Cave Creek Chili Beer: Photo Review

i hadn't heard of them before, but it's the name of a brewery, not a particular beer: http://www.jollypumpkin.com/beers.htm#

hah i have had one or two pumpkin beers though..one was the shipyard (forget the name). it was different. not something i care for really...but after a few i had warmed up to it somewhat, though never plan on buying it again.

Pam said:
Pumpkin Beer? You're recommending Pumpkin beer?

Feh!

I...I...I must despise you now!

uh did you happen to smoke copius amounts of rock in vermont? in the back woods? that would be the only explaination for thinking i would recommend a pumpkin beer! ;):lol:

rabbit said:
THANK YOU ROSS!!!:hell::beer::D I know exactly where that is. Never noticed the place though. I never really paid attention. It's about 20 minutes from where I live. I'll check it out.):cool:

man if i can buy rogue chipotle beer down here, you sure better be able to get it up there! seriously, stick to bells beers, thats where its at. in fact, we have bells down here, and come to think of it, i dont really drunk much other than bells. they gotta be in my top 3 breweries, probably #2.

ross said:
man if i can buy rogue chipotle beer down here, you sure better be able to get it up there! seriously, stick to bells beers, thats where its at. in fact, we have bells down here, and come to think of it, i dont really drunk much other than bells. they gotta be in my top 3 breweries, probably #2.

I like ALL beer.:hell::cool: I loooove hitting up special brews from a brewery though. I really like the Paul Bunyan stout they have at a brewery in Oscoda, MI. I also like the summerset wheat beer that Leinekugels makes. It's a north woods beer I think though. I've never seen it other than in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. I could be wrong though.

ross said:
uh did you happen to smoke copius amounts of rock in vermont? in the back woods? that would be the only explaination for thinking i would recommend a pumpkin beer! :hell::lol:

One can't be too careful about pumpkin beer. It creeps in, like possums in the basement, and next thing you know, they're in all the heat vents.

rabbit said:
I like ALL beer.:lol::lol: I loooove hitting up special brews from a brewery though. I really like the Paul Bunyan stout they have at a brewery in Oscoda, MI. I also like the summerset wheat beer that Leinekugels makes. It's a north woods beer I think though. I've never seen it other than in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. I could be wrong though.

you can get it in bottles and tap down here. leinenkugel is a good brewery, however most of their stuff is contract brewed by miller, which , as you can imagine, degrades it somewhat..

i'm having some chipotle ale as i type this. honestly it is better than i had expected. though i can't say i taste much/if any pepper. pretty smooth i'd say..i could drink a few of them. not one of my favorites from rogue however. i'm still open to trying other pepper beer after having this one.

xgrafcorex said:
i'm having some chipotle ale as i type this. honestly it is better than i had expected. though i can't say i taste much/if any pepper. pretty smooth i'd say..i could drink a few of them. not one of my favorites from rogue however. i'm still open to trying other pepper beer after having this one.

brew your own beer. put red savinas in it

ross said:
you can get it in bottles and tap down here. leinenkugel is a good brewery, however most of their stuff is contract brewed by miller, which , as you can imagine, degrades it somewhat..

That's cool. I didn't know that. I've been to a few bars out in California and I know they didnt' have that or Labatts there. Cool to know you can get it there. I really do like there summerset wheat beer though.

ross said:
brew your own beer. put red savinas in it

it'll be some time till i'm in one place long enough to brew my own beer..then i gotta make it right. :lol: also would have to start growing some peppers.

i took your advice though and picked up a bottle from jolly pumpkin. i wouldn't have known what it was had i not looked at their website after you mentioned it. i got the artisan golden ale. "oro de calabaza" i'm gonna open it up at my friends house tonight.

I tried one of those a couple years ago. I like beer and I like peppers. But, I didn't like this. I drank it, but I didn't like it.

Back