• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn 2014

Here we go again.  Seems like it was only yesterday.  I've recieved a lot of pods and seeds from great folks here.  THP and those folks are awesome!   I'll be growing most all of them as well as an order I just placed yesterday with Semillas.

I will seriously have to alter my logistics and layout to grow everything and keep it as asthetic but affordable as possible.  Big problems;  I need to trim my front yard trees to get more morning and mid day sun in the back.  I really need to haul in new soil.  Hello wheelbarrow and backpain.  My city is currently in a stage 2 drought restrictions (once a week watering).  I usually water with drip irrigation everyother day until summer forces me to each day.  Barrel collection (which I've been tinkering with for a while) will have to happen.

Here is my list in no particular order.  Seeds and or Fresh pods from; Pepperlover/ Judy, GAGrowhead/Jason, Windchicken/Gary, Sawyer/John, Spicegeist/Charles  Meatfreak/ Stefan, PIC 1/ Greg  Thanks to all!                  
                                                                                               Transplanted to 3x3's;
 ​
Butch T Scorpion /Me
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise/Jason
Peach Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Sepia Serpent/Jason
Bhut Orange Copenhagen/Jason
Peach Habanero/Judy
7 Pot Not Red (Yellow) Barrackpore/Me
White Devil's Tongue/Jason
NagaBrain F3/Gary
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Congo Black/Judy
White Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Bonda ma Jaques X Yellow 7 Pot/Gary-Charles
Brain Strain/Judy
Datil/Jason
Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Bubble Gum 7 Pot #1/Jason
Yellow Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Yellow Bhut Jolokia/Judy
7 Pot Chiguanas/Judy
Texas Pequin F2/Gary-Brian
7 Pot Jonah/Judy
Brown Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Elysium Oxide Bonnet F4/ Me
Tepin X 7 Pot/Charles
MOA Scotch Bonnet/John
7 Pot Burgundy/John
7 Pot Barrackpore/Me
Jigsaw/John
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Cumari do Para/Me
Giant Yellow Brainstrain/Judy
Carolina Reaper/John
Funky Reaper/John
7 Pot Brown/John
Douglah/Me
Chintexle/Charles
Donne Sali/Charles
TFM Scotch Bonnet/Jason
Tepin X Quintisho F1/ Me
Mini-Mini X Purple Flash F1/ Me
Trinidad Chocolate Bonnet/Jason
Trinidad Cherries/Jason
Tepin/Me
Quintisho/Me
Giant White Hab/ Jason
Espelette Basque/ Me
Green Habanero
CGN 23255
Brown Bhutlah
Brown Rocoto
Sara's Green
El Oro de Ecuador
Jalapeno Jalastar
Habanero Naranja Picante
CAP 217 Rocoto
Jalapeno Goliath
Lota Bih
Chiclayo
Jalapeno El Jefe
Yellow Bhut SG
Naga Suomi
Madballs 7 Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Yellow Infinity
St. Martins Red Hab
Miss. St. Butch T
Madballs 7 Chocolate
Och Rios Scotch Bonnet
Numex 6-4
Armageddon
MOA Red
Spanish Naga Morich
Lumbre
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
White Fatalii
UBSC
 ​

Have a great day people!

meatfreak said:
That's an well trained cat, Mike. Guarding your plants :) Have a good weekend!
Thanks Stefan! That is my awesome garden buddy! She was a stray who chose to have kittens, (in a pet carrier) on our back porch while we were away on vacation. She loves for me to be in the backyard.

maximumcapsicum said:
Nice pictures! Can't believe the richness of the Ajis! Great job! What kind of snake is that?
Thanks Adam!I think it's just a common worm snake.

Devv said:
Glad to see the young ladies out sunning Mike! They look happy. :drooling:  Now this is Tejas weather!

Even the snake looks happy!
Thanks Scott. I'm sure he is blissful!

Essegi said:
Great show! There's all, great varieties many from THP member seeds, snakes and lizards, excellent plants, great photos!
Thanks SG! Probably lots of nature pics here thru the season!

I will be going out of town this weekend so I have to get my grow lights on a timer. Here's a few more Brown Rocoto hooks. 4 for 4 from Peter @ Semillas! Hope I get a chance to taste these this season.

Have a great day!

Mike
Penny said:
Everything looks amazing, nice and green....well done.
Thanks Penny! I'll try to keep em green!

Mike your plants look very healthy....have fun with the grow this year !
I don't know whether to kick myself for not starting up the seeds yet....or rather get excited about the fact that they will be hitiing the dirt soon...so many folks have such great looking plants.

I admire the story about the medicine bottles.....I have a friend who's into the nostalgic finds. Amongst old cars, records, movies..etc, he's also collecting old vintage bottles. He has some rare finds and most of them are found buried under and nearby   some of the oldest Oak Trees around. 
Way back when folks use to eat their lunches under the shade of the old oak trees. 

