contest BEGIN! The Ramen Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...my ramen be cookin'....teaser pics coming up (whenever SD heps me!). Official entry, sometime between 5 hours from now and late tomorrow....

I'm on vacation and ditched my watch. ...AND just finished my very last Busch Light until Flo-Ville! :mope:

gnarlyeggs - I see you fixed your post on page 3. Would you please clarify how you used the seasoning packet(s)? I think in both the dough and filler, but just want to be sure. Also FYI, I think we are seeing the filler, but the coloration in the photo is so close between the dough and the filler, it's hard to tell.

Bwahahaha gnarly made prison ramen! No research! Now whatcha gonna do Jay??? :rofl:

BTW, the tamales were SPOT ON!!!

The ramen dough had a different, yet pleasant consistency. It totally worked!!!
The pork mixture was fantastic!!! The sauce too!
And sum bought a shit-ton of tamale wrappers, so I can imagine more on DC someday soon.

I makey no prison fare. I told you I am going with my original plan and no amount of reserch could come up with this craziness. I promise you.

Gettin' my shrimps and ramensky on later tonight. Currently rehydrating from today's sun n' fun with liquid barley products. Piccy posts of the mayhem manana.

Lots of awesome looking Ramen dishes already, I'm hoping what I come up with will hang with all that great stuff! After I took the pic I realized I forgot to put the cream cheese in the pic, but its going to be in there.
ramentd.jpg

Speaking of stealth..... .85¢ for one package of Ramen? Holy shhhhhhhhhhizznit.
4 for a buck here. Not to be confused with a pound of Deer Nuts just under a buck

Speaking of stealth..... .85¢ for one package of Ramen? Holy shhhhhhhhhhizznit.
4 for a buck here. Not to be confused with a pound of Deer Nuts just under a buck
I got the same brand - they wanted $1.99 for it at the "regular" grocery store. Was really glad I got mine at an Asian market. Geesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back