• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

Burgers for dinner here too. 

Beef burgers with rosemary, onion and seasoning.
Hickory smoked with cheese on the weber, and loaded with pickles, egg, pineapple lettuce, tomato and hot habanero sauce.  Some tasty cayenne dusted purple potatoes we grew, cut into thin wedges and baked…  So full right now.  

[/URL]">http://

sicman said:

This is what I want.  Big boom, you are my kangaroo pimp that i want to sicman. I want to "sicman" that hot  little bbq. Im wanting to abuse your grill is what im saying. You got a spare closet?

Heaps!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Gettin' good use of that vintage kettle!

Just picked up a used and abused blue one from 1986, love em

texas blues said:
I sooo want that damn stinkin' Aussie Boom's burger press.

Cheers!!! the thing is great, a novelty, but use it a lot

man i get called a bastige a lot

grantmichaels said:
Oh yeah ...
Wort Derp PLF burger ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427867792.018571.jpg

I can't describe because I need to load the fermentor in a minute, but it was great ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427867804.669518.jpg

that montemore cheese is dope, schmelted ...

tonight i lifted the burger out for a sec to use the tasty brown butter w/ beef and pepper flavor as the bun barrier, w/ Searzall, of course ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868078.433510.jpg

butter build up was ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868106.517976.jpg

hit the top w/ laddled butter and Searzall ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868135.690452.jpg

do not dry ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868159.458045.jpg

or these ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868172.821230.jpg

fire up the Sz ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868206.079386.jpg

get in there ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868221.040748.jpg

cooked to JayT's spec, by the time the photo shoot ended ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868260.444231.jpg

these patties rock ...

JayT approves of this message!
TB now I am going to have to come visit you again.  I am thinking of all the cool stuff we can do with that flat top!  Hookers n blow at night, then pancakes and sausage and bacon, then burgers n steaks.  Woot!

Lol nice, looks i'm off that bandwagon for a while too. New job I just landed does frequent drug testing. DISA tests instead of NIDA. Not sure how often i'm going to get randomed yet but they suck if you get popped on one. I keep a bottle of synthetic piss but as long as that place has been making me wait in the lobby I'll be hard pressed to keep it up to temp. First time I was there it was a 3.5 hour wait before they saw me. Then it turned out they didn't have the paper work for a DISA and made me do the whole physical, face mask fit test, breathalyzer,  hearing ect while they tried to get a hold of my company to try and get it. Ended up dropping a NIDA test at the end my bladder hurt so damn bad. Then they called other day and I had to go in to redo the piss test for the DISA like they wanted. Another 1.5hour wait in the lobby yesterday. That place sucks. 

Back