• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn 2014

Here we go again.  Seems like it was only yesterday.  I've recieved a lot of pods and seeds from great folks here.  THP and those folks are awesome!   I'll be growing most all of them as well as an order I just placed yesterday with Semillas.

I will seriously have to alter my logistics and layout to grow everything and keep it as asthetic but affordable as possible.  Big problems;  I need to trim my front yard trees to get more morning and mid day sun in the back.  I really need to haul in new soil.  Hello wheelbarrow and backpain.  My city is currently in a stage 2 drought restrictions (once a week watering).  I usually water with drip irrigation everyother day until summer forces me to each day.  Barrel collection (which I've been tinkering with for a while) will have to happen.

Here is my list in no particular order.  Seeds and or Fresh pods from; Pepperlover/ Judy, GAGrowhead/Jason, Windchicken/Gary, Sawyer/John, Spicegeist/Charles  Meatfreak/ Stefan, PIC 1/ Greg  Thanks to all!                  
                                                                                               Transplanted to 3x3's;
 ​
Butch T Scorpion /Me
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise/Jason
Peach Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Sepia Serpent/Jason
Bhut Orange Copenhagen/Jason
Peach Habanero/Judy
7 Pot Not Red (Yellow) Barrackpore/Me
White Devil's Tongue/Jason
NagaBrain F3/Gary
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Congo Black/Judy
White Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Bonda ma Jaques X Yellow 7 Pot/Gary-Charles
Brain Strain/Judy
Datil/Jason
Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Bubble Gum 7 Pot #1/Jason
Yellow Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Yellow Bhut Jolokia/Judy
7 Pot Chiguanas/Judy
Texas Pequin F2/Gary-Brian
7 Pot Jonah/Judy
Brown Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Elysium Oxide Bonnet F4/ Me
Tepin X 7 Pot/Charles
MOA Scotch Bonnet/John
7 Pot Burgundy/John
7 Pot Barrackpore/Me
Jigsaw/John
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Cumari do Para/Me
Giant Yellow Brainstrain/Judy
Carolina Reaper/John
Funky Reaper/John
7 Pot Brown/John
Douglah/Me
Chintexle/Charles
Donne Sali/Charles
TFM Scotch Bonnet/Jason
Tepin X Quintisho F1/ Me
Mini-Mini X Purple Flash F1/ Me
Trinidad Chocolate Bonnet/Jason
Trinidad Cherries/Jason
Tepin/Me
Quintisho/Me
Giant White Hab/ Jason
Espelette Basque/ Me
Green Habanero
CGN 23255
Brown Bhutlah
Brown Rocoto
Sara's Green
El Oro de Ecuador
Jalapeno Jalastar
Habanero Naranja Picante
CAP 217 Rocoto
Jalapeno Goliath
Lota Bih
Chiclayo
Jalapeno El Jefe
Yellow Bhut SG
Naga Suomi
Madballs 7 Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Yellow Infinity
St. Martins Red Hab
Miss. St. Butch T
Madballs 7 Chocolate
Och Rios Scotch Bonnet
Numex 6-4
Armageddon
MOA Red
Spanish Naga Morich
Lumbre
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
White Fatalii
UBSC
 ​

Have a great day people!

Great progress. I am envious if your porch. Can't wait to see it in the sprig when everything takes off.

That barrackpore looks pretty sweet.

How are you liking the smartpot?

"Plants seem to like it, but I still yearn for a greenhouse!"
I feel your pain, Mike!  A greenhouse is a definite winner!
How big of a unit would you put in if you could do it now?
"Potting up more seedlings to 3 x 3's today.  Might do some
one gallons.  The yellow Moruga in the smart pot is shifting
gears happy."
Sounds great, brother; progress being made in your
neck o' the woods!  

Devv said:
+1 on the sun room, looks great!

And the lizards are keepers. They were in the garden big time this season, always busy.

Stay warm!
Thanks Scott!  I love the critters and will always hunt them down with the camera.  I may not put up as many dragonfly pics this season as I usually see the same species for the last 3 years.  I will post a link to a slideshow of all of them though at some point.

Forecast is 24 tonight and 20 Tuesday morning with unseasonably warm temps by the end of the week!  Bring it on!  I still have Tepins out that I always leave out.  I moved them closer to the house.

Sorry to hear about your well expense.  Best of luck with that tough expenditure!

maximumcapsicum said:
Great progress. I am envious if your porch. Can't wait to see it in the sprig when everything takes off.

That barrackpore looks pretty sweet.

