food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

The Hot Pepper said:
What's that sauce on the plate that looks like herb mayo?

Hey, I heard in Argentina, the beef is so good you can cook it well done and it's still amazing. So I heard.

Yes! Is mayo with olive. 

They say local meats are the best in the world. United States also have good meats as here, both countries are producers and exporters of meat. 

The times that I have traveled to other countries, knowing the taste of meat in other countries. hard, bitter and horrible!!!
JoynersHotPeppers said:
^^But then you lose the goodies boss, been there and done that! I go the other way and it is so good eat it like sushi!

You guys have 3 hours lunches for baby making time....who are you kidding? :)

Jaja... is not my case. I am organizing my garden and I take much time every day. 

Luckily I am the owner of my company and not have to meet schedules

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/47899-cypresshill1973-201415-glog-10th-season-as-grower/

So bow deer season started a couple of weeks ago up in Wisconsin (where my family is from and where my brother currently lives). Since my bro already took his first deer, I figured I better start making room in the freezer for some fresh meat. One item I had big plans for was my last pound of ground venison from last year. And what better use for delicious, wild, apple and acorn-fed deer meat could there be than sliders?
     I picked up this portable LP stove a couple of months ago for canning. I think it has like 60 or 70,000 btu, so it has more than enough cajones to heat up my lodge griddle and keep it slider-searing hot.

This is a shot right after I gently squished the meat blobs into some nice 500o bacon fat.
a48e98ba-b9a3-4ff3-b201-ab776bd0e40d_zps52c467f8.jpg

That lick of flame is the universe's way of saying "Fuck yeah, man!".
f0d5870a-0b4d-445a-adc9-131ed72d314d_zps4c0d6923.jpg

Here they are plated up on some hotdog buns (completely forgot to get appropriate buns from the store  :clap: ) topped with some so-fresh-they're-still-warm-from-the-sunshine mortgage lifter tomatoes. I had a hard time deciding if I liked the sliders or the side dish better. 
IMG_0162_zps03720e4a.jpg

Just kidding. The bambi fritters totally won.

I've been wondering what an artichoke bottom would taste like on a nice burger. So I went and bought one. Cooked it. Ate it. All except for the bottom (my favorite part). Then I cooked up some beef and bacon then added some pepperjack and a spicy bell pepper and built a burger i've been thinking about for a long while now. It turned out to be the best tasting burger I ever ate. I do suggest you try it at least once!

052_zps1c6bef05.jpg

053_zps1f305aa5.jpg

PEACE. LOVE. AND BURGERS BABY!

Looking good!  Nice char.  I am going to have to make me some critter burgers (as my mom would say)  I have some deer and elk meat that needs to be eaten.

I've been wondering what an artichoke bottom would taste like on a nice burger. So I went and bought one. Cooked it. Ate it. All except for the bottom (my favorite part). Then I cooked up some beef and bacon then added some pepperjack and a spicy bell pepper and built a burger i've been thinking about for a long while now. It turned out to be the best tasting burger I ever ate. I do suggest you try it at least once!

052_zps1c6bef05.jpg

053_zps1f305aa5.jpg

PEACE. LOVE. AND BURGERS BABY!

Mind describing the process of getting to the artichoke bottoms?

Would appreciate, I'm unfamiliar with preparing that veg at home ...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412138764.651025.jpg

lunch today ... just because i ran into some insane sesame buns the other day!

Artichoke hearts on a burger sounds good. I don't know what you mean by the bottoms, but I guess if you ate the leaves first, then cut the heart out... you left less to the actual heart, so you called it the bottom. Usually I just cut the hearts out, cut in half, de-choke, and sautee.

I can see flattening it for a burger. Did you? I imagine it is a bit reminiscent of avocado on a burger consistency-wise, and even flavor-wise... they are a bit like avocado and mushroom together, so good fit!

Also, love that char!

You know what was pretty kick ass on a burger... Cool little pub up in P-Town Mass. serves all kinds of burgers with awesome toppings.  One of which was lightly battered and fried avocado.  I wee bit o crunch and then the creamy warm avocado does its thing.

Husker21 said:

Sweet.  Nice site they have going on over there!

Can you vouch for their tacos?   :)

Si senor.

I've eaten there many times in Austin.

My favs are in no particular order....

The Dirty Sanchez

The Fried Avocado

And the Baja Shrimp Taco.

And further more...

Their Queso is dadgum good too!

It ain't traditional or even what you'd call real deal Tex-Mex but pretty dang awesome.

Torchy's is the sheeit!

Back