• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn 2014

Here we go again.  Seems like it was only yesterday.  I've recieved a lot of pods and seeds from great folks here.  THP and those folks are awesome!   I'll be growing most all of them as well as an order I just placed yesterday with Semillas.

I will seriously have to alter my logistics and layout to grow everything and keep it as asthetic but affordable as possible.  Big problems;  I need to trim my front yard trees to get more morning and mid day sun in the back.  I really need to haul in new soil.  Hello wheelbarrow and backpain.  My city is currently in a stage 2 drought restrictions (once a week watering).  I usually water with drip irrigation everyother day until summer forces me to each day.  Barrel collection (which I've been tinkering with for a while) will have to happen.

Here is my list in no particular order.  Seeds and or Fresh pods from; Pepperlover/ Judy, GAGrowhead/Jason, Windchicken/Gary, Sawyer/John, Spicegeist/Charles  Meatfreak/ Stefan, PIC 1/ Greg  Thanks to all!                  
                                                                                               Transplanted to 3x3's;
 ​
Butch T Scorpion /Me
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise/Jason
Peach Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Sepia Serpent/Jason
Bhut Orange Copenhagen/Jason
Peach Habanero/Judy
7 Pot Not Red (Yellow) Barrackpore/Me
White Devil's Tongue/Jason
NagaBrain F3/Gary
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Congo Black/Judy
White Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Bonda ma Jaques X Yellow 7 Pot/Gary-Charles
Brain Strain/Judy
Datil/Jason
Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Bubble Gum 7 Pot #1/Jason
Yellow Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Yellow Bhut Jolokia/Judy
7 Pot Chiguanas/Judy
Texas Pequin F2/Gary-Brian
7 Pot Jonah/Judy
Brown Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Elysium Oxide Bonnet F4/ Me
Tepin X 7 Pot/Charles
MOA Scotch Bonnet/John
7 Pot Burgundy/John
7 Pot Barrackpore/Me
Jigsaw/John
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Cumari do Para/Me
Giant Yellow Brainstrain/Judy
Carolina Reaper/John
Funky Reaper/John
7 Pot Brown/John
Douglah/Me
Chintexle/Charles
Donne Sali/Charles
TFM Scotch Bonnet/Jason
Tepin X Quintisho F1/ Me
Mini-Mini X Purple Flash F1/ Me
Trinidad Chocolate Bonnet/Jason
Trinidad Cherries/Jason
Tepin/Me
Quintisho/Me
Giant White Hab/ Jason
Espelette Basque/ Me
Green Habanero
CGN 23255
Brown Bhutlah
Brown Rocoto
Sara's Green
El Oro de Ecuador
Jalapeno Jalastar
Habanero Naranja Picante
CAP 217 Rocoto
Jalapeno Goliath
Lota Bih
Chiclayo
Jalapeno El Jefe
Yellow Bhut SG
Naga Suomi
Madballs 7 Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Yellow Infinity
St. Martins Red Hab
Miss. St. Butch T
Madballs 7 Chocolate
Och Rios Scotch Bonnet
Numex 6-4
Armageddon
MOA Red
Spanish Naga Morich
Lumbre
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
White Fatalii
UBSC
 ​

Have a great day people!

I may have been one of the lucky ones then.  I remember a lot of talk about it being a "mutation" that grew in his field of red Bhuts.  I think it may have been Paul Bosland that stated that but I am not sure that I remember correctly.  I will try to resurrect those old seeds just for curiosity.

The following season (2011) was massively hot here.  We had over 90 days at or above 100F.  I can't remember if I grew this yellow bhut again after 2010 or not.  I would have to look at my grow log.  I suspect I did grow it but that season was miserable.

Scarecrw said:
Nice list of peppers. I see you have all 3 bonnets elysium oxide, moa and tfm. Nice job on the babies.
Thank you very much Scarecrw.  There are a couple others it's just not very organized.  Jamaican Yellow S.B. and Tobago Yellow S.B.  The Elysium is a Douglah cross that I have been growing out that probably paired with a scotch bonnet or a congo type.

Spicegeist said:

Exactly why I wanted to keep this particular line going.  So many different sub par "yellow bhuts" around...
Sadly, I was not able to find any of the old seeds from that AsiaGardens Yellow Bhut.  I look forward to getting these from you Charles.

Some new arrivals from Semillas.  Poor lighting for these pics.
Chiclayo

Habanero Naranja Picante

Green Habanero

I got some cool mail today from Stefan/ Meatfreak.  Thanks for the seeds Stefan, I look forward to growing out the Pimento Lisa F2 and the Jalapeno varieties!
Good evening THP

Mike

Spicegeist said:
Any day now...
Charles, do you mean, where's the pics of the Stefan seeds I got?  I tried to include this pic last night but THP was fussy.

maximumcapsicum said:
Looking great Mike! Keep the pics comin!
Thanks Adam, Not a problem!

meatfreak said:
Good luck with the seeds, Mike!
Thanks very much Stefan!  Like Gary, I was a little surprised to see a website listed on the seed packets.  Great stuff you have and I will be back.  Look for a post in the vender vault after my first germination.  Less than a week! :P

Devv said:
Congrats on the new babies Mike!

