• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude growing for year 2014 led light indoor/outdoor glog

Chilis have not been growing much, because we have been having terribly cold weather conditions. I hope the weather gets warmer soon or all my hard work will go to waste. :tear:

Your plants looks good eventhough you've had cold weather. What temperatures are we talking about?

Do you keep your plants in the tent during winter or do your take them inside?

Nulle said:
Your plants looks good eventhough you've had cold weather. What temperatures are we talking about?

Do you keep your plants in the tent during winter or do your take them inside?

About 6 degrees celsius in most nights. Few nights have been 4-2 degrees celsius. About 3 weeks straight, there have been mostly rain and only very few sunny days.  This summer have been unusually cold, i have never seen anything like this in my lifetime.

When the winter comes, i think most of the plants will go to the compost bin, as i have been growing my plants from seeds every season and that way i also avoid any pests, that may lurk in the plants.

Looks like the colder weathers are over for now and hot late summer is upon us.

Moruga scorpion are starting to produce few pods:

7 pot burgundy is ripening it's first pod:

Aji lemon drops started to produce plenty of flowers and pods:

Big 7 pot burgundy pod and eating only a half of this pod was a very bad idea. this thing had a very intense heat. Sweat and tears flowed all over the place and really opened my nostrils.

Bonda ma jacques in the left, Moruga scorpion in the middle and Aji fantasy in the right.

Plenty of pods coming, will have a decent year after all.
P1120912.jpg

Finally tasted Bonda ma jacques pod. Had a sort of fruity taste to it, quite similar to a fatalii, but not as bitter. Heat was quite pleasant and not overpowering.

The plant makes a lots of pods in a good care, so i highly recommend to grow this variety.

Chilidude said:
Big 7 pot burgundy pod and eating only a half of this pod was a very bad idea. this thing had a very intense heat. Sweat and tears flowed all over the place and really opened my nostrils.

Plenty of pods coming, will have a decent year after all.

Good to hear about the burgundy. I'm growing these for the first time this year, and I don't know what to expect. I just picked 'em out because they sounded cool - I have no idea what to expect! Also good to heat that your plants are podding up. Always good news!  :onfire:

dash 2 said:

Good to hear about the burgundy. I'm growing these for the first time this year, and I don't know what to expect. I just picked 'em out because they sounded cool - I have no idea what to expect! Also good to heat that your plants are podding up. Always good news!  :onfire:

Be sure to tell all about it, when you decide to eat one. :rofl:

My chilis seems to be growing so fast right now, i soon will not be able to move inside the greenhouse.. :woohoo: :mope: :surprised:

Got a bluelab truncheon EC meter now, so i can measure my fertilizers better and safe money in the long run.

Few of the chili bushes are now decorating the house..from the left: Fatalii, Caramel bhut jolokia, Rocato and a Petenero.

I really should not put too many chilis inside the greenhouse, because taking care of the plants gets too complicated really fast.

LS929 said:
Dang, your plants look amazing. Great job Chili.

Has the weather improved poddage?
Yeah, they are now making more normal sized pods and July was amazingly hot and it seems that Fall is also somewhat warmer than normal. :party:

Good to hear!

I know weather can be such a bummer when it comes to growing in more northern climates.

Congrats and post more pod pics when the come out!!

LS929 said:
Good to hear!

I know weather can be such a bummer when it comes to growing in more northern climates.

Congrats and post more pod pics when the come out!!

Right on, pod pics incoming:

Fatalii plant.

Caramel bhut jolokia.

Bonda ma jacques.

Moruga scorpion.

Aji fantasy.

A hybrid.

Aji lemon drop.

Petenero.

Northern climate will not stop my chilis from producing, i just have to start earlier than most of you guys.

Back