beer Being Crafty

mine's 12.5+ and it's like 55% specialty grains, and 5% lactose/maltodextrin ...

it ended up around 1.045-1.050 and as so thick it took weeks to carb, lol ...

it was about .01 over the FG target and a bit cloying, but that kind of balanced out the heat ...

i'd take it down to 10.5 and create a slightly more fermentable wort next time, but i liked the taste from using the syrup ...

Deliciously drinkable. Good thing I have more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 48
That's such a good beer.

My old neighbor works for the major distributor here in the Portland area. He occasionally gets to grab some craft brews before they reach store shelves. The year that beer came out he gave me a six pack as a gift and it turned out to become one of my favorite beers.

You definitely can't beat that brew.

I was actually really surprised at how good this one was. The aroma is among the strongest chocolate and caramel I've had in a beer. The flavor is pretty decent as well, a bit of residual sugar is there to make the whole chocolate and caramel thing work.

The next one has a great Mosaic aroma, but falls short in the flavor department.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
This one is really good. I'm a bit of a sucker for oatmeal stouts, but this is one of the best I've had in a while. It definitely reminds me why I have 6 gallons of chocolate oatmeal stout sitting on 8 ounces of cocoa nibs right now.

Great beer ...

tctenten said:

If you run across the jai alai in the white can, the oaked one, it's tasty ...

If you see Funky Buddha Morning Wood, that's a good one from the Nikolai Vorlauf folks ... it's expensive, though ... enough so that it's worth noting ...

If you see Caffe Americano or Marshall Zhukov those are great ...

You should be able to get Evil Twin's Even More Jesus in the can, which is great ...

You might like JDubs chocolate milk porter ...

If you feel ambitious, head to Cycle for the bottle release each day this week ...

wheebz asked me if I could run up there for him - but I just can't make it happen work-wise - this week ...

I highly, highly recommend Rogue's Dead Guy Ale for while you are here ... great beer to drink while in Florida ... that and Dale's Pale ...

Back