• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chillie Whisperer's South African Glog-2013

Hi everyone,so,this will be my verey first attempt to start a glog,I live on a farm in SA in the Western Cape.
I AM still attending school (9th grade) and I will try my very best.
I just want to thank Lourens (PeriPeri)
And Conor (Saugapapper) for the fantastic seeds,you guys are awesome!

I will grow:
PeriPeri : mozambique
Habanero Orange
Peach Habanero
Jalapeno
7pot red
7pot brainstrain yellow
Yellow Fattali
Choc habanero
Billy Boy Douglah
Butch T Scorpion

The rest I can't remember,will send the full list tomorrow

I am in exam stage in school so things will be hectic,anyways,wish me luck,thanks.

Yes,that's what counts! :p I'm just stressing cuz I hope I get pods this season,otherwise I'll have to overwinter

Hopefully the plants will start growing faster now that they are in the ground :)

Thanks Devv!

chilli whisperer said:
Check what I got in the mail today!
http://s1367.photobucket.com/albums/r790/Jacobus16/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=utf-8BN3BvZCBidWJibGVndW0gc2VlZHMuanBn_zps5e5580bf.jpg

That's 100 bubblegum 7pod seeds!

Thanks a LOT Brain Strain Pepper Head! :D

It is even more :P  Have you counted them?
Beautiful plants you have there, good job!
One hint for posting pics on the forum: if you open the picture in Photobucket, you will see 4 links in a frame labelled 'Links to share this photo'. If you click in the last one ('IMG'), it will automatically copy the link, and you just need to paste it to the forum. After hitting the Post button, the picture will be visible to anybody.

Balázs

HabaneroHead said:

It is even more :P  Have you counted them?
Beautiful plants you have there, good job!
One hint for posting pics on the forum: if you open the picture in Photobucket, you will see 4 links in a frame labelled 'Links to share this photo'. If you click in the last one ('IMG'), it will automatically copy the link, and you just need to paste it to the forum. After hitting the Post button, the picture will be visible to anybody.

Balázs
Hey,haven't counted yet,will do it tonight :)

Cool,I'll try that! :D

Devv said:
Nice score on the seeds!

Are the going to be this years grow?
thanks Devv! :P
No I won't be growing them this year,only next year as I'm way too late to plant seeds.
I'm trying to collect as much seeds as possible for next years grow.
Next year will be different as I will be planning much better

Wow that is a lot of Bubble gum seeds I just have 3 seeds that was left overs, so I'm hoping all three will grow, I have 40 varieties that I will be growing this year about 4 or 5 of each and maybe a few others, some are unstable crosses and I have a few wilds that I want to grow.  I also have 10 plants that I am overwintering, right now I'm fighting aphids so I might loose a couple of plants before its over. I want to get about 5 more varieties that I know will grow true to type so that I can compare them to some that I grew last year.

wildseed57 said:
Wow that is a lot of Bubble gum seeds I just have 3 seeds that was left overs, so I'm hoping all three will grow, I have 40 varieties that I will be growing this year about 4 or 5 of each and maybe a few others, some are unstable crosses and I have a few wilds that I want to grow.  I also have 10 plants that I am overwintering, right now I'm fighting aphids so I might loose a couple of plants before its over. I want to get about 5 more varieties that I know will grow true to type so that I can compare them to some that I grew last year.
Hey Wildseed,yes it is,I don't have enough space for all of them lol.
If you want I could trade you a few ? I also have this one unknown variaty that I got from my grandpa that I could send you,I still got some of those seeds,just pm me :).

You have quite the roll on the plants hey.
What's the minimum temps to overwinter a pepper? Because it gets as low as -4 degrees celcius here :|

I might do a trade with you for a few seeds, are you looking for anything special? I'm alway on the look out for something wicked or wild.  

wildseed57 said:
I might do a trade with you for a few seeds, are you looking for anything special? I'm alway on the look out for something wicked or wild.  
Ok then,just pm me your list,and I'll pick one if that's ok :)
Yea,these are real wicked,its realy cool that the cap on the pod also ripens..I wonder...has anyone ever tried eating the cap? LOL

Pretty cool looking cake you had for your Birthday, I'll PM you with my list I think I have a few that didn't cross when I was in the hospital last spring and summer, I hope you had a Happy New Year, as I was not feeling my best I just went ahead and slept through all the partying that was going on, just as well  as most of my meds don't mix well with alcohol.

wildseed57 said:
Pretty cool looking cake you had for your Birthday, I'll PM you with my list I think I have a few that didn't cross when I was in the hospital last spring and summer, I hope you had a Happy New Year, as I was not feeling my best I just went ahead and slept through all the partying that was going on, just as well  as most of my meds don't mix well with alcohol.
I'll be looking out for that list :)
Thanks. Yea,we didn't do some special stuff for new year,but the family was together.
But next year will be much different :p

Back