contest BEGIN! The Ramen Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
now to get dessert ready while the rest is baking.

Frosting for my brownies (Peanut butter, white chocolate, powdered sugar, honey, butter, milk)

IMG_1757.jpg

Ramen, frying in butter, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon (An evil and delicious garnish for the dessert)

IMG_1762.jpg

Oh man...........................................

Bread's done!

IMG_1766.jpg

Stuffed Italian Bread Cast Iron style

IMG_1767.jpg

Sliced, diced and garlicbread-ified

IMG_1775.jpg

Almost done......ramen, Italian gravy, Parmigiano Reggiano and some moooozarella.

IMG_1784.jpg

Back under the broiler.

Been a'workin in tha kitchen...

POL:

ramen1.jpg

Most of what I used...

ramen2.jpg

ramen3.jpg

ramen4.jpg

Make the beer/ramen batter:

ramen5.jpg

Batter ready, roll out some custom grind sausages...venison and pork with diced Morougas, Morich, and Caribbean Reds ground riiiiight in...

ramen6.jpg

Coat 'em good...

ramen7.jpg

Fry 'em good...

ramen8.jpg

Dillute remaining ramen batter with more beer, and a little flour, and coat the shoe-string'd japs and onions. Makin' me some TEXAS-TOOTHPICKS.

ramen9.jpg

More to come...

I started by grinding up 2 packs of ramen noodles...
TDCFDERRSTEAK002.jpg

Got them to a flour-like cosistency, added 3 kinds of superhot powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and a some chicken flavor seasoning packet...
TDCFDERRSTEAK004.jpg

Some beautful venison steaks from this past november...
TDCFDERRSTEAK008.jpg

Gently pounded flat, seasoned, dredged in ramen flour, dipped in an egg and beer mixture, and back into the ramen flour...
TDCFDERRSTEAK015.jpg

The rest coming soon...

Fryin em up in the CI...
TDCFDERRSTEAK019.jpg

The taters are done. I added a few things and mashed em up...
TDCFDERRSTEAK017.jpg

Then added ramen flour to some of the pan drippings to make a roux, and added "chicken broth" made with water, seasoning packet, and superhot powder. Then some milk, and cooked until thickened. I also steamed some green beans for a few minutes, then sauteed em in butter, garlic, and seasoning packet...
TDCFDERRSTEAK021.jpg

Ohhh Lawdy! Lawdy! Lawdy!

What an awesome Throw Down! This is realy truly awesome.

Everyone's dish is looking great, VERY impressive! except that Scovie fool.

Continue....

OMG! This is one of the best TDs EVER!

BTW, did the requirement that "the seasoning packet must be re-purposed" get lost in the shuffle?

HH81, I hope that's not your final post???

Does anyone have any idea how many entrants are in on this so far?

Chicken fried venison steak - spicy ramen style

TDCFDERRSTEAK028.jpg

TDCFDERRSTEAK033.jpg

Ramen- Maruchan - chicken flavor

Ramen flour- Gound ramen noodles into powder, added some seasoning packet, garlic powder, 3 kinds of superhot powder, and black pepper

Steaks Venison steaks gently pounded flat, seasoned, dredged in ramen flour, dipped in an egg and beer mixture, then back into the ramen flour and fried in oil.

Gravy Added ramen flour to some of the pan drippings to make a roux. Then added "chicken broth" made with water and seasoning packet and superhot powder. Then some milk, and cooked until thickened.

Spuds Red potatoes with some skin left on. Boiled. Added butter, milk, garlic, hot powder, sour cream, and some seasoning packet. Then mashed.

Green beans Steamed for a few minutes, then sauteed in butter, garlic, hot powder, and seasoning packet.

Pictures for final plating coming soon, having problems again with phone

81A'S RAMEN SUSHI BUFFET

Ingredients:
Ahi tuna
Salmon (washington caught)
Prawns
Crab
Seaweed wrap
Avacodo
Cucumber
Mirin
Rice vinegar
Sugar
Soy sauce
Pickled ginger
Bok choy
Green onions
Parsley
SALT
Sake
Ginger
Garlic
Spicy ramen
Yummy 7 powder
Birds eye
Hot salt

Cook ramen in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, add rice vinegar, miron, sugar, half seasoning pack, and hot salt. Allow to cool to room temp. Place chop sticks in between belly and shell of shrimp and blanch in water till done. Butterfly. Thinly slice on a bias the salmon and tuna. Thinly slice the avacodo and cucumber.dice up the birds eye
Lay everything out in order to start building your sushi.
Place seaweed wrap shiny side down, then your now cooled ramen noodles, add a little wusabi then start building.
For hand roll, place quarter sheet seaweed in hand, add ramen and other ingredients in. Fold bottom, fold over one side, and then the other.
For nigiri roll ramen in hand, tightn up the sides and place salmon, tuna, or shrimp on top.

The salad:
Mix soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey, water, olive oil, ramen spice pack. Heat for one minute then mix again. Chop parsley, julienne bok chow, and chop the green onions. Drissle and mix the dressing.

On the side some soy sauce, picked ginger, and wusabi. With a glass of Sake

IMG041.jpg

IMG035.jpg

Okay gang, time to throw my silliness in the ring!

Since I have the attention span of a 2-yr-old these days, I couldn't muster the fancy ramen-morphing abilities I'm seeing in this TD!!!
So I tried a flavor flip instead...as "non-ramen" as I could! hahaha

Here's some teaser pics....

a5412c80.jpg

0bf7d80f.jpg

7f5990dc.jpg

dang musky! that looks great. im glad i didnt enter i was going to make ramen pie. im glad i didnt waste my time yall to much. awesome job everyone!

