• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Can't wait to see this planted out in the garden, you have a ton of plants in the making. These plants look so small and innocent as seedlings, but they get to be enormous and produce tons of fruit. You'll have enough for the Indiana national guard before you know it.

Just put some 7 pot chocolates between a wet paper towel in a ziplock bag behind the wood stove. Little bit hesitant to do too many in case my plugs aren't here in time.

Excited to get going, even as the garden has 2 inches of snow on it. Of course, all this snow is good for the garden. Thought about shoveling some more on. Rain and 50 degrees on Tuesday next week. Sure hope this isn't the makings of another cold spring.

Time to get back to work....they frown on gardening on the job lol

Just put some 7 pot chocolates between a wet paper towel in a ziplock bag behind the wood stove. Little bit hesitant to do too many in case my plugs aren't here in time.

Excited to get going, even as the garden has 2 inches of snow on it. Of course, all this snow is good for the garden. Thought about shoveling some more on. Rain and 50 degrees on Tuesday next week. Sure hope this isn't the makings of another cold spring.

Time to get back to work....they frown on gardening on the job lol

Still waiting for some snow here........but not really. I'm glad the temps been running around zero. That helps kill most bugs and eggs that normally overwinter when we don't gat the hard frost. Good luck with your new starter plugs and the seed germination.

Still waiting for some snow here........but not really. I'm glad the temps been running around zero. That helps kill most bugs and eggs that normally overwinter when we don't gat the hard frost. Good luck with your new starter plugs and the seed germination.

Thank you. You should of been getting the snow we got as it was moving your way this morning.

Looking up the 7 pot chocolate and I find it is the same as my douglah. Pictures look just like it too. But just in case these aren't the douglah seeds that I got in a trade, I will plant three of my own seeds. Worse case scenario is I end up with a 6 pack of douglahs...I can think of worse things to happen in the pepper garden!!!

Jeff, great setup and can't wait to it in action. I have grown douglah's and had pods from Wayright that were 7 pod chocolate. The douglah's were much hotter , stockier, and bumpier. Flavor was different as well. Both were amazing though so I agree with the others on growing both. You got plenty of room :)

According to tracking, root riot should arrive tomorrow :)

After 3 days in the paper towel, the 7 pot brown is dropping a root. A little fast, hope the seed trade got me what it is advertised as lol.

Just checked my 2012 glog and it appears I will still be getting my supers planted a month sooner than last season. Then in two weeks I can plant the rest of the peppers and they will be two weeks ahead of last year. Then will come the maters.

Get a warmer spring and I should be rolling in peppers in no time.

I can rest easier now that I now I am not so far behind schedule!!!!

Just had the UPS guy stop by and got my 200 Root Riot plugs.

Much different seed hole on these for sure Bonnie.

Hope to get some seeds in the plugs tomorrow. Got my 72 seeds picked out and ready to go.

Rootriot.jpg

Got the super hot peppers planted this evening. Forgot to do the regular bhuts, so they will be a bit behind the other bhuts, but still ahead of last years' pace.

(3) 7 Pot Chocolate
(3) 7 Pot Brain Strain
(3) 7 Pot
(3) 7 Pot Yellow
(3) 7 Pot Burgundy

(3) TS Green
(3) TS Moruga
(3) TS
(3) TS Yellow

(3) Butch T
(3) Douglah Red
(3) Douglah
(2) Chaguanus
(2) Chaguanas Chocolate
(2) White Scorpion Tongue

(3) Bhut Yellow
(3) Bhut Chocolate
(3) Bhut Peach
(3) Bhut Assam
(3) Bhut Brown

(2) Habanero White
(2) Habanero Peach
(2) Habanero Chocolate
(2) Habanero Yellow
(2) Habanero Orange
(2) Habanero Red

(3) Jamaican Yellow Mushroom.

Not sure if the Habanero Yellows will come up. They didn't grow for me last year and I decided to give them a try this season, but its the same seeds, so I am not hopeful.

SuperHots.jpg

The [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Chaguanas Chocolate are probably chocolate habaneros. It was decided on here that the plants looked like Chaguanus and one turned out chocolate, so that is what I named them. Will see what comes up.[/background]

The 7 pot chocolates that I stuck in paper toweling behind the wood stove on the 24th had nice root to them when I stuck them in gently. See what kind of head start this gives them.

Thunderstorms in NW Indiana in January....should I be catching the rain water lol

Threw about 10 bhut seeds into some paper toweling and stuck it in a ziplock. Since my small grow table is made of metal, the top gets kind of warm from the 4 bulbs under the top. With a towel on top, it should act as a nice warming mat. At least that is my plans lol.

Jeff,
Those Root Riots are the bomb. The dude at the grow shop swears by them.
Have fun with your get go...looking forward to see how fast the superhots show face

Greg

Obvious question here, but how often do you mist these plugs while waiting on the seeds to pop. I am working with a top on my plugs and it is staying wet. I planned on just watching the top for dryness.

I don't want to over water, but then I want to fight helmet head as well. Thinking of moving plants out to another container without the top once they are helmet free. Plan on leaving the ones with a helmet under the cover to increase the humidity and perhaps get the helmets off easier and faster. I hate taking nippers to the case and trying to ease that helmet off.

For what it is worth, if the Root Riot plugs are like the Rapid Rooters, they drain incredibly well. It is virtually impossible to overwater them if you water from the top. I didn't mist, though. I just gently poured water on the top when they looked like they were beginning to dry.

Someone remind me when I get home to get some plugs set up for my Red Bhuts. Was suppose to do that after work yesterday and I forgot!!!

Got up this morning and checked on my babies. Had my first hook up. 7 pot chocolate that I put in the towel for a couple days prior to planting.

Didn't have time to take a pic and post it before work, but that will be the first thing I am doing when I get home this afternoon!!!

Back