• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn 2014

Here we go again.  Seems like it was only yesterday.  I've recieved a lot of pods and seeds from great folks here.  THP and those folks are awesome!   I'll be growing most all of them as well as an order I just placed yesterday with Semillas.

I will seriously have to alter my logistics and layout to grow everything and keep it as asthetic but affordable as possible.  Big problems;  I need to trim my front yard trees to get more morning and mid day sun in the back.  I really need to haul in new soil.  Hello wheelbarrow and backpain.  My city is currently in a stage 2 drought restrictions (once a week watering).  I usually water with drip irrigation everyother day until summer forces me to each day.  Barrel collection (which I've been tinkering with for a while) will have to happen.

Here is my list in no particular order.  Seeds and or Fresh pods from; Pepperlover/ Judy, GAGrowhead/Jason, Windchicken/Gary, Sawyer/John, Spicegeist/Charles  Meatfreak/ Stefan, PIC 1/ Greg  Thanks to all!                  
                                                                                               Transplanted to 3x3's;
 ​
Butch T Scorpion /Me
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise/Jason
Peach Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Sepia Serpent/Jason
Bhut Orange Copenhagen/Jason
Peach Habanero/Judy
7 Pot Not Red (Yellow) Barrackpore/Me
White Devil's Tongue/Jason
NagaBrain F3/Gary
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Congo Black/Judy
White Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Bonda ma Jaques X Yellow 7 Pot/Gary-Charles
Brain Strain/Judy
Datil/Jason
Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Bubble Gum 7 Pot #1/Jason
Yellow Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Yellow Bhut Jolokia/Judy
7 Pot Chiguanas/Judy
Texas Pequin F2/Gary-Brian
7 Pot Jonah/Judy
Brown Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Elysium Oxide Bonnet F4/ Me
Tepin X 7 Pot/Charles
MOA Scotch Bonnet/John
7 Pot Burgundy/John
7 Pot Barrackpore/Me
Jigsaw/John
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Cumari do Para/Me
Giant Yellow Brainstrain/Judy
Carolina Reaper/John
Funky Reaper/John
7 Pot Brown/John
Douglah/Me
Chintexle/Charles
Donne Sali/Charles
TFM Scotch Bonnet/Jason
Tepin X Quintisho F1/ Me
Mini-Mini X Purple Flash F1/ Me
Trinidad Chocolate Bonnet/Jason
Trinidad Cherries/Jason
Tepin/Me
Quintisho/Me
Giant White Hab/ Jason
Espelette Basque/ Me
Green Habanero
CGN 23255
Brown Bhutlah
Brown Rocoto
Sara's Green
El Oro de Ecuador
Jalapeno Jalastar
Habanero Naranja Picante
CAP 217 Rocoto
Jalapeno Goliath
Lota Bih
Chiclayo
Jalapeno El Jefe
Yellow Bhut SG
Naga Suomi
Madballs 7 Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Yellow Infinity
St. Martins Red Hab
Miss. St. Butch T
Madballs 7 Chocolate
Och Rios Scotch Bonnet
Numex 6-4
Armageddon
MOA Red
Spanish Naga Morich
Lumbre
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
White Fatalii
UBSC
 ​

Have a great day people!

Devv said:
Good to see the ladies coming on Mike!

This has certainly been a different year weather wise. It may have slowed us down at the start but we're still a bit cooler than the norm. I can live with that!

Have a great weekend!
Thanks Scott!  I wish they would have taken off a little sooner but I'm still happy that pods are setting before the major heat arrives.

maximumcapsicum said:
Great update. The lisa is particularly striking, as is the trinidad scotch bonnet from Jason. I got one of those growin in my beds too... I hope it looks like yours.

Happy growin'!
Thanks Adam!  Yes it is and Stefan can be proud of that.  Can't wait to see the pods like he showed me from the F1 hopefully.  The Chocolate bonnet pod has gotten bigger!  Another plant has several pods but not as cool as that one.  Good luck with yours!  Your season is doing very well!

GA Growhead said:
Yeah Mike! Looking good!
Thanks Jason!  The plants I look forward to the most have all been slow to take off but they are going well now.  Hopefully some pods will set before our major heat shows up.  The BOC , BBG7's, and the Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp.

Spicegeist said:

Nice little pod...

Very interesting little insect too.
Thanks Charles!  The Lota Bih is looking real well.  Still no pods set yet.  Bhuts are great all around.

meatfreak said:
Plants have recovered nicely, Mike :) Funny to see your #3 has all white flowers as mine has a little purple on them, still no pods. Your Bonnet has recovered well also, starting to flower soon. The other 2 are a bit small so I pinch of the buds till they grow bigger first.

