• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

aaaahahahahaha...

J-shore gets no love up in here.

They get the finger!

JayWow be cookin' burgers with rangs and doin' oven ribs wearin' a pink polo shirt with a popped collar.

I'll fist pump to that!

Daaang. I just read this entire thread. And its official... I need a smoker. Well, a new smoker. I've recieved 2 hand me down multi use smokers, that are both garbage! But I can't justify dropping tons of money on one.

TB, your USD is legit!

Anyone wanna make a penny and build me one?? :pray:

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch. Been a while since I began a new thread and just so happens that its time once again to get my bbq fix. Good 'que as ya'll know is better served up with some tasty blues and a cold adult beverage. This thread has only 3 rules for posting and they are simple..

1. Post pics of your bbq.

2. Post pics of the booze.

3. Post a photo, video, or soundclip of your blues.

I'll start it off right proper with the goin's on in The Blues Kitchen. While you're perusing the thread enjoy this clip of the late Sean Costello performing an unbelievable emotion filled cover of Otis Rush's Double Trouble.

Get your 'que on ya'll!

Just saw this. I met Sean at a blues fest in Sonora Cal. I got him the gig. He sang and played his ass off..extreme talent. Talking to him though later, he seemed troubled. His subsequent death was tragic.

heres some pics of a bbq pork n pork grub. sorry no blues video or pics except for the fact of the pics being blues for plateware & where I had to bbq it :lol: ....ND in pos trailer- smoker outside..sorry no pics of that.

bacon weave pork loin with bbq sauce, dry rub spice, an beer. rub was on loin then weaved with bacon and rub on bacon. the dry rub all those bottles were all mixed together so the same in each bottle, with hot chile powder mixed into them.

ya'all should try this pork rub & bacon weave on pork or venison & smoke it.....its killer!!!!!!!

100_7952.jpg

100_7961.jpg

100_7977.jpg

WIN!!!!!

How long did it take you to do all that weaving?!?!?!

I might have to try that with our turkey this Thanksgiving!!!!!! :D

How long did it take you to do all that weaving?!?!?!

I'd say it was a 1 or 2 beer project, depending how fast you drink :P
I thought it was gonna take alot longer than it did. since 1 strip wouldnt wrap all the way around the loin, I placed 2 strips inline & started weaving from the middle first then towards the ends.

another thing is just plain ol' grilling bacon strips, ya'all should try this too :drooling:
grilling bacon gives them a great flavor & a tad healthier since not cooked in its own grease. but watch out for flare ups.

I'm such a chickensh*t...I don't like getting splattered any more than I like flare ups, so I always nuke mine!!!!!

I know, I know...I should be hung!!!!! :rofl:

I recently found some smoked brown sugar....wouldn't that be fun on bacon strips(or weave!)?!?!?!

I hear yea on getting grease splattered, which I'm leary of too...I can handle it on skin but it doesnt take much for a random splatter to get your eye.
grilled bacon flare ups isnt that bad unless your gas grilling with fatty bacon close to flames. just keep distance from heat like smoking or dont buy real fattty bacon. theres times I was able to grill it right by the coals or times I've had to put the middle spacer in for my BBQ/smoker to get distance from the coals.

brown sugar sounds good!
another if you're into breakfast meats & sweet.....get some ground breakfast sausage (maybe other type would work also) brown it/cook in a cast iron skillet then when its done add REAL/pure maple syrup to it & cook it down so the sausage get carmelized with the maple syrup..........mmmmm mmmm good!!!

EYES?!?! Crap...hadn't even thought of THAT!
One time frying in a bathing suit cured me for life.

And of course the bbq is a gasser, sooooooo....

WAIT!!!!! I have a husband!!!! HE can do it!!!!!!!! :dance:

But I totally gotta try some of that weaving. I took a weaving class in school, and I thought my dad was going to shoot me! If I showed up with woven bacon, he'd beam with pride!!!!!! :rofl:

EYES?!?! Crap...hadn't even thought of THAT!
One time frying in a bathing suit cured me for life.

skin is the least of your worries for splatters,well aside from major burns.
IMO its eyes to worry about cuz doesnt take much to screw your vision up or loose it! & this also includes using household cleaning supplies while cleaning....I've had some close calls.... glasses for cooking (where splatter could happen)& safety glasses for cleaning! no joke.

WAIT!!!!! I have a husband!!!! HE can do it!!!!!!!! :dance:

yea get mikey...mikey will do anything...LOL

But I totally gotta try some of that weaving. I took a weaving class in school, and I thought my dad was going to shoot me! If I showed up with woven bacon, he'd beam with pride!!!!!! :rofl:

well your weaving in school is more detailed than bacon weaving LOL, just make sure you have enough bacon for whats being wrapped.

Back