beer Being Crafty

Last night's (full size) tastings haha

other_half_forever_ever_board.jpg

other_half_space_diamonds_board.jpg

other _half_all_citra_everything_board.jpg

other_half_suparillo_board.jpg

Wow, so flights are for losers? I thought this thread was for "going out" and enjoying a craft beer. No one seemed to get that which I thought was lame? Whatever I'll let the same two people play in here and keep my flight pics of different breweries in this area out of here.

sicman said:
Wow, so flights are for losers? I thought this thread was for "going out" and enjoying a craft beer. No one seemed to get that which I thought was lame? Whatever I'll let the same two people play in here and keep my flight pics of different breweries in this area out of here.
Ok

sicman said:
I wasn't thinking back to that you had posted a flight ... but you're entitled to feel offended, I guess.

I believe I even made the exception for traveling to a brewery, and while CCB's probably only an hour or two away - it's not down the street or anything, for you.

Oh yeah that was a good pic!

Don't be so sensitive sic. No one said loser, I buy full size for cost ratio. If I don't like the beer I end up drinking it anyway and change to something else. I like trying stuff full size. Flights work for people that are into the tasting experience and not wasting money by not liking a beer, so it works for cost in that regard also, but, I go to tasting rooms to taste by drinking so I buy 12 or 16 oz. :) Those look like a nice size tho.

PS. Most craft bars here give you a taste for free anyway! So no flights for me. If you are asking about a beer they'll say "here try it."

No big deal really. Keep posting.

One of these days I'll do it, maybe.

sicman said:
Cigar City tasting room.
   Round 1
14054216_1658066887854597_1330511007989993499_n.jpg

Round two.
14021676_1658101644517788_9159252088561206055_n.jpg

Covering all the big dogs right there, too ...

White Oak Jai Alai ... Caffe Americano ... Marshalll Zhukov ... Seasonal Sneak ... GWAR ...

The only problem I have with that post, is that the Chocolate Chip Pancake is already gone from the flight, and it's the one I'm not familiar with! =)

I'm a loser baby.. :P    first visit to a  recently opened brewery in the next city over.   walked in about 15 mins before closing  to  wait staff that really wanted me to just go away.  screw them, I walked out with 3 mins to spare  and  very disappointed .  A lot of their menu was sold out so it was a limited variety for the flight , but based  on the brewing skillz in these 4 I doubt I will bother with a return visit to try anything else. 

i0zWi4W.jpg

http://www.descendantsbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Menu.pdf

lYPRFMA.jpg

5  => Litha Kolsch   can't say I picked up on the elderberry in this but probably the most balanced of the 4 which is pretty faint praise actually  " Your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of ELDER BERRIES!!"

4 =>  Zuzu Saision wild sour   I generally like sour  and wild yeast brews but this a definite exception. very unbalanced  with hops trying to cover it up. 

9  => Altekrea hefeweisen   I am a big fan of many wheat beers, but this one really made me think they don't have a handle on this brewing thing yet.   bananas and cloves my ass, you let your ferment get too warm.  :shh:

8 => Stellar skelly black IPA    I was really hoping that the old save the best for last adage would kick in  , but  even with massive hop profile the backbone of this thing was so unbalanced it  just tasted like bitter burnt hops and molasses. 

Thanks for the detail.

Just tried a Bell's Oracle 10â„… wow super boozy reminiscent of a tequila shot. Grant this may be right up your alley. I passed on it and got another Citra. That's what's cool about the free taste. ;)
#flightgate it had to happen :rofl:

If I see it, I'll grab a bottle ... the best of the tequila-themed beers I've had is OB's BA Gubna ...

I think I may have a can deep on my shelf, still, but I gave my 2nd can from my more recent shipment to TNKS the other week ...

Unique beer, and a real ass-kicker ...

Not saying it's tequila themed but it was boozy and tequila-like to me

Ashen said:
I'm a loser baby.. :P    first visit to a  recently opened brewery in the next city over.   walked in about 15 mins before closing  to  wait staff that really wanted me to just go away.  screw them, I walked out with 3 mins to spare  and  very disappointed .  A lot of their menu was sold out so it was a limited variety for the flight , but based  on the brewing skillz in these 4 I doubt I will bother with a return visit to try anything else. 

i0zWi4W.jpg

http://www.descendantsbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Menu.pdf

lYPRFMA.jpg

5  => Litha Kolsch   can't say I picked up on the elderberry in this but probably the most balanced of the 4 which is pretty faint praise actually  " Your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of ELDER BERRIES!!"

4 =>  Zuzu Saision wild sour   I generally like sour  and wild yeast brews but this a definite exception. very unbalanced  with hops trying to cover it up. 

9  => Altekrea hefeweisen   I am a big fan of many wheat beers, but this one really made me think they don't have a handle on this brewing thing yet.   bananas and cloves my ass, you let your ferment get too warm.  :shh:

8 => Stellar skelly black IPA    I was really hoping that the old save the best for last adage would kick in  , but  even with massive hop profile the backbone of this thing was so unbalanced it  just tasted like bitter burnt hops and molasses. 

Just on appearance every one of those look like disappointment. 

Back