beer Being Crafty

Not as good and I would have hope for but not bad....my least favorite from OB at the moment.

Attachments

• 20161129_192050.jpg
    20161129_192050.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 45
Grass Snake said:
Not as good and I would have hope for but not bad....my least favorite from OB at the moment.

So, I haven't had that one ...

I've had more than most, but I haven't had that one ... I think loudly calling it IPA is like a warrant canary of sorts ...

It says to me - 'Here's this beer that a zillion people have requested - we're not passionate about it - but BOOM! Viva la IPA!' ...

Consider that Ten FIDY is “Fuck the Industry, Do it Yourself,” and then think about them naming it "IPA" ...

I'm thinking it's a bit of an inside joke, LOL ...

Here's your IPA ... why is it called IPA? ... so we never have to make you another one! Now fuck off!!! ...
t0mato said:
Saw these two six points brews at the store yesterday. Are they any good?

<3 The CRISP ...

grantmichaels said:

So, I haven't had that one ...

I've had more than most, but I haven't had that one ... I think loudly calling it IPA is like a warrant canary of sorts ...

It says to me - 'Here's this beer that a zillion people have requested - we're not passionate about it - but BOOM! Viva la IPA!' ...

Consider that Ten FIDY is “f**k the Industry, Do it Yourself,” and then think about them naming it "IPA" ...

I'm thinking it's a bit of an inside joke, LOL ...

Here's your IPA ... why is it called IPA? ... so we never have to make you another one! Now f**k off!!! ...

<3 The CRISP ...

Have you had Beerito? I've had no desire to try that one because I really don't like Mexican beers. Still curious what other say..

Grass Snake said:

Have you had Beerito? I've had no desire to try that one because I really don't like Mexican beers. Still curious what other say..

I like a lot of Mexican lagers, but it goes down as their worst beer to me. It has the Corona skunk taste on steroids. Which is funny because it certainly isn't lightstruck being in a can. I still have one in my fridge from the 2 I picked in a pick 6 when it came out.

The IPA isn't bad but Pinner is awesome. I agree with GM that it's their intro to IPA's widely accepted beer. It's more subdued to me than Yella Pills, which has a pretty aggressive yeast flavor to me that I'm not a big fan of.

To wash the taste of that weak porter out of my mouth, I crushed one of these. Good belgian flavor, and a nice kick of hops. This is the best one I've had from DB, since they got out by InBev.

I've had this many times before, but I figured I'd open one up while brewing a porter, since the last porter I drank was such a miss. The peanut butter is there in the aroma, and the afteraste, but the overall flavor is chocolate. The description of the bottle says that it is supposed to be dry, but it is pretty sweet to my palate, compared to most other porters.

Back