food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

texas blues said:
jajajajajaja...

You guys.

I'ma eat some lettuce and fart in y'all's general direction!

Lettuce know when to hold our breath. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
This poor thread....

For the love of GOD Chris would you please post a burger with no lettuce for these fools?

This lettuce 'thang is sucking the life out of me.

And Jay you sir can microwave your stinkin' lettuce!

Wait.

I have to admit I like Jay's grilled romaine in past posts.

TB hates lettuce because one time he was eating a BLT in front of the hottest girl in his high school, and the lettuce slipped out of the sandwich and landed on her upper thigh, which she mistook for him making an aggressive advancement, she slapped him across the face, and then boned down with his former best friend. 

Slut. 

And it's all lettuce's fault. 

True Story.

Hawaiianero said:
Speaking of cheese for your burgers, how do you, and what kind of cheese can you blend peppers with? I tried melting some cheddar cheese and throwing in some minced habaneros but it never really solidified into a form I could slice and use. Velveeta works but that barely makes the cheese category. It's more like yellow grease. I've seen it done with bleu cheese but again, not my favorite cheese. What else can I use that will soften enough to mix but harden enough to slice as well?

DUDE! I, as is typical during the evening, was wandering the interwebs this evening reading about different cooking methods and foods. After stumbling upon some interesting looking lebanese bread, I also stumbled upon something called labneh cheese. It seems super effing easy to make and it made me think of you wanting to add hot peppers to some cheese! I am going to do this on my day off Wednesday. Totally. Goddamn I love making food.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Labneh-Cheese
and another link. Scroll down, it has some seemingly easy cheese recipes. I need rennet tablets ahgg!

http://majnouna-travel.blogspot.com/2011/03/lebanese-recipes-basics.html

outlaw said:
***I tried to brush the lettuce off before the pic was taken, but it was already too late
Why?

That burger looks apmost perfect!

Shredded lettuce is the perfect sponge to hold all the saucinextp, Ranch, Mayo, Bleu Chizz, etc, etc,

JayT said:
and Scovie hates non toasted tortillas
Not entirely true.

Do I sound like a broken record when people DON'T toast them?

No.

But when I see them perfectly "burnt", I applaud like a fourteen year old girl at a NSYNC concert!

cypresshill1973 said:
That's INCREDIBLE!!!!!

randyp said:
      Trev that looks Great.  :P

Thanks guys!! It was one of the best burgers I've ever made. Super simple - smashed beef in cast iron, added blackening seasoning and some of romy6's smoked powder, bacon, cheese, lettuce, spicy mayo on a sesame seed bun

Scoville DeVille said:
Why?

That burger looks apmost perfect!

Shredded lettuce is the perfect sponge to hold all the saucinextp, Ranch, Mayo, Bleu Chizz, etc, etc,

Thanks Scovie! Haha I was just trying to be a smart a$$ after all the lettuce posts, it was a TB disclaimer :)

Lunch today... Burger!!!

2014-09-26%252013.49.11.jpg

Quiet, relaxed, in silece, hear birds singing, shaded by a willow tree, enjoying a beautiful afternoon, before starting to work in my garden.

Exist something better???

2014-09-26%252014.00.41.jpg

2014-09-26%252014.01.46.jpg

What's that sauce on the plate that looks like herb mayo?

Hey, I heard in Argentina, the beef is so good you can cook it well done and it's still amazing. So I heard.

Back