beer Being Crafty

Haha nice vid to watch while I crack this. My first time so not gonna shotgun just yet. These are $20 a sixer, good thing singles are available...

Attachments

• 20180130_224100.jpg
    20180130_224100.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 36
Caju! HB's newest sour. Fermented with multiple strains of Sacc, Brett, Lacto, and Pedio. 6.5% ABV. Aged on 8 lbs cashew apples, 2 lbs of blackberries, and 2 lbs of blueberries. Holy crap is this brew mouth puckeringly sour!!! Not for the faint of heart, but absolutely amazingly scrumptious. This is one of my best sours, and has the most indescribably unique flavor from the cashew apples. I also included a pic of me jamming my PH meter in the glass

Attachments

• 20180130_233730.jpg
    20180130_233730.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180130_235527.jpg
    20180130_235527.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 46
Thegreenchilemonster said:
HB prefers to brew sours in a controlled environment due to a relatively predictable outcome. Known bacteria and yeast combos can already be a bit whacky in fermentation, who knows what else lurks outside to tamper with HBs controlled brewing bubble.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beerandbrewing.com/amp/a-surprise-in-the-yeast
This was a very interesting read. Gotta wonder what else might be out there waiting to be discovered..

Grass Snake said:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beerandbrewing.com/amp/a-surprise-in-the-yeast
This was a very interesting read. Gotta wonder what else might be out there waiting to be discovered..
If HB had more space, time, and a bunch of barrels, HB would definitely do some wild ales. Unfortunately due to limited space, and HB's wife not wanting a few giant barrels of beer slowly fermenting at home for a few years, HB has decided to play it the safe, yet still somewhat unpredictable route of the house slurry of sour prone fermentables.

Grass Snake,  have you ever tried Founders  Lizard of Koz? 

I know of a place that just tapped  a keg of it but not sure I want to road trip 45 mins on a flyer. looks like it will be a busy weekend to sneak a road trip in. 

Upside  it is only about 5 mins from Collective arts brewing and just around corner from a pretty fantastic Jamaican restaurant. 

Ashen said:
Grass Snake,  have you ever tried Founders  Lizard of Koz? 

I know of a place that just tapped  a keg of it but not sure I want to road trip 45 mins on a flyer. looks like it will be a busy weekend to sneak a road trip in. 

Upside  it is only about 5 mins from Collective arts brewing and just around corner from a pretty fantastic Jamaican restaurant. 
Never tried that one but I've heard more bad than good. I wouldn't hesitate to try it tho, if I got the chance.....

Back