Best beer I ever had

Nope, that is the same as the one my brother brought home from the brewery before. The ones made for the U.S. have a label on them. And Naga Chomper, the closest place to me that had them in MD sold out in less than an hour.

the bottle I brought back for Dave 2 years ago after I was there, AT THE BREWERY, did not look like that

it was a plain bottle, no label, white cap, nothing on it

so screw you buddy you got bootleg westy!!!

Well I don't know what to tell you, but the one my brother bought me AT THE BREWERY had a cap. Plain bottle, no label, but a cap. Maybe they were out of caps when they bottled yours. If it is bootleg, which it technically is, I hope it is as good as the other one I had. Maybe we can do a taste testing of mine and yours. Oh that's right you have none. So screw you Bastige. :lol: Oh yeah and they did change the bottles too. This one has that little ring around the neck that the old ones didn't.

You need an updated pic, he is much bigger now. And we are still waiting for the child support checks to start rolling in.

I can't believe this is true, but one of my bestest friends bought me the best beer in the world. If you have not heard of it, Westvleteren 12 is considered by many to be the top ranked beer in the world. It is made by Tappist Monks in Belgium. It is not available outside of Belgium and is very hard to get even there. I was lucky enough to have this a couple years ago when my brother brought it back with him from a business trip to Belgium. Not exactly sure how my friend pulled this off, but I am very thankful.

100_1097.JPG

100_1095.JPG
no surprise its Belgian my fav :dance:

Wheebz, my brother said the Westy 10 is the one with the white cap. He also said my glass is not the "real" one, but the beer is.

And Naga Chomper, the closest place to me that had them in MD sold out in less than an hour.

Not surprised. There was a line here at the local "Total Wine" which was the main retailer for the venture.

If you're in the mood for a good quadrupel Trappist Ale, Rochefort 10 is easily available, and a fine substitute for Westy 12.

I don't drink anymore, but when I did you couldn't get any better than Rochefort.
rochefort_beers_1__big_52531.jpg

If you can't find those St. Bernardus will do nicely.
stbernardous-abt.png

St. Bernardus 12 is supposedly nearly the same recipe as Westy 12. We did a side by side taste with them and while close, Westy was better.

Never tried the Westy, but it must be delicious. I used to go to a bar in Atlanta called the Porter they had a beer list that would take an hour just to look thru. They had a bunch of the Belgium beer on draft here is there menu.

Back