• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics BigT plant pics

Oh my.

Shame on you for making us wait so long between pics Tony. They are all looking fantastic! You need help picking pods let me know, be happy to help.

Really lookin great bigt, that 7 Pot is gonna own you. :D

Yeah, that Fatalii looks like it crawled in bed with a Hab. Should make for an interesting cross. :)

Beautiful looking plants Tony.I always thought Virginia had the perfect climate for growing tomatoes and peppers.I used to have bumper crops there!Keep up the good work.

RJC said:
Wow! is all I can say after looking through all those pictures.

FiveStar said:
Dude, your plants are looking beastly! That 7 pod looks very serious my friend, as do the rest of your plants. They're all podding up nicely. I hope my Cappy 7's get loaded like that. Hell, I've got 3 going, plus one at the neighbors! Looks like there may have to be some 7powder made to deal with these brainy devils if they really are as ungodly as Cappy says they are.

Can't wait to see these go ripe bigT! You're doing an excellent job dude!

PepperLover said:
nice looking plants

patrick said:
Oh my.

Shame on you for making us wait so long between pics Tony. They are all looking fantastic! You need help picking pods let me know, be happy to help.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Silver_Surfer said:
Really lookin great bigt, that 7 Pot is gonna own you. :D Yeah, that Fatalii looks like it crawled in bed with a Hab. Should make for an interesting cross. :)

Thanks, I'm thinking the same thing. We'll see soon.

scoville said:
Beautiful looking plants Tony.I always thought Virginia had the perfect climate for growing tomatoes and peppers.I used to have bumper crops there!Keep up the good work.

Thanks T! No complaints about the weather from me now. Rain has come and gone and the last few weeks+ have been ideal.

Last pic for a while. This Dorset Naga has some serious node action going on. Very busy!
minipicture002.jpg

bigt said:
This Dorset Naga has some serious node action going on....

Hells yes it does!

I'm jealous of you northern growers. Mine are definitely slowing down on the mad growth and ripening up what they already have.

Very nice and very large selection of pods, BigT.

Get some little Futurama action figures under those Brain pods and you have yourself a very cool action scene! :P

Some updated plant pictures.

My two Cappy 7 Pot "Brain strain"
mini2009080117pot.jpg

Two of 4 Bhuts.
mini200908011bhutjoloki.jpg

Fatabanero plant just before harvest. It had over 20 ripe pods.
mini200908012fatabanero.jpg

Harvest included Brain Strain 7's, Fatabaneros, Chocolate Habs, Fataliis, Jamaican Scotch Bonnets and Red Savina Habs(in bowl on left)
croppick.jpg

more pics.....

Purple Tiger.
mini200908013purpletige.jpg

Manzano Red pod getting ripe. 3rd year plant.
mini200908015manzanored.jpg

Bih Jolokia. Going to harvest a bunch of these tomorrow.
mini200908016bihjolokia.jpg

Diamond White Bells (sweet) getting ripe.
mini200908019diamondwhi.jpg

more pics...

Wegmans Fresno plant. Bought a couple of peppers at Wegmans Supermarket in late April and seeds were planted directly outside in early May. 4 Plants, this is the biggest.
mini2009080110wegmansfr.jpg

Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet - seeds from Redwood City. 3rd year plant.
mini2009080111burkinaye.jpg

Fatalii.
mini2009080113fatalii.jpg

last pics....

Chocolate Habs.
mini2009080114chocolate.jpg

Biker Billy Jalapeno. My favorite jalapeno so far. This plant has done very well this year, many more pods than I was expecting. And consistently very hot.
mini2009080115bikerbill.jpg

Red Savina Habanero. I'm really starting to like this pepper. Good heat and decent flavor, the heat doesn't overpower it. Two plants making a ton of pods and just spreading like crazy. I'll grow it again next year, but just one.
mini2009080116redsavina.jpg

That's it for me for a while. Next update - September.

Great pics t. Looks like you are having a great season. Those brain strains plants look very cool.

Your fatalii looks exactly like mine...did you pic up those seeds from a member on here?

Beautiful plants bigt thanks for sharing them with us. It's going to be a very long August without an update from you. Take care my friend.

Thanks for the comments guys. I usually feel like I post too many pictures.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
It looks as if you have a lot more ripe pods than you picked yesterday. Plant are loaded with pods for this time of year. Great gardening Tony.:onfire:

Thanks Cappy, I certainly owe a lot of my success this year to you and a bunch to other THP members also. It was a big learning year for me. I'll be harvesting a bunch of Nagas and others this week.

PeteyPepper said:
Great pics t. Looks like you are having a great season. Those brain strains plants look very cool.

Your fatalii looks exactly like mine...did you pic up those seeds from a member on here?

I got Fatalii seeds from both scoville(January start) and Cappy(March start). The Fatalii pictured on the plate are from scoville, the plant pic is PRF. Both are doing great now. Beautiful pods for sure.

Back