• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics BigT plant pics

AlabamaJack said:
well, I suppose you could make a powder...but I don't know how you would hide the taste of it ;) ...the taste is one reason I am not growing them this year...I am reworking my flower beds in the front of the house and the wife said I could put some in "her" flower beds...they truly are gorgeous plants...

I'll find out soon if they are nasty or not. I grew Hawaii Sweet Hot last year and wasn't crazy about them, they were OK, but just kind of like a regular cayenne. But when I dried them and turned them into powder, their unique flavor really started to shine. In the case of the P. Tiger, if it's a bad flavor, then it may even be worse as a powder. I got the seeds from Neil (THSC) based on his description on his site. "This is my Favorite plant. Nice bite with a Pleasant Taste.. (Highly Recommended)" So I guess time will tell. If anyone else has thoughts on this, feel free to chime in.

The plants look like they're ready for takeoff. If the healthy foliage is a good indicator, you're going to be up to your ears and eyeballs in pods. Good work, Tony and nice pictures.

I'll be glad when they finally start selling ProMix in the Florida panhandle. What makes it so special anyway?

Bob_B said:
The plants look like they're ready for takeoff. If the healthy foliage is a good indicator, you're going to be up to your ears and eyeballs in pods. Good work, Tony and nice pictures.

I'll be glad when they finally start selling ProMix in the Florida panhandle. What makes it so special anyway?

I wish I learned of the forum before I bought all that miracle
grow! Once you put your hands in the Promix bag... you will know why!

Bob_B said:

Promix is simply just a loose, well drained sterilized soil-less mixture. Its very easy to make your own mixture, but the large bales are very convenient and here they are quite cheap $22. There are many other mixes that are just as good or better like Fafard and Lambert, and even some of the cheaper blends are good but often have a bit of "wood" in them

AlabamaJack said:
It could have been the growing environment mine were in...they were growin in 1 gallon containers and didn't get very tall...just remembered, I started a thread last year titled "prettiest pepper plant this year"...

here are what mine looked like...(no hijack intended Tony)

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=5638&highlight=purple+tiger

Very pretty plants in that thread AJ, but for some reason mine have definitely grown bigger. I had another(that I gave away) in a 1 gallon that was lagging and it just took off after in came out of the cup. Both are in that Pro-Mix/Pro-Moss combo with Tomato Tone and lime. It's 29 inches tall right now with a soil height of 10 inches. I just noticed your pics were from early May last year, so not really a fair comparo. How big did yours end up?

Bob_B said:

Thanks - read Potawies comments on the Pro-Mix. I think that Mycorise fungus that helps root growth has to have some positive effect as well. When I bought it, I was just trying to copy Cappy. :)

joeknowsjolokia said:
I wish I learned of the forum before I bought all that miracle
grow! Once you put your hands in the Promix bag... you will know why!

Amen.

peppermanbaha said:
what do u use to write on the pots. Is it whiteout.

those plants are monsters keep it up man

Thanks much. I use Mean Streak Markers. http://www.priceheist.com/product.php?co=SAN&number=85018 They work great on tires and windshields too.

its about time BIGT !

great looking plants Tony, im so jealous dude.

all my plants have gone to shit except a couple...

sighhhhh

all that hard work and now nothing but tears...

good job dude.... keep the pics flowing in this thread...

Hotpeppa said:
its about time BIGT !

great looking plants Tony, im so jealous dude.

all my plants have gone to shit except a couple...

sighhhhh

all that hard work and now nothing but tears...

good job dude.... keep the pics flowing in this thread...

I'm really sorry to hear that man. Baby the ones you have left. I had a fair amount of casualties myself, you're just seeing the success stories. I think we all learned a lot this year, next year will be smoother and better. More pics soon, now that the rain has somewhat abated, these guys want to grow.

Captain Murphy said:
Nothing short of inspiration BIGT.

Thanks!

Sweet BigT, I can see them growing from here...

Is that there finial placement or are you still moving them in and out...?

AJ... It could be that Texas Soil, it's awful strong..."-)

splitcane said:
Sweet BigT, I can see them growing from here...

Is that there finial placement or are you still moving them in and out...?

AJ... It could be that Texas Soil, it's awful strong..."-)

Yup, I'm leaving them in front of the garage. They get afternoon shade after 3PM and they cool off considerably, which helps since they are on asphalt all day. Keeps the pests away too, I just have to break out the soaker hose a lot as they get dry fairly quick, especially the 5 gallon and smaller pots.

...some fresh pics on the way.

My favorite plant. The Cappy 7 Pot "brain strain". In 7 gallon.
minipicture001.jpg

Brain pods coming in droves. I have another almost as big in a 5 gallon also doing great.
minipicture002.jpg

Some Sweet Diamond Bells. Got the seeds in a 20 cent pack at WalMart. LOL
minipicture003.jpg

My tallest plant. Bishops Crown. Seeds from Hippy. All the seeds I got from Neil have been great.
minipicture011.jpg

....more pics to follow

Biggest Fatalii so far. In a 5 gallon.
minipicture015.jpg

Some Fatalii pods. Do they look a little strange? Maybe they crossed. We'll see what color they are when ripe.
minipicture016.jpg

Dorset Naga in 7 gallon. Seeds from Hippy.
minipicture005.jpg

Dorset Naga pods.
minipicture004.jpg

...a few more

Some Red Savina Habanero pods.
minipicture008.jpg

Purple Tiger. This is turning into a sprawling bush. Very pretty, I need to take a picture in low light with flash.
minipicture009.jpg

Bih Jolokia spreading. I have some Bhuts and Dorsets not far behind. I'm going to be drying most of my Naga pods.
minipicture014.jpg

That's it for now, I need to get some ripe pods.

Nice 7 pod Tony! When I said you only need one plant I wasn't kidding. The pods are red hot steel and will burn and burn again. Good luck finding a way to consume all those pods, you should have enough to heat 1,000 pots of stew. Hope you like stew.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Nice 7 pod Tony! When I said you only need one plant I wasn't kidding. The pods are red hot steel and will burn and burn again. Good luck finding a way to consume all those pods, you should have enough to heat 1,000 pots of stew. Hope you like stew.

Haha, I hear you! I like stew, but maybe not that much. I'm waiting for that 1st one to get ripe and I'll report back.... if I'm able to.

Dude, your plants are looking beastly! That 7 pod looks very serious my friend, as do the rest of your plants. They're all podding up nicely. I hope my Cappy 7's get loaded like that. Hell, I've got 3 going, plus one at the neighbors! Looks like there may have to be some 7powder made to deal with these brainy devils if they really are as ungodly as Cappy says they are.

Can't wait to see these go ripe bigT! You're doing an excellent job dude!

Back