• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Chili Nutterz

Manufacturer: BMore Nutz

Ingredients: Peanuts, potato starch, sugar, flour, peanut oil, corn meal, egg whites, salt, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, xanthan gum, dehydrated onion and garlic, oleoresin paprika, chili, and soy bean oil.

I received a package in the post today, and I was positively giddy when I looked at the return address and saw “BMore Nutz.” I read about this snack some three and a half months ago on the forums, when the owner of BMore Nutz, Dick Taylor (DickT), was asking some questions about hot peppers, heat indexes and promoting his newest creation, “Nuclear Nutterz.”

I admit that after 14 weeks of wondering, my expectations are about as high as they could be. Typically a kiss of doom for a product review, but I’ll try to stay objective.

The packaging is great. If they were for sale at any market I frequent, I would definitely have purchased them at some point, just to try them. Somewhere between the “CHILI” in bold red type; the happy little chili-apostrophe joyfully floating between the R and Z in a cross-eyed, capsaicin induced euphoria; and the ominous green, glowing background; there is the promise of a wholly satisfying and only marginally unhealthy snack begging to be consumed in combination with a cold lager.

Reading the ingredients, one catches my attention: Oleoresin paprika. Oleoresin? In a snack food? I begin to fear for my life. But then I notice an advert to the right that reads, “The hottest new, not so hot snack in America!” So, maybe they don’t use much oleoresin at all. A thorough examination of the package boasts a chili flavor, without heat. While I typically feel deceived when a product says “CHILI” but doesn’t deliver on the heat, it does say “Mild Flavor” right on the front… I must have missed that in all my excitement… Expectations adjusted accordingly.

Opening the bag, they smell familiar, though I’m not sure why. They’re a little spicy, a little peanutty, a little processed and fake, but in the “I’ve decided to have a snack and I don’t give a damn,” kind of way. They don’t smell as manufactured as most potato chips (presumably because of the nuttiness), but there is that indescribable aroma of “powdered flavoring.” Frankly, they smell great.

The mild Chili Nutterz are, well, mild. No real perceivable heat. Apparently Mr. Chili on the cover isn’t in a capsaicin-induced euphoria after all. More likely, he’s just jazzed to be there. They have a wonderful saltiness about them, without being overwhelming, and they’re super peanutty. I suppose that shouldn’t surprise me – they ARE peanuts! The chili powder is light, but definitely present, and the mix of the chili flavor and the salt is great. The potato-chip-like coating is light and airy, but crunchy, and is just the right texture to blend with the peanuts.

I poured a bowl of these when I was warming up my dinner, and by the time I finished eating, the bowl was mostly gone. Neviah is addicted. I am too. If I had to say something critical about these, it would be that I can't stop eating them. Since they are peanutty, they have that satisfying high-fat content that just makes you feel full rather quickly; but because of the chili powder and flavoring on the potato-chip shell, they’re hard to stop eating! The end result is a VERY big belly. And speaking of bellies, they go GREAT with beer.

Overall: 8/10, simply because the flavor BEGS for heat. I've shared these with a dozen people so far and everyone has loved them!

I’d like to thank DickT and BMore Nutz for providing these samples! There are a few more flavors, and I expect they’ll be just as good - and more reviews will follow!

Attachments

• DSC01468sm.jpg
    DSC01468sm.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC01470sm.jpg
    DSC01470sm.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC01462sm.jpg
    DSC01462sm.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC01463sm.jpg
    DSC01463sm.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 202
Wow - I thought I double checked that, too! Color me 13 shades of embarrassed! Corrected!!

BTW - my names not Kevin ;) It's Kyle! We're even!!

QuadShotz said:
Now it just needs some NagaNutz... :twisted:

Nice review and congrats DickT!

I'm going to start work on the yes, The NAGA NUTTERZ, I like the name, somebody suggested the name when I first joined this site ( hippy seed company, I Think ) . I hope to have them done before XMAS, there are 3 other flavors in front of the NAGA,s

Nice review Kylevin. ;) Hey Dick T, you need to get more in some places near Leesburg, VA. I am moving there in a couple weeks. Which is the closest place you sell them at off of I-95 that I can detour to on my way up to see my family in NY?

Buddah said:
Nice review Kylevin. ;) Hey Dick T, you need to get more in some places near Leesburg, VA. I am moving there in a couple weeks. Which is the closest place you sell them at off of I-95 that I can detour to on my way up to see my family in NY?

You can stop by the factory which is 1/8 mile off 95 after you go through the tunnel. Map quest B More Nutz 6961 Golden Ring Rd Baltimore Md 21237 I'll give you a Factory tour and if you want we can have a BEER and I may have a new concoction in the works. All factory visits are privy to free samples an soon T-Shirts. Let me know when your trip is, Thanks Binka: :lol:

DickT said:
You can stop by the factory which is 1/8 mile off 95 after you go through the tunnel. Map quest B More Nutz 6961 Golden Ring Rd Baltimore Md 21237 I'll give you a Factory tour and if you want we can have a BEER and I may have a new concoction in the works. All factory visits are privy to free samples an soon T-Shirts. Let me know when your trip is, Thanks Binka: :lol:

Oooooh, a factory tour me like. I don't like beer though, more of a foo-foo drinker myself. Once I get settled in and back from Weekend of Fire I will take you up on that. Thanks :)

DickT...you should send Klyth some of your Nuclear Nutz..the ones I got from you have decent heat and are delicious...

to me, Red Savinas are about half again as hot as an Orange Hab...JMO

theHippySeedCo said:
looks Great, But Yea Nuclear Naga Nutz

now that could become a Chant, Naga Nutz Naga Nutz Naga Nutz

Now Nuclear Naga Nutz and Beer , Nice :)

NAGANUTZ! :onfire: NAGANUTZ! :onfire: NAGANUTZ! :onfire: NAGANUTZ!

AlabamaJack said:
DickT...you should send Klyth some of your Nuclear Nutz..the ones I got from you have decent heat and are delicious...

to me, Red Savinas are about half again as hot as an Orange Hab...JMO

Hey Jack, I sent all flavors, did you get that link I sent you on the Today Show?

Buddah said:
NAGANUTZ! :onfire: NAGANUTZ! :onfire: NAGANUTZ! :onfire: NAGANUTZ!

we had these at the Baltimore Arena for the Blast games ( indoor soccer ) they had the crowd Chanting B MORE NUTZ, it was kind of cool

theHippySeedCo said:
looks Great, But Yea Nuclear Naga Nutz

now that could become a Chant, Naga Nutz Naga Nutz Naga Nutz

Now Nuclear Naga Nutz and Beer , Nice :)

consider it done, Cheers down under

DickT said:
Hey Jack, I sent all flavors, did you get that link I sent you on the Today Show?

Yes sir and I giggled at the guy that had one and loved the surprized expression on his face...wuss... roflmao...

DickT said:
Shotz, How hot is the Savina in comparison to Habanero

I'd agree with AJ....seems to me to be tad hotter than your generic hab. Far as heat goes for habs, here's my opinion:

Orange hab, savina, fatali, choc hab..in that order.

I'm not sure what difference there really is between say regular red habs, scotch bonnets, caribbean red habs, and red savinas.

They all tasty. :)

Back