• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Boy do I want a cigarette

Man, it's true that the addiction never leaves you. I was a smoker for 9 years, got to a pack and a half at one point, even caughed up blood on two occasions. I quit smoking, cold turkey (after trying so hard many times before, with the patch, the gum, everything) on December 24, 2003 and have only had a puff once after that.

In 5 years, I've still had to battle the cravings for a smoke. I was just sitting here at work and I though about how I used to carry a hard pack of smokes in my jeans or shirt pocket and them BAM! I now want a cigarette!

Of corse, I'm going to stay strong and not smoke. But boy, talk about screwing myself into a life long addiction battle. Sorry for the rant, had to vent.

Stay strong IGG, I don't know if I could quit if I wanted to.

So this makes me wonder.......How many here are smokers? I am.

gardenkiller said:
So this makes me wonder.......How many here are smokers? I am.

Never been a cigarette smoker. Used to smoke about an ounce of pot a week, but don't touch the stuff anymore....

And I am slowly starting to enjoy the wonderful world of cigars...

Good for you Iggy! That's such a hard addiction to kick, and 5 years seems to be a breaking point for a lot of people. Stick with it, you did the right thing.

some of the strongest, toughest people i know cannot quit smoking, you're already ahead of them. just don't smoke for this five minutes, then handle the next five minutes when it comes. it's only five minutes.

I quit smoking as of August 2007. I still get a craving now and again, but mostly they coincide when i feel a panic attack coming on. I expect the cravings stay with you once you have been a smoker.

Stay strong man. Load up on some cap. It helped me quit.

Just start boozing it up. it will help increase the craving. Come on get back on the team. Here i just lit one for ya........

wordwiz said:
Iggy,

Have sex. After you are done, roll over in bed and enjoy a ....

Wait, you are trying to quit!

Mike

LOL. Actually, I already quit...but now that I think of it, I quess in a way I am trying to quit b/c the addicition never leaves you.

I smoked from 16 to 19, then just quit. Strange thing was I didn't find it hard at all, and I smoked about a pack a day from 17 on. I used chewing tobacco a lot during that time too lol, f'ing baseball got me started on that. Quit that too.

Pot, my anti-cig.

So I guess you haven't tried American Spirit Cayenne?

Its an evil addiction. I've been smoking for about 20 years...can't stop. Each time I try I go weird (o.k weird-er) . After a day I seriously can't remember what I'm doing from one minute to the next ....after about 2 weeks of that I give up giving up.

Stay strong IGG - that stuff'll kill you.

Back