• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

ChileRelleno said:
I haven't posted a burger in awhile...

1/2LB Hand formed Patty of ground 50/50 Chuck and Brisket.
1/4lb of Habanero Cheese
Chiles Toreados de Jalapenos
Lettuce, Tomato and Onion slathered in Habanero Sauce
Mayonnaise
All on a Toasted Sesame Seed Bun

With French Fries of course.

brPv8Dc.jpg

v3jPz6N.jpg

0Ka7x16.jpg

eRoMjva.jpg

M8EOngv.jpg
I like but too well done for my preference.

Elpicante said:
I like but too well done for my preference.

I am with you on that but unless I am grinding the meat myself or get a butcher to grind it fresh ,I want a thick patty like that to be at least 155 f. E coli really is a nasty bug.

One of the reasons that I have switched to multiple thin smash burger patties instead of a thick handformed patty with ground beef I am not certain about.

Other more important reason is they have such good seared flavour , and still are juicy even though cooked higher than 155 f

Yep, get a nasty case of E coli and its Well Done ever after for store bought ground beef.
Even if it's custom ground chuck/brisket...  I need to buy a grinder, then I'll eat it cooked Medium.

Ashen said:
I am with you on that but unless I am grinding the meat myself or get a butcher to grind it fresh ,I want a thick patty like that to be at least 155 f. E coli really is a nasty bug.

One of the reasons that I have switched to multiple thin smash burger patties instead of a thick handformed patty with ground beef I am not certain about.

Other more important reason is they have such good seared flavour , and still are juicy even though cooked higher than 155 f

Smashed burger.

Is best burger.

Smash the one you're with.

Pork smash burger tonight.

With pork I add some flavour to the meat before cooking as it can take it imo.

gochujang paste ,crystal hot sauce, whole whack of finely minced fresh garlic, lots of fresh cracked black pepper .

Salt just before smash though so you don't get that sausage Patty texture.

The tomato salad beside it is this killer hybrid Greek /panzanella salad situation my wife makes. Basically panzanella with feta and dried Greek oregano in the dressing .

CzErRAU.jpg

Have mercy.

I need a cheeseburger!

I'll have a Dick's Deluxe por favor.

Years ago when I lived in Seattle Dick's was my go to cheeseburger.

It rocked harder than penitentiary steel!

Back