• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

British soldier rules!

Impressive it was but making it news worthy and giving a title to someone for killing someone else is a little over the top in my opinion.

That's fantastic...two less of them and saved his own. My only concern would be that the article has a little too much information. First of all I would not have wanted an article printed about me in the first place, second, noway would I want my home town printed also stating that I had a wife and kid. What's to stop those idiots from seeing the same article and taking revenge against the sniper's family.

While we are on the subject of snipers.. here is another one with a good aim.

16ba44m.png

"In temperatures between −40 and −20 degrees Celsius, dressed completely in white camouflage, Häyhä was credited with 505 confirmed kills of Soviet soldiers, 542 if unconfirmed deaths are included. The unofficial Finnish frontline figure from the battlefield of Kollaa places the number of Häyhä's sniper kills over 800. A daily account of the kills at Kollaa was conducted for the Finnish snipers. Besides his sniper kills, Häyhä was also credited with over two hundred kills with a Suomi KP/-31 submachine gun, thus bringing his credited kills to at least 705. Remarkably, all of Häyhä's kills were accomplished in fewer than 100 days with a very limited amount of daylight per day."

MrArboc said:

In rural Kentucky, we call this type of shooting;

Tuesday

Necrocannibal said:
Impressive it was but making it news worthy and giving a title to someone for killing someone else is a little over the top in my opinion.

I'm not sure why...and I mean no disrespect......but this statement amuses me coming from a person calling themselves "Necrocannibal"

Cheers!

MrArboc said:

great shooting!

Necrocannibal said:

yet our politicains are even worse & make the news everyday ;)

kaparen said:
While we are on the subject of snipers.. here is another one with a good aim.

16ba44m.png

"In temperatures between −40 and −20 degrees Celsius, dressed completely in white camouflage, Häyhä was credited with 505 confirmed kills of Soviet soldiers, 542 if unconfirmed deaths are included. The unofficial Finnish frontline figure from the battlefield of Kollaa places the number of Häyhä's sniper kills over 800. A daily account of the kills at Kollaa was conducted for the Finnish snipers. Besides his sniper kills, Häyhä was also credited with over two hundred kills with a Suomi KP/-31 submachine gun, thus bringing his credited kills to at least 705. Remarkably, all of Häyhä's kills were accomplished in fewer than 100 days with a very limited amount of daylight per day."

this is also impressive!

Wow, two at 1.5 miles. Before that, it was a Canadian with a single kill at 1.5 miles I believe. Either way, it's definitely some impressive shooting!

xgrafcorex said:
Wow, two at 1.5 miles. Before that, it was a Canadian with a single kill at 1.5 miles I believe. Either way, it's definitely some impressive shooting!

Yup, I didn't think that the Canadian dudes record would be broken for a long time.

Back