How are you liking the smartpot?
Adam, thank you for the kind words.  That mental image of the spring helps drive me along!  I like the pot but probably won't buy any.  I am interested in making a few large ones like Scott did last year.  I guess that material is called "jute"?

PaulG said:
"Plants seem to like it, but I still yearn for a greenhouse!"
I feel your pain, Mike!  A greenhouse is a definite winner!
How big of a unit would you put in if you could do it now?
"Potting up more seedlings to 3 x 3's today.  Might do some
one gallons.  The yellow Moruga in the smart pot is shifting
gears happy."
Sounds great, brother; progress being made in your
neck o' the woods!  
Paul  I haven't really planned on buying one anytime soon.  I have this large A frame swing I made for my daughter on her 5th.  They don't use it any more and I have often thought about enclosing it.  I'm guessing the bottom would be around 12 x 20?  Just dreams at this point though!  This season I plan on rotating the swing parallel to the back fence and out of the way to make room for a pair of longer above ground raised beds. 4 x 24 each end to end as close as I can get them to the other raised beds I have ( 4 each 5 x 8 along the back fence).  I was inspired by Penny's awesome raised bed and want to build beds using the landscape timbers like my other beds but wanted them to look like the old Lincoln logs from childhood.  I may let go of the Lincoln log notion but definately landscape timbers 4 tall on cinder blocks (my back has come to like this).  I am planning on having dirt hauled in just waiting on a little more cash.  A busy project for sure.

Potted up some Barrackpore and TFM scotch bonnets today

Out of room in the vertical grow box.  Time to give new shoes to some top grads.  The box has two vertical Fluro units (ancient) T12's and two CFL light bars front and back panels.  Two circulating fans.

A nice Brain Strain to one gallon pot

A Yellow Bhut Jolokia

Moving day get your moving buddy!  10 plants to one gallons Yellow Moruga, 7 Pot Chiguanas, 7 Pot Bubblegum, BrainStrain, Yellow Bhut, Datil.

Cheers everyboody!

Mike

Nice update Mike, plants are looking very healthy!

Yes, come on cold and leave! We're slated for 2° warmer than you....

I want some January weather like we had last year.

Stay warm Bro!

Devv said:
Nice update Mike, plants are looking very healthy!

Yes, come on cold and leave! We're slated for 2° warmer than you....

I want some January weather like we had last year.

Stay warm Bro!
Thanks Scott!  I will do my best.

Sawyer said:
So much greenness here, Mike.  And that back porch is great.  Which way does it face?
Thank you John!  It faces North unfortunately.

Spicegeist said:
Your Yellow Bhut looks very healthy.  For whatever reason, that particular variety always looks a little meek when I start them out.
Charles, The bhut and the yellow Morugas have had the best looking roots of all.

maximumcapsicum said:
Fantastic shot of the brain strain. You can tell it's gonna grow fast.

Your grow shelf looks pretty great... so the lights fold in on the outside?
Thanks Adam!  There is a light bar of Cfl's in the back not visable and the same on the front panel that is off in that pic.  It's really just functional space saving and conveinant (existing box).  Not a thing of beauty at all!  Someday I'll make something nicer.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Some nice looking pics.
Thank you Jeff!

Good evening to all!

Mike

Do you have any pics of them?  I've been trying to keep a particular strain of Yellow Bhut alive and it's always giving me grief because the plant is slow to grow and not very robust, but the pods are huge and awesome at the other end...

Everything's looking great Mike! I'm excited to see how the SmiterQ Pequins turn out…As far as I know, your plantation will be the first F3 grow. The most I can fit in is about 10 plants….

As always, your photography is stunning!

Gary

Spicegeist said:
Do you have any pics of them?  I've been trying to keep a particular strain of Yellow Bhut alive and it's always giving me grief because the plant is slow to grow and not very robust, but the pods are huge and awesome at the other end...
Yes I do Charles;

The very first yellow bhuts I grew (2010 I think) were a little more bumpy than these. I think Sawyer is growing some like these and more bumpy now. 2010 pods with seeds from Asiagardens off Ebay. I probably still have old seeds (OP for sure)saved from this plant.

Here's the line I'm trying to keep going, these were from 2012:
IMG_20120812_175225.jpg

Let me know if you want seed, I've got a lot...

Nice pot-ups, Mike.  You have some great plants there.

You might be able to make a great cold frame out of the
swing set by draping some 6 mil plastic over it and holding
it to the ground like Rick does.  You could open up one
end or both as heat and circulation necessitate.

Back