Best beer I ever had

There are very few beers I don't like and what I think is the best will vary month to month, right now on my short list is
Tommyknocker Pick Ax IPA (6.5% alc) and Tin Roof brewery Perfect Tin Amber which are both beers that if I walked
into a establishment serving them I would order without hesitation!

just had WEYERBACHER "Merry Monks" its the Easton Pa rendition of a Belgian Triple Ale and it totally and completely blows away Blue moon, in fact i is exactly like real Belgian Triple, i love this one and highly Recommend it, very much worth a try
has a fresh Banana smell and very completed flavor that you have to try to understand slight touch of sweetness very well balanced with only an tiny bit of bitterness has a slight clove flavor but is actually and undertone in its character
try this one if your Belgian fan or not!~!
they hit the nail right on the head

thanks your friend Joe

thats because blue moon isnt a belgian triple

and yes I do love me some merry monks

yes you correct its a white ale

but it has been so many years since i drank a tripe that it was sadly the only reference i had

thanks your friend Joe

If you like Merry Monks, try some of their Insanity Joe.
yes i may be getting a bottle to try from a friend he tells me that its a limited run and its one of there other beers that is aged in bourbon barrels, i think its a barley wine called Blithering Idiot?? i hear its quite good

i live only about 20+ miles from the brewery

still cant wait to see what happens with Ruckus and the acquisition of the old Neuwieler brewery building here in Allentown
i do wanna try a few more Weyerbacher products

thanks your friend Joe

the best beer I ever had was after working 14 hours in Holland - we were up at 04:30, at the Dyke at 05:00 planting perennials, then off to the greenhouse at 08:00 and worked 08:30 - 5:30 PM doing rose propagation, then back to the Dyke to work the perennials again until it got dark around 7 PM.

We then had an ice cold Amstel (not Amstel light, but the real Amstel) sitting on milk-crates in the barn.

That was the best goddamn beer I've ever had, hands down.

I've had more gourmet, tastier, more interesting beers. But none more satisfying.

I am a bit of a hefeweizen snob... about the only thing I will drink.

Best Weissbeir - Hands down Erdinger Weissbeir. I can only occasionally find it and when I do its about $8 a bottle. I used to pay 1 euro for a pint in Germany.

Best American Wheat Beer - Schafly Hefeweizen - Local brewery, but they can put some of the German weissbeir to shame.

Go-to Macro - Blue Moon - Belgian wheat - not the same as a real hefe, but everyone around here serves it on tap.

the best beer I ever had was after working 14 hours in Holland - we were up at 04:30, at the Dyke at 05:00 planting perennials, then off to the greenhouse at 08:00 and worked 08:30 - 5:30 PM doing rose propagation, then back to the Dyke to work the perennials again until it got dark around 7 PM.

We then had an ice cold Amstel (not Amstel light, but the real Amstel) sitting on milk-crates in the barn.

That was the best goddamn beer I've ever had, hands down.

I've had more gourmet, tastier, more interesting beers. But none more satisfying.
i love the Holland dutch beers about as much as the belgians and yes the dutch beers are my go to beers when im not in the mood to travel too far, you can find at least two most places Hienaken and Amstel, yes they are satisfying

thanks your friend Joe

just picked up a 6 of HOEGAARTEN for a try never had it but have been told many times from many people that it is very good
will get back to you on it
i like wheat beers so im sure i wont be disappointed
any input from anyone on this one??
thanks your friend Joe

dude you can get erdinger about anywhere, and its like 31 dollars a case

Oh yeah, I guess you frequently buy beers in and around Podunk, Illinois then? What might be true for you, might not be true for me... just sayin

Hoegaarten- I agree with JayT on that one. Good, not great.

When I was in college, I pledged a fraternity. One of the worst nights of hazing is like the second day, with the thought I suppose that if you go through hell the early on, you won't be likely to quit later as you've already done plenty of suffering. At 10pm, I showed up at the frat house, was promptly covered from head to toe in bbq sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc. After hours of being yelled at, doing wall sits, pushups, etc, and having icy hot smeared all over my nether regions (yowch!), you get a handshake and a beer. It was broiling in the house (they ran the showers for hours to steam the whole place up) and 7am by that point.

The beer? Milwaukee's Best. After all that, it was the probably the best tasting thing I've ever had. I've had lots of better beers, but that one will always be the best I ever had.

Aji Joe, I don't know if you know it or not, but you are very near one of the greatest beer importers and distributors on the east coast. It is called Shangy's and is located at 40 E Main St in Emmaus. Here is there facebook page. This is the place that sells all the good stuff to local beer distributors all over, including for all the swanky beer bars in Philly. Go check em' out.

http://www.facebook....hebeerauthority

Aji Joe, I don't know if you know it or not, but you are very near one of the greatest beer importers and distributors on the east coast. It is called Shangy's and is located at 40 E Main St in Emmaus. Here is there facebook page. This is the place that sells all the good stuff to local beer distributors all over, including for all the swanky beer bars in Philly. Go check em' out.

http://www.facebook....hebeerauthority

yup im only 2 miles from him, they are a truly wonderful "Beertopia" my fav for selection and better prices than anyone!!

the people are friendly and knowledgeable

i haven't been buying cases lately but i gotta get back there again

thanks Jay your friend Joe

Oh yeah, I guess you frequently buy beers in and around Podunk, Illinois then? What might be true for you, might not be true for me... just sayin

Hoegaarten- I agree with JayT on that one. Good, not great.

well I have no idea where Podunk is, and apparently neither does a map of illinois, but I can assure you if you go to any local beer distributor, they either carry or can order you Erdinger, as its the most widely distributed wheat beer in the world and is available in all 50 states

I know for a fact that Specialty Distributing of Illinois in Peoria sells their products

and if you like erdinger, try Franziskaner or Weinenstephaner, they are a lot better quality wheat beers

Back