• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Chocolate bhutlah?

bucdout57 said:

The -actual- Chocolate Bhutlah hasn't been made readily available to the public as of yet, as far as I understand.. This guy is only advertising two of the most popular names - Reaper and Bhutlah - and he's spread himself out over several websites - eBay, ETSY, and other miscellaneous places.. but no sign of a name or official website. Very good odds this guy is a scammer.

Personally, I'd advise against buying seeds from anyone on eBay unless you know them or someone reliable can vouch for them. Always good to do research and ask around on here, if you're ever not quite sure. 

Here is the latest (as of this post) info on the Chocolate Bhutlah from the creator himself:
:)

Unfortunately you more than likely just bought yourself some bell pepper seeds. Ebay is probably the worst possible place to order chile seeds from, especially super hots. Too many dishonest people making money hand over fist on ebay off of the "next big thing" super hot race.The chocolate bhutlah of Steven's (standbyandfire) has only been given to certain friends and reviewers. There are other versions of the bhutlah though. Judy has a version which I was lucky enough to get a few boxes of this summer and were pretty damn hot. I've not been lucky enough to try Steven's chocolate bhutlah to compare but Judy's was up there in heat. Semillas also has a version of red and brown bhutlah which they sell. I've not tried these at all.

Okay bought these a few months back. Put a few in a baggy and One sprouted I'll plant it and keep you all updated. Thanks again for all the info. I will definitely do my homework now that I'm here.

As far as i know, Steven (standbyandfire) is the real deal about Chocolate Bhutlah, and only a few and selected friends of him have the seeds, and i really doubt they would give them out.

Really few chances yours could be true, sorry.

bucdout57 said:
Okay bought these a few months back. Put a few in a baggy and One sprouted I'll plant it and keep you all updated. Thanks again for all the info. I will definitely do my homework now that I'm here.
lets us know how it goes i bought a few seeds off ebay (guilty confession) waiting to see what they turn out to be either way i exited to grow them and ima eat them all haha, found that same image being used for several other web sites most of them selling from china in large quantities 100 seeds for 3 bucks O.O

Daedra said:
lets us know how it goes i bought a few seeds off ebay (guilty confession) waiting to see what they turn out to be either way i exited to grow them and ima eat them all haha, found that same image being used for several other web sites most of them selling from china in large quantities 100 seeds for 3 bucks O.O

bhut camp said:
Rip off!Probably orange hab seeds.You really have to do your homework when ordering seeds from ebay.
The pic on the ebay offer is not a chocolate bhutlah!
so true. 
bucdout57 said:
we should all spam this guy with hate mail.  Looks like he stole a picture from one of Paul's reviews.

Hey did you also buy chocolate bhutlah seeds? If so just wondering how much they were?like other members said better to do a little research on superhots and new varieties?I believe Steve is working hard to stabilize his creation.

there are more than one strain of chocolate bhutlah, they have different characteristics.

judy - seeds were available if you bought fresh pods and harvested them yourself
semillas - available
standbyfire - not avail

so this person on ebay could have got one of this first two options and is reselling them or something.

*honorable mention to buckeye butchlah as its a cool douglah cross

juanitos said:
there are more than one strain of chocolate bhutlah, they have different characteristics.

judy - seeds were available if you bought fresh pods and harvested them yourself
semillas - available
standbyfire - not avail

so this person on ebay could have got one of this first two options and is reselling them or something.

*honorable mention to buckeye butchlah as its a cool douglah cross
that be cool if he is, so heres hoping for the best but expecting the worst*habanero* not that its bad either keep us update bucdout57

juanitos said:

semillas - available
standbyfire - not avail

Didn't know about the Judy's one, but i can tell you that the only Chocolate Bhutlah is standbyandfire's one and it's being kept secret until it's completely stable: Steven just posted a statement on his Youtube channel where he announced a partnership with Ed Currie's Puckerbutt Pepper Company to "help him getting this stable in a scientific way".

Semillas's one is called Brown Bhutlah, and from what i have seen from mixed reviews it's certainly a superhot, but not as hot as Steven's one.

Naming semantics.
If someone sees a bhutlah that is brown they call it chocolate this issue can be confused 100x.
Saying that one person has the "true" chocolate bhutlah is kinda silly. What makes his more true than others? Does he trademark the name?

Not saying this but only that they are different strains.

Semillas put a kind of trademark on his by adding the SLP to the name. Chocolate Bhutlah became famous to the chilehead thanks to Steven's one, and usually when you talk about this name you're referring to this strain.

The 2 strains are similar in shape and measures, Steven's is a little darker than SLP's.

juanitos said:
Naming semantics.
If someone sees a bhutlah that is brown they call it chocolate this issue can be confused 100x.
Saying that one person has the "true" chocolate bhutlah is kinda silly. What makes his more true than others? Does he trademark the name?
It will be trademarked soon!

Back