• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Most definitely an impressive grow list, will be watching this glog. Beautiful looking land you have there in Indiana, loads of space … very nice :)

I hear ya on the aphids. My indoor grow got hit when aphids as well. Just transplanted all the aerogarden stuff in soil and let them all be. Some have manage. Some had died. Just can't risk seedlings. Will follow your glog and hope you as much success as your other one.

Merry Christmas, Bodeen!

I really enjoyed following last year's grow, and was impressed with the volume of canning you did. Looking forward to watching next year's grow unfold.

Best wishes in the New Year!

Currently I can only get online from work, so I can't post any pictures until January 11 when my new month starts. I should be starting my early peppers by then,

Happy New Years Everyone. May the best of your 2012 be the worst of your 2013!!!!

Lights are all working and the room is cleaned and ready to go for new sprouts!!!!

GowRoom1.jpg

GowRoom2.jpg

GowRoom4.jpg

GowRoom3.jpg

I still shoot aluminum lol. I figured I would have to resight it in if I switched to carbon and I have good luck with these in my hunting environment. Shoot, I still use a Wingmaster 12 gauge with 2 3/4 inch shells and just a bb front sight during firearms season.

I do it old school!!! LOL

Cool growroom looks like a showroom well organised, clean and ready to grow...

Good luck with the startup

Greg

Looking great. I'm (almost) envious of all that land you have. Will make for a huge plant-out. Great list and with all that space I'm sure the plants will become monsters in no time. The grow room looks well thought out and meticulously set up. Looking forward to seeing it occupied with seedlings.

It can get rough in May to get in on some stellar walleye fishing and get the garden all in. One of the reasons I don't convert more basically unused areas into garden spots. I don't want it to become a job, rather keep it a joy.

In other news.....I'm thinking about not growing potatoes this year. The price of a 100 pound bag is so cheap and that would also free up 3 more rows for peppers. I can't remember when potatoes weren't grown here though. Also looking to put out some kale this year and to start doing more herbs.

+1 Greg. Very nice grow room - efficient and easily adjustable lighting.
I still have some aluminum arrows, too, and some wood ones (fletched
by yours truly years ago)!
Talk about Old School. I still have bamboo fly rods, too! Carbon fiber is
very cool, but just doesn't have that organic 'feel' to me. Something
about hand-craftedtools just reaches me, I guess!

Good growin' and canning this season, Bo, Can't wait to see your gardens
full of plants. They were awesome last year!

Here is the almost final numbers for my planting of Supers this year.

7 Pot Brain Strain 3 plants
7 Pot Burgundy 3 plants
7 Pot Moruga 3 plants
7 Pot Chocolate 3 plants
7 Pot Red 3 plants
7 Pot Yellow 3 plants
7 Pot Chaguanas 1 Plant

TS Green 3 plants
TS Red 3 plants
TS Yellow 3 plants

The TS red and TS yellow might be too similar to the 7 Pot ones of the same color some these might get condensed. Still looking into the differences.

Douglah 3 plants
Red Douglah 3 plants

And once again, I am still looking into the differences of these and the Pot varieties to see if I really need to grow both kinds. Didn't grow what was called 7 Pot Chocolate last year, but I did the Douglah and it was a really nice plant with great pods.

Any insight is appreciated.

And once again, I am still looking into the differences of these and the Pot varieties to see if I really need to grow both kinds. Didn't grow what was called 7 Pot Chocolate last year, but I did the Douglah and it was a really nice plant with great pods.

Any insight is appreciated.

Last year I grew Douglahs from two different sources, they were quite different (Douglah A ≠ Douglah B). So even if the names are meant to stand for the same pepper (Douglah = 7 Pot Chocolate), you may as well grow what you have to see which you like best.

So what herbs do you usually grow, and what are you thinking of adding?

My herb bed is one of my favorite things in the summer!

Back