beer Being Crafty

grantmichaels said:

I enjoy the suffering through one of those about every other month or so ...

While I can handle the alcohol fine, I would be well-served by a 6-8 oz pour ...
Could not agree more. Once it's warms up too much your drinking sweet bourbon.

I love this beer, but there is a point of no return on its greatness for me.
tctenten said:
I want to start frequenting some local breweries. That is why I was asking about the growlers. I pass 2 just on my 8 minute drive from the ferry everynight.
I was at a local spot tonight with my wife. 5 mins from my house. It's great. He just released his imp stout and ba aged this week. Cashed out the keg in 3 days and is almost sold out of the ba bottles.

beet.jpg

I just bottled up the coffee vanilla porter...just in time to drink for Christmas! I threw two vanilla beans, and 2.5 ounces of premium espresso beans on the beer on Sunday. After a taste and smell, it was definitely ready to be bottled tonight. It's going to be an epic brew to enjoy this Christmas and New Year.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I just bottled up the coffee vanilla porter...just in time to drink for Christmas! I threw two vanilla beans, and 2.5 ounces of premium espresso beans on the beer on Sunday. After a taste and smell, it was definitely ready to be bottled tonight. It's going to be an epic brew to enjoy this Christmas and New Year.

Sounds tasty! I love vanilla

breweries that do growlers here , will only fill their own branded ones. Makes it a bit of hassle if you want to frequent a few of them. We have lots of room but for some reason it bothers my wife to have a bunch of empty growlers kicking around.   I just have one now from my favourite place and just buy bottles or cans from the others. 

Oh man that sucks. A sale is a sale. I once got someone else's growler back, different logo. Hope it was clean lol. Took it back next time and got a brewery one again. They looked the same.

In most places breweries are 'in it together, versus the macros' ...

In other places macros haven't had a footing for a number of years already, and the micro's are in direct competition (basically Oregon) ...

Back