• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

catchthebear 2019

Hello everyone. 

It's my first time posting a grow log here, so if I do something wrong please yell at me.  

I finally had time to put together a list of all the peppers I have started this year.  I also relabeled every plant with giant labels using a grease pencil.   I'm tired of running into mystery plants halfway through the season!

It's a busy time of year at work for me, but things are finally starting to slow down a hair.  

Still haven't pushed my babies out of the nest yet.  Had some hail a couple days ago that scared me off putting them out.  Maybe next week. :)

I plan to put about half of them in the ground and the other half in pots.  Would like to be able to easily isolate certain varieties when they start flowering.  

I've also decided that this is my last year using the double cup method.  Big pain in the ass. 

Still looking for some Tovarii seeds too. Don't intend to start any more seeds this year, but hope to run across some before next season.  

Hope everyone has a good season ahead.  
Cheers,
Matt

------

Here's my list of my plants this year along with some photos below. May be some spelling errors, etc.  Please let me know if you notice something that needs correcting.  

* 7 Pot Congo
* 7 Pot Lava
* 7 Pot Slimer
* Aji Chuncho
* Aji Guyana
* Aji Lemon
* Aji Mango
* Aji Rainforest
* Ancient
* Angkor Sunrise
* Arrowhead
* BBG7 Jobito Chocolate
* BBG7 X Tobasco
* Bahamian Goat
* Banglador Whippet's Tail
* Bhut X Lime
* Biberie
* Big Bang Space Chili
* Big Black Mama
* Biquinho
* Biquinho Iracema
* Bird Aji
* Black Namaqualand
* Black Olive
* Black Stinger
* Black Variegated
* Bleeding Borg 9
* Bleeding Heart Yellow
* Bloody Riot Orange
* Blue Ghost
* Bolivian Rainbow
* Bonda Mahala
* Brazilian Pumpkin
* Brazilian Starfish Orange
* Buena Mulata
* CGN 191998 Eximium
* CGN 21566
* CGN 22795
* CGN 22835
* CGN 23209
* CGN 23255
* CGN 24360
* Cap 1141
* Cap 1144 Praetermissium
* Cap 115
* Cap 1478
* Cap 212
* Cap 470 Eximium
* Cap 500 Eximium
* Cap 691 Red Fire
* Cap 962
* Cap Cardenasii
* Cap Chacoense
* Cap Flexuosum
* Cap Galapagoense
* Cap Lanceolatum
* Cap Rhomboideum
* Capezoli Scimmia
* Carbonara Red
* Carbonara White
* Carolina Reaper
* Carolina Reaper X Peach Ghost
* Carolina Reaper Yellow
* Chocolate Congo X Gigantic Ghost
* Chocolate Ghost Jami
* Chupetino Pink
* Condor's Beak
* Count Dracula
* Cumari Pollux
* Devil's Rib
* Dwarf Chiltepin
* Ekirike
* Elephant
* Elysium Oxide Mustard
* Farmer's Market Jalapeno
* Fatali Gourmet Jigsaw
* Fidalgo Roxa
* Fruit Gum F3
* Funky Yellow
* Galapagos Isabela Habanero
* Goat Pepper
* Goatsweed
* Holiday Time
* Hot Pops Purple
* Inca Drop
* Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
* Khang's Lemon Starrburst
* Khang's Texas Crimson Bonnet
* Krishna Jolokia
* Lemon Habanero
* MA Face
* Macapa
* Machu Picchu
* Mata Fride
* Midnight BBG7
* Mini Rocoto Red
* Mojo Scoundrel
* Monkey Face Yellow
* Monkey Nipple
* Murupi
* Murupi Amarela
* Mutant Candlelight
* NOT Buforum
* NOT Parvifol
* NOT Sepia Serpent
* Nosegay
* Orange Bleeder
* Orange Blob
* PI 281312
* PI 281317
* PI 439452
* PI 43952
* PI 441598 Peach F3
* PI 543208
* Paprika Alma
* Peach Fantasy
* Peach Scorpion
* Peruvian Serlano
* Peter Orange
* Peter Red
* Piaxo Neyde
* Pimenta Kathumby Black
* Pimenta Lisa
* Pink Tiger X Peach Bhut
* Primo X Lemon Drop
* Purple Creme Tiger
* Purple Flower Baccatum Long
* Quintisho
* Red Lightning Habanero
* Red Rocket
* Rezha Macedonian
* Rocopica
* Rocoto Aji Largo
* Rocoto De Las Selvas
* Rocoto San Isidro
* Rooster Spur
* Safi Red
* Salvatico
* Satan's Kiss
* Scarlet Lantern X CGN 21500
* Shu
* Slovakia #1
* Slovakia #3
* Sugar Rush Brains F1
* Sugar Rush Red
* Super Hot Beast
* Swamp Thing Yellow
* Tepin X Lemon Drop
* Thai Orange
* Thunder Mountain Longhorn
* Tobago Treasure
* Trinidad Perfume
* Trinidad Perfume Red
* Trinidad Purple Coffee
* Trinidad Red Cherry
* Turkish Cap Rojo
* Uvilia Grande
* Varigated Jalapeno
* Ven Tiger X SRTSL Red
* Venezuelan Purple
* Vladan Beauty
* Wartryx Grenade
* West Indies Red
* West Indies Yellow
* White Kanthari
* White Wasp
* Wild Brazil
* Wild Japanese (Tubocapsicum Anomalum)
* Wild Purple Guatemalan
* Wiri Wiri
* Yellow BBG7 x Butch T Scorpion

