beer Being Crafty

Lol

Staten Island is regarded as the "Forgotten Borough" for many reasons. I will list a few.

1. No alternate side of the street parking
2. Terrible snow removal compared to other boroughs
3. The only borough that you have to pay a toll to get to the other boroughs
4. Terrible public transportation compared to the other boroughs
5. Public sewer system is not like other boroughs...a good portion has septic tanks

The list is ongoing....so as a native SI er...that slogan resonates.

I do agree that it means nothing to 99.9% of the people outside of Staten Island.

They originally tried to turn it into a Beverly Hills of sorts so seclusion was on the agenda. That shit failed and now it is just a pain in the ass place to get to.

The Hot Pepper said:
They originally tried to turn it into a Beverly Hills of sorts so seclusion was on the agenda. That shit failed and now it is just a pain in the ass place to get to.
SI tried or talked about trying to secede from NYC for many reasons years ago. Really had nothing to do with seclusion as with lack of services compared to the rest of the city. I won't even go into Fresh Kills.

It is a pain to get there by public transportation, but honestly, there is no reason to go there.

Oh yeah I know. I also saw stuff about the limited access and high tolls was a plan to make it a secluded place for the rich.

Thanks to D3 -

5f2b60438672986742079be0f1e77336.jpg

The most-famous, rock-star of the all-Amarillo beers ...

:cheers:

Oddly it's also the only beer I have interest in trying to clone, perhaps because I know doing so is all about the brewing and ferm temp control/details, since the ingredients are simple and well-known ...

grantmichaels said:
Thanks to D3 -

5f2b60438672986742079be0f1e77336.jpg

The most-famous, rock-star of the all-Amarillo beers ...

:cheers:

Oddly it's also the only beer I have interest in trying to clone, perhaps because I know doing so is all about the brewing and ferm temp control/details, since the ingredients are simple and well-known ...
I remrmber reading that they actually use several hops, it's just the clones that are all amarillo. I'll have to see if I can find the info when I'm back on my laptop.

D3monic said:
I remrmber reading that they actually use several hops, it's just the clones that are all amarillo. I'll have to see if I can find the info when I'm back on my laptop.

In truth it doesn't matter, so long as it's a passing clone ...

This one's been brewed and is reviewed as being quite good, not just here, but elsewhere as well ...

https://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/3-floyds-gumballhead-clone
tctenten said:
It is all good.

Pretty sure I would have been better off getting the shorties from SRF.

That's practically guaranteed. Those things are beautiful.

Back