food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Taco Bum. Yes, new camera. Just the one on phone but new.

Lettuce never hurt anyone you nazis

cabb.gif

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Lettuce nazis.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

damm fine burger Sic. and nice debris on them fries too. hahahahhaa

I bet Geeme would call it "debris" for sure.

Haha, like many here, I can't stand lettuce on burgers or anything else really. Recently we have been experimenting with fresh chopped cabbage on tacos and stuff. It is pretty darn awesome. It is just and extra thing to pile onto my ridiculous tacos and burgers. Moved to NC a little while ago, had never had pimento cheese; been putting it on my burgers because it is amazing. They have a spicy variant with jalapenos, too!!!

Speaking of cheese for your burgers, how do you, and what kind of cheese can you blend peppers with? I tried melting some cheddar cheese and throwing in some minced habaneros but it never really solidified into a form I could slice and use. Velveeta works but that barely makes the cheese category. It's more like yellow grease. I've seen it done with bleu cheese but again, not my favorite cheese. What else can I use that will soften enough to mix but harden enough to slice as well?

Hawaiianero said:
Speaking of cheese for your burgers, how do you, and what kind of cheese can you blend peppers with? I tried melting some cheddar cheese and throwing in some minced habaneros but it never really solidified into a form I could slice and use. Velveeta works but that barely makes the cheese category. It's more like yellow grease. I've seen it done with bleu cheese but again, not my favorite cheese. What else can I use that will soften enough to mix but harden enough to slice as well?

For a semi-hard or hard cheese there is no such animal unless you start at the beginning and make your own cheese.

You can make fresh cheese with very little effort right on your stove top and blend your favorite chiles in with the curd.

Another option would be to make a chile con queso.

Check out Saving Queso in this same forum for a recipe.

Just make it on the heavy and thicker side and simply use it as a dip or pour it onto your burger.

JayT said:
I am getting ready to start a Save Lettuce thread.  Don't make me do it!

Hilarious man!

I don't mind a little lettuce on my burger, just as long as its put on right before its eaten. Soggy or mushy lettuce can ruin a good burger quick though

FYI to those that would eat it....

At In-N-Out you can order a Flying Dutchman.

That's your burger/cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce leaves in lieu of the bun.

Cray Cray.

texas blues said:
FYI to those that would eat it....

At In-N-Out you can order a Flying Dutchman.

That's your burger/cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce leaves in lieu of the bun.

Cray Cray.
No.

Just no.

Back