The #2 plant (green) has some pods on it now.  Some of the #3 flowers have the tiny faint purple lines down the middle of the petal backside.  Some are plain white.
windchicken said:
Your plants are as beautiful as always Mike, as is your stunning photography…Thanks for posting!

Your Texas Pequins are a few weeks ahead of mine, and looking really pretty…Mine are still in containers, waiting on me to build the final row... :confused:
Thanks Gary!  I think most of my plants are behind yours and everybody else in the south.  Playing catch up and beat the heat!  Your NagaBrain beds are lore and legend for future generations of THP!

Father's day weekend update;

A look at my west group of plants.  Maybe 50 - 60 total here.  No drip irrigation here yet but they are doing well.

Lota bih a C. frutescens from Charles

MOA from John.  Glad these are all looking well now.  Taste day is on the horizon!

Ocho Rios Scotch Bonnet from Greg.  Never too many scotch bonnets!

Pimenta Lisa F2 #2 from Stefan.  I sure hope some of these end up looking like the F1's!

Jalastar Jalapenos from Stefan.

Elysium Oxide Bonnets

Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet from seeds of fresh pods by Judy

Reaper ( Carolina ?) from John

Maybe some more later.

Great Day folks, Mike

The westside is looking good, Mike  :clap: Those Jalastar look huge already! The pods on my Lisa have started to get black once they grow bigger, same as last year. The green pheno plant has pods now to but to small to tell what's it gonna be. Have a great Fathers day!

meatfreak said:
The westside is looking good, Mike  :clap: Those Jalastar look huge already! The pods on my Lisa have started to get black once they grow bigger, same as last year. The green pheno plant has pods now to but to small to tell what's it gonna be. Have a great Fathers day!
Thanks Stefan!  It's loading up pretty good now (container plant).  My raised bed plants started off well but have slowed some and show deficiency.  My green pheno P. Lisa pods are starting to show some mild dark coloration.  Pic next time.

Devv said:
Everything is looking just fine north of me!

Most excellent looking plants Mike! The weather sure has been great this year so far!

Have a great weekend!
The weather has been great, Thanks Scott!  Hope your Father's day was excellant!

GA Growhead said:
Happy Father's day!
Thanks Jason! 

Devv said:
Happy Fathers Day Dad!
Thanks Scott!

Spicegeist said:

The leaves on this are looking good... I hope it grows true for you...
Thanks Charles, I'm sure it will!  Got a Yellow Bhut pic for ya.
It's still filling out but looks great!

Peach Bhut from Judy's fresh pods

Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion from Jason

Funky Reaper from John

Habanero Naranja Picante from Semillas

EOB

Have a great week everybody!

Mike

chile_freak said:
Habanero Naranja, ha ha, fancy way of saying orange hab I love it!
Whatever Peter chooses to call his peppers is good for me!

OCD Chilehead said:
Looking good Mike. Nice pics as usual. That's going to be one tasty Yellow Bhut.
Thank you OC!  I'm looking forward to it!

I guess my images are not allowed again!  I find that so frustrating! :shame:

Mike
Once again I try.

Garden Berry Litchi tomato.  Looks like I'll be tasting this soon.

Edrine Purple egg plant

Chiclayo from Semillas

NagaBrain

This happy plant in my new raised bed is supposed to be MOA but I believe it's not.  Have several MOA's making good so this is bonus prize!  Maybe Reaper or Jigsaw from John

Several pages back I mentioned that I would not post any dragonfly pics unless they were something new that I had not shown before, or if they were doing circus tricks for me.  The Blue Dancer is one that likes to put on a show.  Today there were several male and females having fun.  Here's a female with my daughter a couple inches behind. and I'm around 8 inches to the front.  Comfortably numb!  I'll post a few more bugs after the bump.

Thanks for looking!  Mike

Fantastic pics, Mike, yours and your daughter's both. 

That Funky Reaper looks about half-way between what they looked like last year and a true Reaper.  No real reason to have expected it to maintain phenotype, I guess.  Though I think Scott's version looks closer what is expected.

My MoAs last year were located not all that far from a Jigsaw.  Maybe you have an MoA Jigsaw cross.  Can't tell for sure, but that larger pod looks a lot like my Jigsaws looked last year.

Beautiful pics brotha! And you must let us know the flavor on the habanero naranja, I have had orange habs that were sweet fruity and beautifully hot and I've had orange habs that tasted like hot trash! I've not had that many mediocre funny enough, but plenty of really good and plenty of really bad! Cheers and best of luck!

Back