beer Being Crafty

A personal favorite from the cellar ;)

f544114a8bac3267958c3121e2348a4e.jpg

Still awesome, about a year later ...

I just picked up a growler of a Brett Coffee pale ale..   A little early here yet but I will put up a pic later while grilling.    I love a good coffee porter or stout but this was a new one for me.   Brett style pale ales in general are fairly new to me, I didn't  get much funk off  of this one, so either the coffee hid it or maybe they went 100% brett. 

Ashen said:
I just picked up a growler of a Brett Coffee pale ale..   A little early here yet but I will put up a pic later while grilling.    I love a good coffee porter or stout but this was a new one for me.   Brett style pale ales in general are fairly new to me, I didn't  get much funk off  of this one, so either the coffee hid it or maybe they went 100% brett. 

Yeah, there's a lot tinkering about in that space right now - can go check out the discourse over at: milkthefunk.com

I'm not that adventurous a beer drinker, truth be told ...

I like Scottish and English strong ales built on Maris Otter, with chocolate, coffee, and/or roast notes ... and I like clean, strong ales with a lot of NZ hops, or one's built upon Columbus ...

So, it's pretty specific in my case ...

A couple of  somewhat off the beaten path brews. 

Morning Brew Brett Coffee Pale Ale Nickel Brook Brewing Co.    I love the finish on this ,  I kept repeating the word creamy and annoying my wife as I drank it. :P  Has that edge of orange juice  from the brett, subtle coffee flavour, just enough hop to tie it together.   

MbOlkrA.jpg

Nickel Brook Dreamsicle Orange Vanilla Pale Ale
this one sounds weird, and it was completely different than my expectations.   I was expecting  a pronounced sweetness which never materialised, definite orange flavours, vanilla and slight hop on the  finish and just tasty all day long. 

I grabbed two bottles of this to sample with a friend that loves weird/unique stuff.  It shocked both of us just how good a beer it is.  I think the name actually might be detrimental to it in the long run.  

SjO6oFo.jpg

Love the mouthfeel on those, and totally agree re: the taste ...

Give me some lactose or maltodextrin, pretty please ...
I believe when I looked into their recipe I saw they get that body from ample rye ...

Back