• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

I went to "Smoke & Pickles" yesterday for dinner after seeing glowing reviews on Groogle. The place was small and only had one table occupied when I got there at 6:30pm which wasn't reassuring.

I got the BBQ Bacon burger. 
FYaJONV.jpg

Stacked! (Nuggets in back) Their CHANGZ branded Trinidad Yellow hot sauce was tasty, but unfortunately lacked any actual Trinidad Yellow flavour, it was 4/10 for heat.
4pWrfks.jpg

They make their own Pickled Smoked Jalapenos in house, unfortunately these weren't available to purchase. 
C62VAS2.jpg

Probably the best burger I've ever had, I was not disappointed. By the time I left, there wasn't a spare seat available, they even had people coming in constantly for take-away. I will definitely be back to this joint.

SR.

Shorerider said:
I went to "Smoke & Pickles" yesterday for dinner after seeing glowing reviews on Groogle. The place was small and only had one table occupied when I got there at 6:30pm which wasn't reassuring.

I got the BBQ Bacon burger. 
FYaJONV.jpg

Stacked! (Nuggets in back) Their CHANGZ branded Trinidad Yellow hot sauce was tasty, but unfortunately lacked any actual Trinidad Yellow flavour, it was 4/10 for heat.
4pWrfks.jpg

They make their own Pickled Smoked Jalapenos in house, unfortunately these weren't available to purchase. 
C62VAS2.jpg

Probably the best burger I've ever had, I was not disappointed. By the time I left, there wasn't a spare seat available, they even had people coming in constantly for take-away. I will definitely be back to this joint.

SR.
:think:
I see no beets, the pic isn't even upside down  :doh: and everything isn't on  :fire:

i call baloney  :liar:  :rofl:

that is a tasty lookin stacked burger though  :drooling:

:cheers: mate 

Holy mother of chingon!

RG is killin' it.

Scheezy AF!

Except for that dirty thumbnail.

In the last pic.

Ashen.

That first pic.

Like a bull dog eating mayonnaise. 

And wettern' a shampoo'd water buffalo.

That burger makes me want to roll around.

In it like a dog in the back yard.

Both y'all's kung fu is kickin' ass.

Some of the bestest sheeit I've seen.

Ever posted in this thread.

You vatos are like.

Cheeseburger Overlords.

I bow down before y'all.

Now.

Jump back and kiss yo' selfs.

Two times!

I saw that too but it's growing season and my hands were clean. 

WTF do they grow so fast to begin with? It seems the older I get, my beard and nails grow like my hair used to. :confused:  :think:  

Dear sweet ma and Ken.

They're both in their 80's.

They love Freddy's.

So does my sister and her husband.

They like to drag me along.

Sometimes.

To the one in Cedar Park.

Just west and south.

Of Georgetown TX,

Its damn goodern hell.

But don't take my word for it....

We just love burgers.

I've had a big jones on.

For a Whataburger Patty Melt.

But do to the situation.

I decided to make my own.

Is it a sandwich?

Is it a burger?

Y'all decide.

I'm posting it here any how.

Black Betty some onions.

IMG_2326.JPG

Throw down some HEB 12 grain bread.

In butter.

Traditional patty melt is on rye.

But we're in Texas so...

IMG_2328.JPG

Smash some 80/20 chuck.

IMG_2329.JPG

Takes about 30 seconds.

And flip it.

Just look at that crust!

IMG_2330.JPG

Now lay it down on the bread.

I failed to include a pic of the blue cheese crumbles.

On the lower piece of bread.

Smack down the onions on top.

And add some thin sliced grilled red xalapas.

From my dear sweet ma's garden.

Throw down some swiss on the other side.

IMG_2331.JPG

Look at it.

I said.

LOOK AT IT!

IMG_2332.JPG

Cut it open.

IMG_2333.JPG

Eat it like its date night.

IMG_2335.JPG

You want this.

IMG_2336.jpg

Patty melt.

Have mercy!

texas blues said:
I've had a big jones on.

For a Whataburger Patty Melt.

But do to the situation.

I decided to make my own.

Is it a sandwich?

Is it a burger?

Y'all decide.

I'm posting it here any how.

Black Betty some onions.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2326.JPG

Throw down some HEB 12 grain bread.

In butter.

Traditional patty melt is on rye.

But we're in Texas so...

attachicon.gif
IMG_2328.JPG

Smash some 80/20 chuck.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2329.JPG

Takes about 30 seconds.

And flip it.

Just look at that crust!

attachicon.gif
IMG_2330.JPG

Now lay it down on the bread.

I failed to include a pic of the blue cheese crumbles.

On the lower piece of bread.

Smack down the onions on top.

And add some thin sliced grilled red xalapas.

From my dear sweet ma's garden.

Throw down some swiss on the other side.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2331.JPG

Look at it.

I said.

LOOK AT IT!

attachicon.gif
IMG_2332.JPG

Cut it open.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2333.JPG

Eat it like its date night.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2335.JPG

You want this.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2336.jpg

Patty melt.

Have mercy!

yesss this looks wonderful, now I have Sundays dinner and I have fresh pickled peppers to add. Thanks guys  :lol:  :mouthonfire:

I had to do it again.

Onliest this time.

It was straight blue scheeze crumbles.

And bread and butter xalapas.

Y'all know how I roll.

IMG_2337.JPG

Gotta' have beef and onions.

IMG_2339.JPG

Blue scheeze goodnessess.

IMG_2340.JPG

Cutting this open.

The smell of it.

I swear.

My next door neighbors dog went into heat.

IMG_2342.JPG

Da' kine supa' ono!

IMG_2344.JPG

I love to be loving cheeseburgers.

Smashed style.

With a toasted squishy bun.

But.

Have mercy in a wheelchair!

The Patty Melt Army.

Join it!

Back