• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Best Chinese Dish

I'm not so much into asian asian food because they eat things on a daily basis I wouldn't even try.

thehotpepper.com said:
American Chinese food is very different from authentic Chinese food. They know we like big portions over here so they serve us heaps of meat over rice, and meats that we are familiar with. In China, the dishes are mostly rice and the meats are, well, some that you would not want to eat :hell:

Yes, usually americanised or europeanised asian food just imports some aspects of the asian cuisine to adapted euroamerican food. And asian chefs in the western world want to make their living. So they adapt to western taste and traditions and adjust them a little bit.

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Whatever you do avoid the cream of sum yung guy and woo
flung pu :)
sorry had a couple of beers (ok a few :lol:) this evening
and trying to find a decent cabin/resort rental for the end of sept and I cant find 1 and I am gettin a bit silly and slap happy lol

There was a little scandal a few years ago in Berlin where health inspectors found some traces of the cream of sum-yung-guy in the cream sauces of turkish doner kebap shops... What would Larry say? "You is outta business!"

lostmind said:
Looks pretty decent though. How was it?

it was good (at best), but needs severe improvement because its no where near what I've been talking about in this thread. that stuff even if you didnt like asian food you'd love it, hence why they always ran out of it in the buffet.

BTW WTF is "hot bean sauce" ?

quad - I thought "hot bean sauce" was something different, I know what "black bean sauce" is & agree with you that its great as its own dish (I bought some black beans to make a fresh bean dish sometime). but it shouldnt be in the orange chicken recipe IMO

IMO -
orange chicken, kung po beef, and general jow chicken are my favorite 3.

there is a chinese buffet by me where i love the hot-n-sour soup they have. it's very good.

Szechuan Shrimp with Chile sauce! Yummo!

Runners up......

General Tso's Chicken, spiced up!, but that's "Chinese-American", huh?

Spicy kimchi, but that's Korean...LOL

Vietnamese Beef Pho, not spicy at all, but absolutely addicting!!!!

~Pepperjack

i saw something on the chinese menu that caught my eye and i had never ordered before. singapore mai fun and it said it is spicy so i ordered it because i`m also a fan of thin noodles. it was good, nice heat. it is the spiciest dish i`ve gotten from this place. after eating it i did a forum search for singapore mai fun and dug up this dinosaur thread. i love asian food and always trying things i`ve never had. BUMP.  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

wiriwiri said:
The spicy flavor is d/t the curry powder in that Singapore Mei fun........like you I love Chinese fine & medium noodle dishes
especially that m fun..I made some & posted someplace here a lil while back.
i think i remember that thread. :cheers:

Back