• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Cigars

just brought from Cuba ....

3123991027_b2416be858.jpg

I rolled 1 big Passow Cuban out of the plant I harvested, but its definitely not very professional looking. I'm not a tobacco smoker but I'll have to give it a try.

POTAWIE said:
I rolled 1 big Passow Cuban out of the plant I harvested, but its definitely not very professional looking. I'm not a tobacco smoker but I'll have to give it a try.
As long as you've cured it correctly, it's a wonderflly potent and tasty smoke. Just don't inhale ;)

millworkman said:
IGG and POTAWIE, take pictures when you do end up rolling them.
Sigh...must I always be the one to educate the masses on proper drug use :rolleyes: ( ;) ). You do not roll blunts with this type of tobacco. If you want to get the hallucinagenic properties of tobaco without getting nicotine overdose ( Havana is particularly high in nicotine), mix a little bit of it in with your pot and smoke it out of your pipe. Two or three hits max....be sure you are sitting down to.

whats with the lagality issues with some types of Cigars in certain parts of the world? What exactly are they trying to achieve?

Yep, some (regardless of the quality) cigars can be inhaled - that doesn't mean they should be inhaled.

Glad I live where real cubans from Cuba are legal:)

humidor.jpg

Pretend the dog isn't blocking the view;)

Novacastrian said:
whats with the lagality issues with some types of Cigars in certain parts of the world? What exactly are they trying to achieve?

AFAIK only the US have a ban on cuban cigars - all products from Cuba have been banned in the US since the '60s I belive.

MrArboc said:
Yep, some (regardless of the quality) cigars can be inhaled - that doesn't mean they should be inhaled.

When you smoke as many as I do per year you can inhale them.

Glad I live where real cubans from Cuba are legal:)

I do too but the local tobacco is almost as good and about 1/20 the price.

It's illegal to bring Cuban cigars into the USA, but I think it's perfectly legal to be in possession of them. Even the cheap one's I have tried are pretty darn good, as good as the best Dominican's I have had. I am saving a nice one for when the weather warms up and I can actually enjoy it outside.

I still have a nice fat 'Romeo Y Julieta' in it's tin case, I will have to look at smoking it next weekend when the kids aren't home.

How long will a good cigar last in it tin case before it would be considered to be passed it's time??

Back