• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow

A few members including myself are growing seeds for this variety ASAP. I and a few others here on THP thought it would be fun to have a "community glog" strictly for this variety, a fun thread about the HP22B and growing this pepper for the first time.

I think we should start a community glog like this anytime there is a new pepper with alot of attention and alot of people growing it, possible world record holder or not. It would be fun, and this should be fun! That's why we all love this hobby is it not?

Therefore, this will be a drama-free, controversy-free, fun glog for all of us growers and others to enjoy. If you grow, please chime in. If you're growing this variety, please post pictures and chime in about your observations.

Again.. This thread is ment to be fun and informative, but mostly fun :)
Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.. lol. Keep it drama-free.
I, and many others would really appreciate this thread to stay that way.

Now lets get to growing!

IMG_3008.jpg

I went with the paper towel method for this guy just like I have with all my mid-season starts. It is far from my favorite way to germinate seeds but I'm in no hurry this time of year which is why I went this route. I've had the seeds in the paper towel for about a week now on top of my HOT5 lighting closet. The seeds should be showing root tips soon, then they will be visiting some real soil :D

How's it going for everyone else?

Brandon

Had one pop today in my rockwool.

Day 8:
Primo 2/3
HP22B 1/3

Day 1:
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend 0/3
(primed 24 hrs in 3% solution potassium nitrate)

Im growing some in an indoor breeding tent and a few outdoors in a small greenhouse until next spring. The indoor plants will be grown with a Douglah to get a few pods of F1 cross seeds.

I've had sprouts for a week now, but no roots poking through the rockwool. I'm using the small 1'' cubes. This seems slow to me, any thoughts?

Aerogardens----tall ones with 3 lights.
$159 today.

Almost every one in the family got one type or another for BD's this year.

Always some "special" going on, from free lights, buy 1 get 1 free/half off/other things free/ 20% off/ free shipping. Etc.

Great for starting to 2 or 3 months----for peppers, IMHO.
Then they need a bigger home.
(info for jedisushi06)

I had thought all were up BUT the reaper, but upon closer inspection I should have worn glasses.
Infinity and Reaper still un-popped.
Still not 2 weeks, so will give it another week before getting worried.

As of today9/21/12.. 8 out of 15 popped..temp has been 81-85,6..during the day.. temp fluctuating due to rain/overcast. night time temp drops to the upper 70's..
sorry to hear that some of u guys are not getting any to pop..hopefully thell pop up soon..

Thanks
Bryan

Aerogardens----tall ones with 3 lights.
$159 today.

Almost every one in the family got one type or another for BD's this year.

Always some "special" going on, from free lights, buy 1 get 1 free/half off/other things free/ 20% off/ free shipping. Etc.

Great for starting to 2 or 3 months----for peppers, IMHO.
Then they need a bigger home.
(info for jedisushi06)

I had thought all were up BUT the reaper, but upon closer inspection I should have worn glasses.
Infinity and Reaper still un-popped.
Still not 2 weeks, so will give it another week before getting worried.
info on what sir?
Had a second sprout pop today.

Just did the Carolina Reaper(hp22b) on tues and it is different then the primo. The primo had a citrus taste like a tangerine and the hp22b had a very sweet taste like a cherry and the heat was way higher. Posted vid of carolina reaper pod test on nagacanario's yt channel.

These guys are around 2 weeks old.
uFcrV.jpg

In coco with ph perfect nutes.

Here is the one I got in a dwc also around 2 weeks old.
RbyxM.jpg

My grow is a wash out, literally. Seed tray flooded in heavy rains and washed out all the seeds and soil. I'll try again in the spring.

i have a spourt from carolina reaper seeds and one germinated and then one prmo germinated.. gonna planthe spourt and the primo seed in soil this week prob sunday or monday

Primo and Reaper (and 5 others) will stay in the aerogarden as long as possible, None of my hydro peppers will get dirt till late spring.
Though planted at the same time, the Primo is a week or so ahead of the Reaper, so will have to remember to take that into account for the comparison.

Here is my reaper at a little under 4 weeks from when I put them in some jiffy organic seed starting mix. It's just been sitting next to a window. I really don't know what I'm doing but my results are good so far.
CkIfjl.jpg

Reactions: nee
Back