• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat ButchT is the hottest

Most do not consider the Scorpion-BT to really be that flavorful. I find other scorpion types to have a far better flavor but the Butch T is definitely the hottest
POTAWIE, I think the flavor really doesn't set in till the 3rd pod, then it's like magic, the burn stops, endorphins kick in and it's
like a fruitful mind expanding experience! Sadly, very few ever get to the 3rd pod, & can only dream of the experience awaiting them.

Is the ButchT Jonah hotter than the Jonah, or are they the same thing? I don't know much about the variences in those strains...
Interesting story about the 7 Pot "Jonah", Allen Boatman received the seeds from a friend from Trinidad, Jonah. Jonah
went to visit relatives in Trinidad and came back with the seeds which he shared with Allen who then shared them with me. Allen asked
me to distinguish this strain of 7 Pot by adding "Jonah" to the name, which I did. That same year was a devastating year for peppers on
Florida's western coast, Allen & Jonah both lost thier crops & seeds. My Mississippi plants grew well and I was able to regift the seed back
to Allen and Jonah thereby keeping the strain going, sometimes the pepper Gods work in mysterious way's! I always put "Butch T" on my packets
so y'all would know who's was who's!

93.7 Walton and Johnson in Houston was just talking about it imagine that... kudos
I wasn't listening when they talked about it, (on 98.1 the Tiger here in Baton Rouge), but I did send them a email! It's crazy to run across another 10%er on this forum!

That was pretty cool man! I know how ya feel...I have lost a few different types this year and would LOVE to get the seeds back. lol There's always next year.

I chucked a dried scorp in some lime juice to rehydrate last night, can't wait to try it when i get home. :mouthonfire:

I chucked a dried scorp in some lime juice to rehydrate last night, can't wait to try it when i get home. :mouthonfire:

Enjoy!! I ate a dried one, chewed on it for a minute and washed it down with water, but what do I care if water makes it burn more!? :hell: :hell:
Was great fun, good taste but not nearly as good as it would be fresh :)

I'm up to 4 today from Nova!

Photo-0193.jpg

I wasn't listening when they talked about it, (on 98.1 the Tiger here in Baton Rouge), but I did send them a email! It's crazy to run across another 10%er on this forum!

Yea that's crazy 10%er for life, says a lot about ones character and good to know we're out there!

They are bloody hot, Neil sent me some the other day and even a little bit in a bowl of chicken soup wooped my ass.
I reckon on average they are over a mill easy.

But, just think, the pods that weren't tested could have been a lot hotter than the ones that were tested. Just how many pods should really be used as a test base anyway, 10, 15, 20, more?

Alan

There's always money in the "new hottest" ... its political. But when you get that high in heat levels its all relative and what comes into play, and what (to me) becomes important is the flavor of the pepper.

I think trini scorps have a better flavor than the bhut, personal preference :hell:

Nicole

I think that the biggest point that everyone is missing is that Neil and Marcel have got morals,ethics, what eva you want to call it. They could so easily have changed the name to whateva they liked (trindad viper oh wait thats been taken)and no-one would have been any the wiser but they didnt they left it as the ButchT and I say good on em.

Back