beer Being Crafty

Bikini_Girl_Shotgun_Beer.jpg

The Brooklyn Black Imperial Stout is not too shabby. Have to let it come up to temp...

The Hot Pepper said:
The Brooklyn Black Imperial Stout is not too shabby. Have to let it come up to temp...

Love that beer ... great roast and chocolate flavors ...

Dude's a master of that style.

I think he might be gone, now, though - believe it or not ...

I've been meaning to poke around and see if ABInbev didn't quietly buy Brooklyn, because I saw something that seemed to hint it had quietly happened, and I follow Garrett Oliver elsewhere and noted he took a very nice vacation recently ...

He likes speed - fast, fancy cars ...

He's an ex-chef and comes across clearly on cheese ... and well, a good IG follow, anyways ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Kirin owns a minority stake. That was a 2016 deal. It's not my fave brewery by any stretch, most are mediocre at best.

I don't like a single other beer they make, including the Black Ops ...

Giving my 2nd bottle of B.O. to JHP because he likes it ...

I want champagne flavor with my stout never, ever ...

But the Chocolate Stout is one of my favorite stout's ... I think it's absolutely fucking delicious ...

I hate to diss them but they are on par with Sam Adams. Most are swilly drinkables with nothing special, and some not even "drinkables." FWIW.

grantmichaels said:
But the Chocolate Stout is one of my favorite stout's ... I think it's absolutely fucking delicious ...
Yeah they did this one right. We agree on their entire line lol.

Hahaha Magic Hat is one of the worst. A lot of craft beers are like cheap sports beers taken up a notch but the breweries don't put a lot of effort into "cheffing" the recipes with the hops and ingredients. Going to Other Half is like a tasting menu at a 5-star restaurant minus all the pretension. Still just beer, beards, and good times lol.

Back