• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

catchthebear 2020

A little slow out of the gate this year, but I had some time today to get some seeds dropped this afternoon.

Most everything here has come from trades this year, so a very big thank you to all that have swapped with me.  I also have at least another 100 or so varieties I plan to start very soon.  Will likely start those at work and not keep tabs on them as much until they're a bit larger, so those will probably show up in this Glog some point further down the line.  

Here's what I got rolling today as well as some photos.  Thanks for scoping it out!

7 Pot Gravedigger Red
Aji Confusion
BJh-3 Purple Thunder
Bellingrath Gardens
Bhut X Neyde
Black Naga X Peri Peri F2
Blue Mystery
C. Eximium White Flower
C. Galapagonese
CGN 19198
CGN 20497
CGN 21500 X BBG F3
Cabai Burungu Ungu
Candlelight Classic
Cap 217
Cap 503
Chupetino Black
Chupetino Black Peach
Chupetino Peach
Chupetino Pink
Chupetino Red
Chupetino White
Dark Thai
Death Spiral
Devil's Brain
Duemila
El Incendio X Naga
Fish
Flexuosum Purple Flower
Frostbite
Giuseppe Mystery
Guyana Tragedy
Indian PC-1
JPGS X BB7
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
King Boc Purple Leaf
Li Black
Lord Voldemort F3
MAMP Black BBG
MAMP Purple Berrygum
Malagueta
Marusha Variegated
Masquerade
Monster Mutant
Monstergum Leopard
Moruga X CGN 21500
Mutant Candlelight V1
Mutant Indonesia
Mutant X Cross
Nazghul's Breakfast F4
Not Buforum
Numex Halloween
PDN X BMJ F7
Peach Ghost Jami
Pimenta Fat Chris
Pink Tiger X Ghost
Pink Tiger X Naga
Pink Tiger X Peach Reaper F3
Purple Ghost Scorpion
Purple Pequin
Purple Pumpkin
Purple Reaper
Purple Tiger X Jalapeno
Rocopica
Rocoto Amarillo de Arequipa
Rusty Nail
SBS Purple
Scarlett's Chili
Shark X
Sharpei Zou-Pi (CGN 16907)
Stefania
Sugar Rush Red Striped
T Rex
T Rex Yellow
Taj Majal Pink Minion F4
Tepin Cappuccino
Tomahawk
Tovarii
Tree Habanero
Turbo Pube X Ulupica
Volante Peach
White Moruga
Wiri Wiri
Xion #1
Xion #2
Xion #2 X Candlelight Mutant
Yellow Biquinho
Yellow Bird Pepper
Yellow Brain Strain
Yellow Pequin

20200112_122410.jpg

20200112_124225.jpg

20200112_125805.jpg

20200112_133811.jpg

20200112_155047.jpg

20200112_161232.jpg

20200112_161236.jpg

20200112_162452.jpg

My 2019 Grow Log  http://thehotpepper.com/topic/71476-catchthebear-2019/

Great looking grow, Matt. There a lot of varieties you're growing that I can't wait to see pictures of!

I just realized by your profile pic that I've been following you on instagram for a while now. So I guess that also makes you the guy that occasionaly donates fruit to Jared (weirdexplorer). I love that guy's channel. It deserves way more subs than he has at the moment.

What did you think of the S. uporo yourself? I'm growing it this year as a novelty.

Good luck on the rest of your season!

*quack* (Am I doing this right?)

Bookers said:
Nice setup happy growing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you Bookers!

b3rnd said:
Great looking grow, Matt. There a lot of varieties you're growing that I can't wait to see pictures of!

I just realized by your profile pic that I've been following you on instagram for a while now. So I guess that also makes you the guy that occasionaly donates fruit to Jared (weirdexplorer). I love that guy's channel. It deserves way more subs than he has at the moment.

What did you think of the S. uporo yourself? I'm growing it this year as a novelty.

Good luck on the rest of your season!

*quack* (Am I doing this right?)
Thanks b3rnd! Yeah, I've donated quite a lot to Jared.  I sent him over 70 varieties last summer and I've seen him review like 3 of them!  Lol.  Not sure what's going on there.  Maybe they're still in the works.  The summer before he reviewed nearly everything I sent along.  (Seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAIwMYoMpKE)

I didn't think much of the cannibal's tomato. Lol!  I just grew them as a novelty.  I saved plenty of seeds, but do not intend to grow it again.  One and done for me.  (In case anyone else reading cares to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm_rI1rk0R0d)

Wow!  Plants are looking great CTB!  That var. jalap. is a stunningly attractive plant.  I can't quite read the label, but is that the same one you sent me seeds for  :pray:         Nice tomato tray too!

And hey, if you need any pepper seeds let me know, because, you know, it doesn't look like you have much of a grow underway this year   :rolleyes:         

:)

PaulG said:
Looks like you are making great progress, Matt.

I hope my variegated jalapeño turns out as nice
as your specimen.
Yeah, I've actually been real busy (until the recent shelter in place order) and haven't been tending to them a whole lot.  I'm loving the flood shelf setup.  Flood them a couple times a week and that's it.  I've sprayed for aphids twice now, and haven't seen any activity since.  

I hope those variegated Jalapenos do well for you! I had three plants and plucked the smaller one out of there.  The other I you can see in the background, but no variegation on that one.   

Bookers said:
Haha @ CaneDog.
Again good looking CTB lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks again Bookers!

CaneDog said:
Wow!  Plants are looking great CTB!  That var. jalap. is a stunningly attractive plant.  I can't quite read the label, but is that the same one you sent me seeds for  :pray:         Nice tomato tray too!

And hey, if you need any pepper seeds let me know, because, you know, it doesn't look like you have much of a grow underway this year   :rolleyes:         

:)
Thanks CD!  It's the same I sent you seeds for. Sure is :)  

Lol I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these tomatoes.  About 70 varieties, mostly from Russia.  Find a spot for them somewhere, I hope!

Of course I could use some more seeds!  You know where to send 'em!  (Pls no :scared: ) 

Lots going on there. Everything looks good to me. How exactly does that flood shelf work? I've been fighting aphids myself not sure if I'm winning either.

I kinda wish I got to shelter in place Unfortunately I fall into that category of people that gotta keep working.

Howdy! Been a minute.  I don't have regular access to my PC, so sorry for the lack of updates.  Need to catch up with everyone here soon.

Got everything planted at my place in Indiana last week.  Heading up to Michigan with the rest of my plants today.  Real quick update!

20200516_145645.jpg

20200522_124832.jpg

Got things set up at my new place now. They're a little worse for wear after being a bit neglected during my move.  Only lost a few and many are looking wimpy, but hopefully I'll still have a fairly decent harvest down the road.  Still getting settled here, but happy to finally have these in the ground.  

20200522_124832.jpg

20200525_211929.jpg

20200525_211932.jpg

20200601_123451.jpg

20200602_145508.jpg

20200601_210527.jpg

20200506_183744.jpg

20200526_143430.jpg

CaneDog said:
Hey man!  Looking good.  Glad you were able to work out a plan to get so many in the ground!

Thanks CD!  Wasn't too sure how things were going to play out, but it all worked out in the end.  Looking forward to scoping out your glog. Definitely have some catching up to do around here!

Also started these today so I'll have something to mess with this fall.  

Variegated Jalapeno 
Caxixe
Bellingrath Gardens
Marusha Vareigated 
Midnight Mass
Cumari Do Para
Wiri Wiri
Royal Black
Lanceolatum
Scarlett's Chili
Mini Vizena
Purple Delight Ghepard