SWEDISH RAMEN VOODOO

Cabbage Rolls:

cabbage leaves
ground beef/ground pork
pulverized ramen bits, toasted
1 egg
milk
chopped onion
chopped 7-pot...then a little more!
1/2 packet beef flavored ramen seasoning
feta (don't know why, but it sounded good to me!)

Sauce:

tomato sauce
brown sugar
lemon juice
worcestershire
other 1/2 beef ramen flavor pack
Sriracha

Cooked the Cabbage Rolls in my trusty crock pot for 8 hours on low!

HOT HOT POTATO SALAD

yukon golds
cream cheese
buttermilk
shredded cheddar
chives, parsley, dill, red savina pdr
homemade chile flakes, of random dried pods (dangerous, but tasty!)

Topped the dish with:
bread crumbs
parmesan
parsley
cayenne, for color at that point!

Baked until bubbly and melty!

3ee68abc.jpg

522ac471.jpg

A record number of tiaras in this TD. SL wants extra points for working in a strange kitchen... TB has sunburn... and JayT can't use Photobucket! :lol:

Ramen-FUBAR! "Cast Iron-Italian Style"

This is the longest it has taken to cook any one meal my entire life......lol. Hell yeah, only for THP Throwdown bebe :party:

First we start with the Appateasers

Ramen's Balls

1 pkg Instant Beef Ramen
1/4 cup chopped green onion
4-Fresh habanero's
4oz Cream cheese
mediterranean olive oil
smoked habanero powder
Pink Himalayan salt
flour
1 egg

(Home made sweet and tangy Sauce that was laid over top for serving was; 1 Tbs Organic Habanero hot sauce, 1 Tbs Worcestershire and 1/2 tbs honey....these are rough estimations, I eyeballed it to taste)

Take ramen,seasoning, smoked hab powder, himalayan salt and put in food processor, grind it up into manageable crumbs. Pour oil into cast iron and get it ready. Chop green onions and habs, add them to cream cheese. take spoon and scoop out gumball size balls and roll them in flower, dip them in egg and then roll them in the Ramen crumbs. Toss in oil and fry (turning every 30 seconds) for 3 minutes.

Plate and serve (Sooooooooo good, I was surprised to find that the beef seasoning came through and the ramen was a great breading alternative. I will use it again in the future)

Stuffed Italian Garlic spaghetti bread

1 package Beef Ramen
6 1/2 Cups King Arthur Bread flour
2 packets dry active yeast
Fresh mozzarella and parmiganio reggiano cheese
sun dried tomatoes
two hot italian sausages
garlic
butter
sugar
Pink Himalayan salt
sesame seeds

Take 1 cup tepid water add yeast and 1tsp sugar and let dissolve. Leave five minutes, then add it to your mixing bowl with 4 cups of bread flour. Beat mixture for 10 mins (Kitchen aid mixer) (you want the dough to pull away from the side) now add 1tsp pink salt, another 1 1/2 cups tepid water and the remaining 2 1/2 cups bread flour. Mix with dough hook for 5mins.

Remove and put in bowl covered for 1 1/2 hours until it rises twice it's size. lightly punch down dough, roll it out into about a 20in pizza crust shape, add ingredients and then roll inward from all edges until you get to the middle. Now take cast iron skillet and form the dough to the shape of the pan. (pre-heat oven 450, cover dough and let rise for another 45mins) Brush on egg white, sprinkle on sesame seeds, put four 1/4in deep slits across the loaf with a paring knife and place it in the oven with a small casserole dish, filled about 1/2 with water. (Gives the crust it's crunch and helps the dough rise)

Remove from oven and let rest (Stick it in the fridge or freezer if you have room, although watch out, the cast iron is going to be scorching) Cut into 1 1/4in thick slices. spread on minced garlic and butter, sprinkle on Reggiano cheese and put under broiler for as long as you like (different people like different degrees of doneness. I personally like a little char on my edges.)

Remove, add cooked ramen noodles, spoon over italian gravy and top off with Reggiano and mozzarella cheese. Put back under broiler for about 30-45 seconds. Remove and cut in half for serving.

Ramen Garnished Peanut Butter/White Chocolate Frosted Brownies

Cooked Ramen noodles
Flour
Sugar
Vanilla Extract
Baking powder
Peanut butter
White Chocolate cooking bar
Cinnamon
Butter
powdered coco

Brownies-First you melt 1/2 stick butter, remove from heat and mix in 1/2 cup flour, 1tsp vanilla extract, 1 cup sugar 1/3 cup powdered coco. Mix well and put into 8x8 pyrex (greased and floured) Put into a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. (Do not overcook)

Frosting-Take 4oz peanut butter, 1/2 stick butter and mix in with 1/4 cup milk, 1 cup powdered sugar, 6oz bar of white bakers chocolate and 2Tbs honey. Mix until creamy.

Ramen Garnish-Take cooked ramen noodles and fry them for 1min or until crisp. Break up into pan with butter, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon. Saute until slightly reduced.

Frost brownies and then garnish with candied ramen as desired.

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

Jebus there are so may people that entered!!! It's WICKED. We might need an extra day to vote.......yikes! Everything looks so gooood guys and gals. I love all of the ramen crazyness. Ramen TD definitely did not disappoint! :dance:

c.j. holy something,,thats awesome!

i couldnt find salsas final picks??

3/5 you went all out

gnarly i dig,,,i dig real hard. i wonder how many knew how to do the bag and towel cooking? dont forget the book on top of container of hot water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back