• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg


Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg



So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!
 

grantmichaels

Extreme Member
 
Y'all know me.
 
 
I just can't help it.
 
I'm an opinionated old bastige.
 
I often think that I should be taken to the vet and have me put down.
 
But then who'd provide the comedy?


If you leave ...

I'll write Come Back TB threads for months - literally ...
 
The TB is the bestest friend I have evern had in these here forums and he is even better in real life.  People come and go from this place, but every now and then you meet a real life icon and I was lucky enough to break bread, smash beer cans and trash this dudes grill.  I hope we have many many more years of beatin' each other up on this here forum.  Now go make me some Tofurky ya bastige.
 
JayT said:
The TB is the bestest friend I have evern had in these here forums and he is even better in real life.  People come and go from this place, but every now and then you meet a real life icon and I was lucky enough to break bread, smash beer cans and trash this dudes grill.  I hope we have many many more years of beatin' each other up on this here forum.  Now go make me some Tofurky ya bastige.
 
YOU are such a suck up!
 
I'll wash missylou's bowl out for you when you're ready amigo.
 
I didn't want you feeling like we were beating you up and going all Scovie on us and running out of here.  I'm not eating out of that bowl!  You eat out of it!
 

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
HAHAHAHA JayT!!! Slinging some mud at TB and then washing it off for him, you sir are now deemed a Chinese penitentiary shower assistant! Don't drop the soap TB!!!
 
The Hot Pepper said:
HAHAHAHA JayT!!! Slinging some mud at TB and then washing it off for him, you sir are now deemed a Chinese penitentiary shower assistant! Don't drop the soap TB!!!
 
"penitentiary shower assistant"
 
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 
 
Now THAT'S comedy!
 
And Jay, no.
 
You, me, THP, Siccy, et.al. always post sheeit at each other.
 
That's the fun.
 
Just like I like to be giving crap to all those stinkin' Aussie bastige's.
 
Love those guy's.
 
Even if they're all bastiges.
 
As dear old pop's once said....
 
"It's not wether or not they say good or bad about you...
 
...it's wether they say any thing at all."
 
Siccy?  Who the hell is that?  Last I heard of him he was looking for some lost turtle.

I forgot to mention earlier, when I was making these burgers, I put some bbq sauce and a bunch of McCormick's Maple BBQ Rub in there.  It makes a nice crust and give the meat a nice sweet flavor.  First time I made them this way and it was good.
 
texas blues said:
 
"penitentiary shower assistant"
 
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
 
Now THAT'S comedy!
 
And Jay, no.
 
You, me, THP, Siccy, et.al. always post sheeit at each other.
 
That's the fun.
 
Just like I like to be giving crap to all those stinkin' Aussie bastige's.
 
Love those guy's.
 
Even if they're all bastiges.
 
As dear old pop's once said....
 
"It's not wether or not they say good or bad about you...
 
...it's wether they say any thing at all."
Lol… :rofl: 
 
 
 
wait… what?  :shocked:
 
Top