• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Biggest Pepper Tree/Bush?

I knew that wasn't lucky, didn't you notice the sly wink and nod smiley????? (Damn!);)

Poisonette seems to think that the pic of IGG was a great find, and the IGG was an adorable boy.........

;)(note the wink and nod signifying that I am not entirely serious!!!)

I tried one of the two ripe pods I got from the tree. When green: absolutely no heat, and it was an unpleasant experience because of all those little seeds. Now ripe, these peppers are a different animal. Flavorwise they are kind of earthy and a bit on the bitter side. Decent heat, I would pair them with a serrano, possibly hotter. I can get more pods and save seeds once they ripen.

Sidenote... just because someone is Guatemalan doesn't necessarily mean he knows how to grow peppers or any other plant. Take me for example, I am learning as I go along. Unless this guy is from Peten I would not count on him being very experienced growing peppers.

andres said:
I tried one of the two ripe pods I got from the tree. When green: absolutely no heat, and it was an unpleasant experience because of all those little seeds. Now ripe, these peppers are a different animal. Flavorwise they are kind of earthy and a bit on the bitter side. Decent heat, I would pair them with a serrano, possibly hotter. I can get more pods and save seeds once they ripen.

Sidenote... just because someone is Guatemalan doesn't necessarily mean he knows how to grow peppers or any other plant. Take me for example, I am learning as I go along. Unless this guy is from Peten I would not count on him being very experienced growing peppers.
Hogwash! It's in yer blood dude! Yer lyin!

I haven't had anything near as big as these pictures. My tallest so far this year has just started flowering and is taller than me but that's not hard.

Damn you!! You looked right through my clever ruse... I was just trying to preserve our secret chile tradition! Must hide the chiles...

rainbowberry said:
I haven't had anything near as big as these pictures. My tallest so far this year has just started flowering and is taller than me but that's not hard.

:shocked:

What's up with you, RB? That's, like, the 5th post this week that I've had to restrain myself from commenting on...

imaguitargod said:
:shocked:

What's up with you, RB? That's, like, the 5th post this week that I've had to restrain myself from commenting on...

I agree....my innuendo meter is going through the roof.... this is taking an unbearable amount of restraint to keep quiet about....i'm almost to a point of breaking my own fingers so i don't type anything

Andres...you better come save your thread....and HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with that post? :shocked: I'm talking about one of my plants, I can see what you mean with some of the other posts but not this one. Men with dirty minds eh?

rainbowberry said:
What's wrong with that post? :shocked: I'm talking about one of my plants, I can see what you mean with some of the other posts but not this one. Men with dirty minds eh?

Pepperfreak said:
RB, I think it's just an extra chromosome in the male gene...LOL...We just can't help ourselves. :lol:

Exactly. If you say it, we will make an innuendo out of it. Even if it isn't spoken, it's already gone through our mind.

rainbowberry said:

Let's try this

rainbowberry said:

rainbowberry said:
Wow you blokes are sensitive tonight :lol:

Only tonight? Where have you been?
Give them an inch and they'll.... um.... nevermind... :rolleyes:
You really can't say anything around them.

It goes for all men. My H is just as bad!

Ok, so am I. ;) :oops:

AlabamaJack said:
Andres...you better come save your thread....and HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need... I like where this is going. No time for tree sizes when sexual innuendo is on the line. Keep it coming!

rainbowberry said:
You males were meant to interpret the 'had' bit for 'grown'. Wow you blokes are sensitive tonight :lol:

* Just triple previewing post *

So what you were really trying to say is that you have never grown a really large bush -er- plant?:lol:

Back