m7ocJLW.jpg
iBi0SoL.jpg
IdYgos5.jpg
6Y3nBf7.jpg
Hf9s7ba.jpg
CF4sG65.jpg
Ie54QQO.jpg
gOaxX28.jpg
wp4IByw.jpg
AZb9Saq.jpg
zmmdUc3.jpg
k5SutOk.jpg
dZ1XVAD.jpg

CaneDog said:

IDK, but I just started uploading to the site and I'm curious if there's any way to avoid this. I already reduce the resolution on every picture I post, but there are many for which I'd like the thumbnail to link to a higher resolution pic as I've previously done third-party. I haven't noticed any material difference between the thumbnail and the full version.
Ya, it's kind of weird.  Not sure if it's done intentionally or there's a setting you need to tick somewhere.  Right now my pics are just coming straight off my phone at around 5MB and they're being compressed down to like 60kbs.  It's one of the main reasons I signed up for the Extreme thing in the first place lol

Reactions: DWB
catchthebear said:
I got my seeds from Bohicia Pepper Hut.    You can see some of the pods are pretty gnarly and some of them are small and smooth.  

Edit:  The small/smooth ones ripen first and none of them have had seeds inside.  Bit odd?  Not sure.

WHlq1ue.jpg

Cool, mine are from CCN. Supposed to be a strain from Pepperlover according to CCN. They look similar to mine but yours have longer tails. I think i found 1 smooth round one also but its a later pod. All the rest are very nasty looking pods.

catchthebear said:
Ya, it's kind of weird.  Not sure if it's done intentionally or there's a setting you need to tick somewhere.  Right now my pics are just coming straight off my phone at around 5MB and they're being compressed down to like 60kbs.  It's one of the main reasons I signed up for the Extreme thing in the first place lol

Another thing that's weird about this site is how painfully slowly new pictures are available to view in the new posts. My satellite connection runs at up to 50 Mbps but message pictures from THP download at 200-300 kbps.

Sorry I have neglected to update this in a few weeks.  I have too much on my plate right now and it always seems to be a decent struggle for me to get photos uploaded here.  There are a few photos from this month on my Instagram if anyone cares to see.  

Cheers

CaneDog said:
Cool.  Looks like some kind of awesome menu.

Any of those varieties stand out particularly for you as real winners?

I like the Aji Lemon a lot.  The Peruvian Serlano is loaded with pods. Dig those too.  

I really like the look of the BB7 X Tobasco.  Neat calyx.  

Still waiting for a majority of my wilds to ripen.  So far I've had two ripe Flexuosum pods.  My Tubocapsicum anomalum are loaded with flowers/pods.  Can't wait. :)

Picked these today.  

I've been working 6 days a week with about another month to go of pretty much non-stop work at the farm.  Tons of sweet corn and over 100k mums to deal with.  Been keeping me busier than I care to be.  Sorry for the lack of updates here.  Really looking forward to fall and trading with everyone! 

Cheers,
Matt

vO5y5V0.jpg

CaneDog said:
That's a lot of work put into organizing that harvest!  Cool to see all the varieties coming though for you.

Looking though all that for your Tubocapsicum, but don't see any... yet.

Yeah, took me quite a while this afternoon!  Got chewed up out there by the mosquitoes. 

The plants I have in pots definitely didn't fare as well as I had hoped.  Need to work on my soil next year or more than likely I'll just stick them in the ground.  Much cheaper that way.  The plants in the ground are pumping out pods.  This is my third year growing, so I'm definitely still learning. Learning by making mistakes! :)  Best way to learn, I guess. But it still sucks.  A lot of the potted up plants just look awful right now.

We might be seeing some Tubocapscicum pods soon...  

Need to scope out what you've been up to.  Have all day tomorrow off, so hope to see things popping off for you. :)

CaneDog said:
Looking good - but jeez don't accidentally bump into that tower!

Nice blonde too.

Lol.  Well....I didn't bump it, but the hook that's been up in the ceiling forever decided it had spent enough time up there.  Thankfully (somehow) only a few plates of seeds got jostled when the tower collapsed on itself.   God dang almost gave myself a heart attack.  Need to find a better spot to sort these out anyway.

And thanks! First guitar I ever got.  99 Fender Strat.   I haven't played in a while now.  Used to make music. Guessing you play too?

Edit:  I posted a link to my music, but it was edited out automatically?  Weird it's like that...  Let's try this catchthebear.bandcamp.com

Back