I see we're all in the same boat, lots of seeds, too many plants, not enough room...but a good place to be!

Putting any outside?
Thanks Scott!  Yes and still more coming!  It is a good place.  Thinking about it maybe.  I'm still desperate to get my dirt hauled in which I'm working toward.  Rain Friday.

I'll be back after 9 pm!

Later

PaulG said:
Stefan hooked you up, brother!  Great stuff!
Yes he did Paul, and I am very grateful!

Got some more cool mail today!  This time Mr. Charles is adding to the loot!  Thank you, I will enjoy.

More good news, I got a Brown Rocoto hook today!  I think all but one type has hooked or sprouted from Semillas.

This is my Not Red 7 Pot Barrackpore.  Yellow pods make me happy!  I overwintered the plant that begat this young seedling.

Giant Yellow Brain Strain from Pepperlover fresh pods

Sepia Serpent from Jason fresh pods

So last weekend my daughter and I are hangin out in Austin and she wants to go to this Herb bar place cause she's into it ya know.  (She is 13 and has an internship with a local soap company).  So I'm cool since I made her watch skaters for a half hour, reliving the past.  We get there and the smell knocks ya down at the door!  It's a little new agey but ok I guess.  I'm looking over the bulk jar ingredients and I happen on one full of Sassafras bark.  Right away I knew some was going home with me.  I was thinking bbq ferment, or root beer soda of course.  I pop open the jar and it's like I'm traveling back in time on this very fond memory smell from around age 10. 

I was always a little differrent than the other kids.  I spent a lot of time walkin railroads with my dad, fishing of course, and digging in old dumps for cool old bottles.  I used to dig in this ravine dump near a cemetary that once had a homestead up top, long since gone.  Digging in the roots of sassafras made for a pleasant time.  I would take a friend occaisionally to dig.  We would pass notes in school.  One read, "Hey let's go smell some bottles after school" and that particular note was found on the floor by the teacher.  It took quite awhile to convince her of what we were really doing!  Hell I think I only learned the word "huffing" in the last ten years or so and I'm 52.

I found some really cool liquor store bottles from my hometown of Joplin (their packed away) and these poison bottles at this sassafras dump.  These two have a manufacturing age range of 1890 to 1910.  Mouth blown into a mold with a hand tooled lip.

Thanks for sitting thru my memory!
Mike

Those are some awesome bottles Mike. I try and keep an eye out for cool stuff like that. My mom's house I grew up in was built around 1880 so we were always finding cool stuff digging in the yard and in the river. Plants are looking great and congrats on the hooks!

Wow!

Sassafras brought back memories from the 5th grade, we used to dig it up just to enjoy the smell of it. Wish I had collected the bottles I found as a kid at a few abandoned homesteads we used to mess around at.

Glad to see the babies looking so good!

Enjoy the warmth while it's around!

Capsicum Select said:
Those are some awesome bottles Mike. I try and keep an eye out for cool stuff like that. My mom's house I grew up in was built around 1880 so we were always finding cool stuff digging in the yard and in the river. Plants are looking great and congrats on the hooks!
Thank you Caps!  I bet there are some old treasures to be had there.  In my young adult life I had become so obsessed with collecting that I had replace my need for material possesions with joy of learning all things earth science and nature.  Still obsessed just not rabid!

Yes Charles they are in the dirt!  Will let you know when they get here. Thanks

Devv said:
Wow!

Sassafras brought back memories from the 5th grade, we used to dig it up just to enjoy the smell of it. Wish I had collected the bottles I found as a kid at a few abandoned homesteads we used to mess around at.

Glad to see the babies looking so good!

Enjoy the warmth while it's around!
That memory was a fun ride for me no doubt!  Well I put my one gallons out today.  Don't think it's to windy.

maximumcapsicum said:
Fantastic looking little plants! Glad to see things are progressing!
Thanks Adam,  I've fallen a little behind keeping up but I got to carve some room.  Which I new would happen though.

Moved out some one gallons for taste of sun

Very pretty Yellow Moruga Scorpion

These nine Tepins saw 15 to 18 degree low temps a couple days back.  We will see if they pull out this year.

Backporch overwinter Aji Lima Rojo nearly all ripe.

Salvia Sun Snake

Have a great weekend people.  Cedar allergy's are kickin this yankee butt!
Mike

Back