beer Being Crafty

JoynersHotPeppers said:

What temp did you drink it at? I let mine hit between 55 and 60 and it turned into something special. Shared it with 5 CO beer guys that were amazed. 
I solo domed it. So I let it warm up out of the fridge and drank it intermittently for over an hour. Definitely better once it warms up. I had it hyped up in my head quite a bit from the last time I had it as well.

Im getting fairly jaded though having traded beer with people from a lot of the popular craft breweries. There are so many great beers out there now. I think everyone is a bit jaded anymore. Im sure youve had beers that you used to like and go back and taste again, and think last year was better. I dont think the older ones were better. Weve just been spoiled by really good beer.

Ozzy2001 said:
I solo domed it. So I let it warm up out of the fridge and drank it intermittently for over an hour. Definitely better once it warms up. I had it hyped up in my head quite a bit from the last time I had it as well.

Im getting fairly jaded though having traded beer with people from a lot of the popular craft breweries. There are so many great beers out there now. I think everyone is a bit jaded anymore. Im sure youve had beers that you used to like and go back and taste again, and think last year was better. I dont think the older ones were better. Weve just been spoiled by really good beer.

I have found as my palate evolves and the selection grows, past memories are jaded so i get it. I mean I think I have 35 DFH 120's in the basement. 

I am sure ones I think are epic now will laso fade, Nugget Nectar is a great example. In past years I would have aldy snagged cases, so far 2 6'ers and not rushing for more. 

Bissell brothers has a new one coming out this weekend, sounds good.
image.png

tctenten said:
Heading down for a visit?
Thinking about it, depending on the weather (I heard snow for Friday morning on the radio today)

Patriots vs. Eagles Super Bowl. Wife's from Philly originally. Thinking of doing regional food themed SB party. She wants authentic Philly soft pretzels and I have zero problem driving to Tommy Dinic's in the Reading Terminal in Philly to pick up a bunch of shit to make their roast pork sandwiches w/ the broccoli rabe, lol. I've done it a couple times before. My father in law brings me up like 1/2 dozen French bread rolls, and the pork, broccoli rabe, spinach, and au jus once in a while. Figure if I get all the stuff (separately), it'll keep just fine in the fridge til Sunday

Anyway, I was gonna go to Tree House today for beer for Sunday, until I checked my bank account first lol
I'll get paid again Friday, so thinking of heading to Philly early, then hitting up Other Half on the way home. Maybe I'll deliver Pookie a roast pork sandwich if he's around ;)

Back