beer Being Crafty

432692dfbcdf3fa191f492c74cabfb54.jpg

The Pacifica is mostly faded now, and it's quite Columbus-forward ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Grant yes the ESB was their namesake beer so to speak, I def had that, sorry, not sure I had the IPA, I thought the other was swill lol!
Their IPA actually used to be pretty decent 10 years ago. The recipe has completely changed though. The change probably happened around the time I got that "bad batch", when I was like WTF? I cracked every single beer to take a sip, and they all didn't taste like Longhammer at all. My first drain pour commenced. It wasn't alcohol abuse though...what Red Hook did to my beloved Longhammer recipe was the real alcohol abuse.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
 My first drain pour commenced. It wasn't alcohol abuse though...what Red Hook did to my beloved Longhammer recipe was the real alcohol abuse.

Yes it was. 

My mom got me a case of copperhook for my 21st birthday.  I hated it from the first sip, but didn't have the heart to tell my mom that it was awful.
Deschutes FTW as always. Absolutely solid porter.

That stuff is great. 

grantmichaels said:
That's the one I wanted. I snagged the others just to leverage the shipping ...

Yeah I might wind up doing that.  I'm surprised it was ten bucks just to ship one glass. 

When are you starting? I remember seeing that you had most all of the equipment to start. What will be your first brew?

Yeah I'm really slacking I ran out of propane during the testing stages and never went to get more. Lol

The weather hasn't really been ideal here and the nice days we did have I find myself doing something else. IDK

It's gonna happen though soon

Back