contest BEGIN! The Ramen Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this is how this is gonna work

if you dont vote for me, SoFlo/flo ryda people, i will pee in all your beer when you come out to the brewery

ohhh shiiiii

3/5 and FD made a close dish

Some serious craziness going on here so far. I be diggin' it. I can't wait to see PK's final plate-up. Mine will be along later today. I may start one part of it this morning and give you guys a teaser.

Okay - many of you know that I do quite a bit of grilling. So i thought that I would try to grill some ramen (2 ways) and serve with asparagus.

Ingredients:
Chicken flavored ramen
Hot banana pepper
Lime
Sugar
Chicken broth
Rice vinegar
Sesame seed oit
Tamari
My home made hot Asian sauce (thanks again to JayT for the idea)
My home made garlic and thai chile sauce (Sriracha)

P1030794.jpg

Mix all ingredients together in bowl. I used the hot Asian sauce for 1 version and the garlic/Thai for the other:

P1030797.jpg

Soak Ramen noodles for about 20 minutes (while the grill fires). I also marinated the aspargus in the garlic/Thai sauce.

P1030799.jpg

Next up - trying to grill these . . .
P1030802.jpg

Pic of some of the already used ingredients plus POL. 18 cents per package.
P1030805.jpg

Kung Fu Shrimp Ramen Sushi

Here's some teasin' n' pleasin' for y'all.

If I recollect correctly, the noodles were fitty cents a pack so therefore POL is .50.

IMG_3533.jpg

$4.99 a pound imported from India shrimps. $4.99 a pound is some cheapass shrimps. Tasted like it too. Metallic and earthy taste notes definitely pointed to the fact they were raised in some sort of cage shrimp prison farm. No matter. Went all Black Betty on 'em with half and half olive oil and butter and splooged 'em with Sriracha, the miracle sauce.

IMG_3534.jpg

The noodles came with 2 mystery packets. One was some seasoning with no shrimp flavor other than salt and the other some mystery oil. Could be sperm whale oil, I dunno'.

IMG_3535.jpg

Took about 3 minutes to rehydrate the stuff.

IMG_3536.jpg

Theeweed...

IMG_3537.jpg

Doped the roll up with green onions, the roosterfied kung fu prison shrimps and more rooster.

IMG_3538.jpg

Crazy...

IMG_3540.jpg

Here's some teasin' n' pleasin' for y'all.

If I recollect correctly, the noodles were fitty cents a pack so therefore POL is .50.

IMG_3533.jpg

$4.99 a pound imported from India shrimps. $4.99 a pound is some cheapass shrimps. Tasted like it too. Metallic and earthy taste notes definitely pointed to the fact they were raised in some sort of cage shrimp prison farm. No matter. Went all Black Betty on 'em with half and half olive oil and butter and splooged 'em with Sriracha, the miracle sauce.

IMG_3534.jpg

The noodles came with 2 mystery packets. One was some seasoning with no shrimp flavor other than salt and the other some mystery oil. Could be sperm whale oil, I dunno'.

IMG_3535.jpg

Took about 3 minutes to rehydrate the stuff.

IMG_3536.jpg

Theeweed...

IMG_3537.jpg

Doped the roll up with green onions, the roosterfied kung fu prison shrimps and more rooster.

IMG_3538.jpg

Crazy...

IMG_3540.jpg

I may not even continue after seeing this one.

Hell yeah TS all the way you get my vote :) ........ Joey who? lol ;)

Damn LB and your a JJ fan? must suck that TS is getting equipment from your guys team and whoopin' ass with it :) although last week sucked for ya I'll admit that, HMS should have won whether it was Gordon or JJ, but that reutiman caution fucked everybody

LOL...I rarely get to watch the races, but when I do, I prefer JJ.

---The Most Interesting Lunch in the World---

Damn TB, looks good!
What'd you do with the whale sperm oil?

I shoulda' mentioned that I tossed it in the noodles after they were cooked and drained. Keptem' from being overly sticky and made for much easier handling.

Ingredients:

2 Packs of Kung Fu brand instant noodles
Indian shrimps
Sriracha sauce
Green onions
Seaweed

Condiments:

Wasabi
Pickled ginger
Ponzu sauce
Mae Ploy Sweet Thai Chile Sauce

Method:

Sauteed shrimps in cast iron in 1/2 olive oil, 1/2 butter, and sriracha. Rehydrated the noodles w/flavor packs for 3 minutes until done. Drained, cooled, and drizzled with flavor pack mystery oil to unstickyfy. Spread noodles upon seaweed with green onions, the added cooked shrimps and more sriracha. Rolled and cut with a wet knife and plated with condiments.

For your culinary pleasure...

IMG_3540.jpg

Best enjoyed with alcohol.

IMG_3542.jpg

Bang!

Damm! You guys are bringin it! All these bite size morsels of awesome.
I have never seen Ramen in Food Processors, let alone so many!

What an awesome TD.

Wow, two shrimp sushis, two prison ramems! A lot of doubles here.

TB, I would have liked to have seen you make your own sauce, you're a chef!

Wow, two shrimp sushis, two prison ramems! A lot of doubles here.

TB, I would have liked to have seen you make your own sauce, you're a chef!

In keeping with the spirit of cheapness and ramen, I went with the cheapness for the sauces too. I was also dulling the pain from some sunburnt legs with tequila and was :drunk: to say the least.

GRILLED RAMEN NOODLES:

I forgot the POL. The ramen noodles were 18 cents each.

All I did was try something new on the grill. Not sure if i meet the rules or not, but they were surprisingly good. Parts were crunchy, parts were soft. The asparagus was great. The 2 different flavors of sauce worked well with each other.

Ingredients:
Chicken flavored ramen
Hot banana pepper
Lime
Sugar
Chicken broth
Rice vinegar
Sesame seed oit
Tamari
My home made hot Asian sauce (thanks again to JayT for the idea)
My home made garlic and thai chile sauce (Sriracha)

On the grill:

P1030802.jpg

Off the grill an on the plate. Grilled the noodles about 3 minutes per side. Grilled the asparagus about 8 minutes total. I added the remaining sauce on top of each of the grilled noodles prior to serving.

P1030804.jpg

Buddy - looks tasty! Why don't you take a pic with some of the ingredients and PoL so we can get it added to the list? Put that up ini your prep pics - done!

TB - More awesomenessessess!

I was also dulling the pain from some sunburnt legs with tequila and was :drunk: to say the least.
Somebody get this man a tiara! What is with this TD????

Buddy - looks tasty! Why don't you take a pic with some of the ingredients and PoL so we can get it added to the list? Put that up ini your prep pics - done!

TB - More awesomenessessess!

Somebody get this man a tiara! What is with this TD????

Added pic with some of the used ingredients and the POL.

Ghosty trolls his first throwdown thread, he gets it, the rules, the prep, the ingredients and the challenge, nice job everyone, especially your xc, nice choice of ingredients. May have to try this sometime, I can't believe I have been here this long not to discover what a "throwdown" really is.

Scurries quickly under a rock...

Ghosty... :shocked:

ghosty go to Walmart grab a pack of ramen and join the fun before midnight :)

dang scovie nice Easter basket lol

Great entrees so far guys I feel like I got blown out of the competition before I even posted my throw down lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back