• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

chsy83's First Glog for First-Timer Growing Superhots(123112 update)

So, yesterday started germination process with paper towel in ziplock method . . .

7192683310_2fb3fa8114.jpg

and put them on a heating pad set to low.

7192686826_1da4a387e4.jpg

Ouch! Hope you can make the tent work for you.

Well, found out today from the seller that they are going to refund me, and that I do not need to ship back the busted tent to them, which is good, b/c it was around 60 lbs.

Nice! I don't know if it is the photo or a real colour difference, but the start of yellowing on the Butch T may be an early sign of overwatering. I'm only pointing this out because of the "first timer" in your blog title.

Well, the leaves started off yellow. They just started getting some green after I gave them some weak nutes (afraid of nute-burn). Overwatering is something that I keep struggling with (should I water, should I not). I have a fan blowing on them constantly, with temperatures over 85 F the last few weeks (today is cooler), so the soil has been getting bone dry more quickly. I think that the coloration is due to recovering from lack of nutes, but I will try holding off on watering a little longer, just in case.

That may well be the case. I was going by my first experience growing peppers, when I had yellowed leaves on all of my plants that were far worse than yours. I am looking forward to seeing how your peppers do throughout the summer! :P

The ones that I moved outside a couple of weeks ago all died. It was an overcast day, and I thought it would be an easy way to ease them into full daylight . . . so, I want to really ease them into daylight this time. The thing is finding time to move them outside in stages (hour a day for a week, two hours . . . etc.) I don't currently have a lot of free time (time intensive job, two kids age 3 and 1), so I just haven't gotten around to it. I plan on putting my plants outside right when I get home, then getting them back inside after an hour . . . just haven't yet.

All of my red habanero were started outside, though. So they are already hardened. I plan on planting all of my new Butch Ts that I got from Judy outside, since it is well within their comfortable temperature range now, and then putting them in my large grow tent come colder weather.

Here are some pics I snapped just now.

Red Fatali:
7188210531_757c5f3aa0_z.jpg

Bhut Jolokia, including a weird tricotyledon one:
7188211333_c82b23f5ca_z.jpg

Got some Red Brains from Joshuap2000 the other day, tried them and, very hot! Anyway, dissected the remaining brains today and popped them in my new Nesco that I got for Father's Day:

7383793268_b7c45e643d_z.jpg

Here is what I got out of the Peppers:
7383785716_b30abe4f70_z.jpg

I put 36 of the seeds in soil.

Your grow looks great. I have to get me one of those pepper dryers for mother's day next year. Or maybe my bday in December :drooling:

Hey, i was born in december also, but the 17th,

Let me know how you like that deyhdrator. i am in the market for one myself, but might spend the extra cash and get one of those excalibur that i heard was the best. But who knows.

Also, i had thought i responded about them dying hwen you move them outside, What i do, is when i put them outside i stick them on the car port. I know about were the line is right now to get about 1-2 hours of morning sun and thats it. after i time i give them a little more and more til they get a good 7-8 hours.

So next time, if you got the room find a shady spot to put them in that will get shade almost 90-95% of the time at first.

Oh woww !!! What day??

oops I forgot to type mine is the second

Mine is the 28th.

Hey, i was born in december also, but the 17th,

Let me know how you like that deyhdrator. i am in the market for one myself, but might spend the extra cash and get one of those excalibur that i heard was the best. But who knows.

Also, i had thought i responded about them dying hwen you move them outside, What i do, is when i put them outside i stick them on the car port. I know about were the line is right now to get about 1-2 hours of morning sun and thats it. after i time i give them a little more and more til they get a good 7-8 hours.

So next time, if you got the room find a shady spot to put them in that will get shade almost 90-95% of the time at first

I might could find a spot on my front porch/step. Not much shade in my yard.

With your germination rates, I see a larger garden in your future...

Since I got my new tent, i feel like I can put more in and see what grows . . .

One of my Butch Ts from yesterday:
7397458878_26a9dcd591_z.jpg

One of my Yellow Brains:
7397461118_56fe5758b8_z.jpg

Tasmanian Habanero:
7397464688_660003ab2f_z.jpg

The Butch T and Brains look great.
I too can't stop planting more...
I think I have planted everything for the season, But every time I say that I wind up planting more....
Having too many plants is a good problem to have..

Reactions: nee
Something keeps eating my Red Habanero plants. Completely. They just go missing. There have been big black birds in my garden lately. Would they have a taste for tender pepper plants?

Back