• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974 2013 Grow Log

Chris, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to PM me, after I poured over your glog from a year or so back. Obviously, your peppers are astounding and I like the "containing" until plant out. I'm using 2.5 x 3.5 deep and not potting up--small is fine with a good stem, good roots; yes: they catch up. Love, love the flowers and varieties of basil. Anyhow, got the system I'm using and largely how doing it from you. So far, excellent, my first year . . . and just thank you! Annie

Basil? Basil. Basil? Good luck on the ping pong challenge.

I just glanced outside and it's snowing. Lord I hate Nebraska weather.

No problem Annie. I'm glad I could be of assistance. :) Your grow-out looks nice this year. I definitely like the shelving system as you know! Best of luck n 2013.i

Chris, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to PM me, after I poured over your glog from a year or so back. Obviously, your peppers are astounding and I like the "containing" until plant out. I'm using 2.5 x 3.5 deep and not potting up--small is fine with a good stem, good roots; yes: they catch up. Love, love the flowers and varieties of basil. Anyhow, got the system I'm using and largely how doing it from you. So far, excellent, my first year . . . and just thank you! Annie

Thanks!!

subscribed :P As others have said, good luck growing in 2013 Chris. :cool:

The weather has been terrible in MI this year. Absurdly cold. No end to the cold weather lately. :(

Basil? Basil. Basil? Good luck on the ping pong challenge.

I just glanced outside and it's snowing. Lord I hate Nebraska weather.

Yes, I planted both Coheed. I couldn't forget those two. :)

Hey Chris, did you happen to plant any yellow Douglah or sepia serpents this season?

Thank you.

Nice start!

The weather has been terrible in MI this year. Absurdly cold. No end to the cold weather lately. :(

We just had snow up here today (northwest of Lansing). Did you guys get any? Where was this stuff in November and December? I can stomach it then, but we had a ton of snow in March. Depressing...

Good luck on your grow! Spring will come, I'm almost positive.

one of my mil buddies, from way back, was visiting up there and posted a pic of the snow on his FB page. Hope it clears up soon. We had a bit of snow for 1/2 day around here < 2 weeks ago. None of it seemed to stick though. Hope it stays gone 'til the end of the growing season.

Hi Chris, it looks like all is well under the lights, did you get hit by that last snow that went through? Its been cold down here which is a bit unusual, but I was able to take my plants out today as it was warm enough but the wind whipped the beegees out of everything so I had to lug the 150 or so plants back inside.
The poor things looked wind beat and sun fried, As I was seeing just how bad I could make my back feel weed wacking around the garden and yard area, I left them out a little to long and lost a few wimpy tomato plants and a couple peppers. I go by what doesn't kill you will make you stronger, but I'm going to have to expand the grave yard if I keep killing them.
Well Chriss your plants are looking good even if you did get a late start, heck I'm lucky if I get mine in by late May, it looks like I'll have to buy a few Wallyworld plants so I will have a few early tomatoes that and my asian Basil and Lemon grass, Baker's Creek will be putten on their Spring Fest on the first Sunday in may so I can get a few goodies there, my Grand daughters want to come and it looks like my 91 year old mom wants to tag along, so I'll be drafted to push her around in her wheel chair.
Jere the Owner of Bakers Creek needs a better Handycap Area for unloading and picking up people as his place sits on the side of a hill.
I'll at least be able to get some good tomatoes,sweet peppers and all my Asian food needs.
Take care and keep us posted, good luck with your fun plans that you have going , should you happen to get a Tovarii X Eximium or Tovarii x cardenasii please as far as that goes any of your crosses are always a nice surprise.

It's snowing here again. Just thought I'd pass that on in case anyone here is complaining about their weather.

Hey Chris,

your red foodarama scotch bonnet with first pod! Time to upgrade from 3 to 5 gal pot.
007_zpsc0270c77.jpg

and here is your papa joes mkt scotch bonnet isolated and just put in-ground starting to flower! really excited about this bonnet!
010_zps821b5cc5.jpg

Everything is looking great so far, not that anyone is surprised!

What I find amazing is the single lettuce plant per pot. You are way more patient than I. My lettuce containers usually look like Chia pets. I sprinkle the seeds on like I'm seasoning some spaghetti sauce! :rofl: ... and I thought I was OCD, haha!

Looks like our Time is coming where we can get our plants out, I'll get four good days to harden off some then I have to bring them in for three days, but after that they will go back out till I can get rid of a rat problem, then I will need to till the beds up and get all twenty 5 galon buckets ready along with a two 30 gals, one 20 gal and two 15 galon containers stuffed with top soil chopped straw, sand, Mirical Grow potting soil and good old composted cow manure. If I lived outside the city limites those rats would be toast :fire: as I have a make shift flame thrower that I use to melt ice, burn brush and kill multiflora rose bushes that are out of control and lots of other things. I will have to see what my sister's neighbore thinks, as I want a controled mini explosion where the AB gas is shot down into the holes where it can soak in some just before I flame it. :flamethrower: "Just kidding" but that is what I would like to do. If I did that half the yard would go up with a BIG WOOPH, WOOPH as the flames moved down one rat hole to another. :dance:

Hi again, Chris, the weather is getting some what better, we had snow in May here the first time in over 50 years, most likely nothing new to you I here you really got dumped on.
My plants are coming back under the lights after being sun burned and beat up by the wind, I had several little sticks that surprised me by coming back even stronger, some of the weaker ones just keeled over and died, but such is life, if you are strong enough you will pull through no matter what they throw at you.
While I'm on the pepper subject here I got some seeds labled "Super Scorps" They came from 3/5 King I think, but I can't find any info here about them, Do you have any info that you might share about them? If not I will try 3/5 King again to see what he knows. I'm looking forward to trying the Braccapore once my guts gets healed up enough to eat hot peppers, I've been told that I have to take the summer off from eating spicy foods and just about every thing I like. I might just go ahead and eat and drink what I what to, if it doesen't kill me It will make me stronger. Just as my peppers come back after getting a beating.

Back