Have a great weekend , it's almost here !

maximumcapsicum said:
Wow, great update! And fantastic little set of hooks. Can't wait to watch em grow!
Me too Adam! I'm looking forward to fuzzie's and purple blooms.

Devv said:
Glad to see the pubes coming up for you, they've been a struggle here for me.

The weather should improve after this weekend, I'm so ready!
Thanks Scott. The other pube only gave me 2 of 4 and one of those didn't make coty's. A little attrition is a good thing at this point!

PIC 1 said:
Mike your plants look very healthy....have fun with the grow this year !
I don't know whether to kick myself for not starting up the seeds yet....or rather get excited about the fact that they will be hitiing the dirt soon...so many folks have such great looking plants.

I admire the story about the medicine bottles.....I have a friend who's into the nostalgic finds. Amongst old cars, records, movies..etc, he's also collecting old vintage bottles. He has some rare finds and most of them are found buried under and nearby   some of the oldest Oak Trees around. 
Way back when folks use to eat their lunches under the shade of the old oak trees. 

Have a great weekend , it's almost here !
Thank you very much Greg! I think exciting is probably an understatement for me anyway! I am sure I'll have a few more non pepper tangents before the season is done!

I got some really cool mail from you today that has left me amazed with delight and appreciation for THP. 15 varieties (12 of which are new to me!) Speechless! I am out of town this weekend but you can bet these will be in the dirt before I leave tomorrow for Houston.

Thanks again very much for squeezing in my cross and sending me all these awesome seeds. I'm very excited about the Madballs and the Armageddon,(Vladen I think), the orange Primo, Ocho Rio's S.B. all of them! I can't wait to see them growing.

Not much other pics today. My cats on the back porch, which on occasion another cat or even a raccoon has come in the pet door (which is fairly small). Armageddon ensues!

Have a great weekend everybody! I got all my timers set for my lights. Will water in the morning. I will only be away from my plants 30 - 35 hours for another of my sons science olympiad competitions.

Mike

Great list and healthy plants ... what more can you ask for !!! ... on you grow ... great stuff

Can I ask ... what is the background on the lota bih??  Hadn't heard about it before this season ... now it seems to be everywhere!

Trippa said:
Great list and healthy plants ... what more can you ask for !!! ... on you grow ... great stuff

Can I ask ... what is the background on the lota bih??  Hadn't heard about it before this season ... now it seems to be everywhere!
Thanks Trippa!  All I know is it is a C. frutescens in a large leaf disquise.  Charles/ Spicegeist reccommended it to me as one of his faves.  There is a pic in his glog either this season or last I can't recall.

ohmatic said:
love the picture with the cats in the box :D
Yeah it's kinda crazy that they find that comforting and safe I guess.  There are a lot of drip irrigation plumbing parts in that box.  The cat of the left is the kitten born to the mom on the right in the safety of this back porch while we were away.  The mom was a stray and now my garden buddy.

Essegi said:
 Well, good luck to your son too! :D

Cats... They always want a vantage comfortable spot! :D
Thanks SG!   On the whole, Austin Area Homeschoolers took 10th place overall out of 31 teams.  My son Ryan took 6th place in his two events.  These large invitational competition always have big name schools that field 3 or 4 teams so the competition is a little tough.  At our regional competition (the one that matters) in San Antonio, there will be less than 10 schools which makes it easier to take 1st or 2nd place overall ensuring that we move on to state competition (hopefully)!

meatfreak said:
Your gonna have your hands full with all these varieties :D That's a great picture of the cats!
I think you are right Stefan!  Here's a new one for me.  There's actually two now.

maximumcapsicum said:
Cats think they're peppers.
For some reason they think they are safe in that box I believe.

Devv said:
Hi Mike,

Looks like a peaceful grow going on with the protectors keeping a watchful eye on things.

Warmer weather this weekend, the gals can possibly spend some time in the sun.

Have a great weekend!
I hope thats the case Scott!  Warm is now turning cold again!

Here's a few pot up pics;

Bonda Ma Jaques X  Yellow 7 Pot from Gary originating with Charles

Bhut Orange Copenhagen from Jason

Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise also from Jason

Got several of these awesome Datil's from Jason as well!

All for now.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Mike

Nice looking plants.  Mine are just now starting to pop, but I'm already worried about running out of room before plant-out.

capsidadburn said:
My cats on the back porch, which on occasion another cat or even a raccoon has come in the pet door (which is fairly small). Armageddon ensues!

Cats can be extremely territorial.  I had a Siamese many years ago who wouldn't think twice of taking on an encroaching German Shepherd or Boxer.  (And it only took once for the neighborhood dogs to learn their lesson.)

Back