• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cappy's Capsicum 2011

Starting to get harvests about every week and here is a pic of the crop for the morning of July 5th. All I can do to keep up with the picking had my youngest daughter out helping me today. Got these picked today because we are expecting some much needed rain later this week. A close-up shot of the Chocolate Scorpions with nice shape, these are a lot like the ButchT in that only a percentage actually have stingers but pretty when they do. More pics of the pods coming in the THP marketplace this afternoon. :mouthonfire:
IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

Awesome harvest Cappy, how about some overall plant shots. From the video they are looking massive. I just want some upclose shots please :lol:

Close up of the Yellow 7 Pods for size and the Chocolate Scorpion showing some tail. Weighed some Yellow 7 that were close to 20 grams each today. Thank you THP. :onfire:
IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

The pods look fantastic. Nice size haul. Funny little video you guys made. Your plants look great.

Hey Cappy,

Great pics as usual - you're presentation efforts are unparalleled. How are those Yellow 7 Pods for heat and flavor? I've said it before, I think the Brain Strains are basically inedible except in the smallest sliver. I'm growing Yellow Scorpions for the 1st time this year and my hope is they'll be on the level of a Bhut or less.

Looking impressive as always Cappy. You ever weigh your total harvest? See how many pounds you end up with at the end of a season?

Hope your weather works with you.

Hey Cappy,

Great pics as usual - you're presentation efforts are unparalleled. How are those Yellow 7 Pods for heat and flavor? I've said it before, I think the Brain Strains are basically inedible except in the smallest sliver. I'm growing Yellow Scorpions for the 1st time this year and my hope is they'll be on the level of a Bhut or less.

The Yellow 7's remind me of a thick walled blocky Fatalii, lots of heat and flavor with some huge pods. The yellow Scorpion CARDI I grew last season had barely any heat and zero flavor, not growing them again. I'm letting the Brain Strain 7 Pod speak for itself in the heat category.

Looking impressive as always Cappy. You ever weigh your total harvest? See how many pounds you end up with at the end of a season?

Hope your weather works with you.

Never kept a running tally of total pods as so much is based on your seasonal weather your having that year. I don't run out of pods always have some dehydrated or in the freezer or in hot sauces so no worries about how much. :P

Back