• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974 2013 Grow Log

I'll put a "bump" in here so you can add more photo's, going to post 3/5King to see what he knows about the super scorp seeds. Hope your weather warms up soon, we're having a good week down here, still going to have some more rain but at least we will have a few warm days till the weekend when it is supposed to cool down but by then my plants will be harden off enough to go into the soil full time, that is if we don't get hit with more crazy weather.

First 30 plants in the ground today.   LOTS more to go. It's going to take a while. lol.  The weather has been great here this week.  Next week is nice too.  At least it finally took a turn for the better.  About time the sun came out this year!

Chris

Congrats Chris!  I bet it feels  great (aside from the body aches) to get some of those babies into the ground. I cant remember, did you have those raised bed/rows, or was that someone else?  Either way, what are they going into, ground, beds?

Again, I think we all are looking forward to some great pod shots in a few quick months.

Matt

cmpman1974 said:
First 30 plants in the ground today.   LOTS more to go. It's going to take a while. lol.  The weather has been great here this week.  Next week is nice too.  At least it finally took a turn for the better.  About time the sun came out this year!

Chris
I'd love to see some pictures of these guys. Are you going to make us beg?

MGOLD86 said:
Congrats Chris!  I bet it feels  great (aside from the body aches) to get some of those babies into the ground. I cant remember, did you have those raised bed/rows, or was that someone else?  Either way, what are they going into, ground, beds?

Again, I think we all are looking forward to some great pod shots in a few quick months.

Matt
I think you're thinking about Windchicken and his raised wood chip rows, but I may be wrong. I think cmpman grows in various different spots in his yard, beds along the sides of his house, and in containers. Like I said, I may be wrong, it's been a long time since I read through his 2012 log.

7 Pot Evergreen F3 - Pepperlover.com

7 Pot Lava™ - Pepperlover.com

C. Tovarii

Mounded Raised Bed #1 - Peppers

Mounded Raised Bed #2 - Peppers

Mounded Raised Bed #3 - Peppers

Patio Area - Peppers

Queen Laurie x Bhut Yellow F1 - SG - Super Vigorous!

SRTSL (C. chin)

Bhut Jolokia Green - AIASP Exclusive

Chris you utilize the growing space well. Plenty of plant support...or shall I say self support as no stakes are needed. 100ish plants per bed ? The heirloom tomatoes are popping.
Are your patio pots raised to avoid excess heat or lesson damage from the night crawlers ?
Thanks for the update...should be a great season!

Nice Chris,I see you have planted an insane amount of plants again. So glad that they are rebounding from the early season issues. The 7 Pot Lava is a spiked up monstrosity,can't wait to see those pods. Do you have any other new or intetesting plants for this season besides those?

Have a safe holiday.

Wow Chris...that's a ton of plants in a little space! So whatcha got cooking along that back fence and the other beds over by the cable box???

MGold86, I used to have wooden raised beds that were primarily 4' long x 12' wide x 1' high.  I finally got fed up with them rotting and changed my garden space to mounded raised beds w/o wood.  MUCH easier to manage.  I did love the wooden beds and convenience in some ways, but this is more practical I feel   I'm basically using the same soil that was incorporated in those beds so it's cool.

MGOLD86 said:

Matt

Pic 1, I raise the pots on the patio to assist with drainage and not strain the bricks. :)  Works well.  Yes, I try to take advantage of space when possible. lol.  Maybe 70-80 plants per long mounded raised bed.  They are pretty long.
PIC 1 said:
Chris you utilize the growing space well. Plenty of plant support...or shall I say self support as no stakes are needed. 100ish plants per bed ? The heirloom tomatoes are popping.
Are your patio pots raised to avoid excess heat or lesson damage from the night crawlers ?
Thanks for the update...should be a great season!

I'm excited to see how the 7 Pot Lava™ turns out.  First time I have grown it.  I have no idea if this generation will produce like last.  I have ALL kinds of weird stuff out there. :)  Lots of strange crosses from friends, some AIASP hybrids exclusive to them such as Bhut Jolokia Green, Neyde Black Bullet, and many more.  I will post more pics soon.  The plants are still pretty small. 
Pr0digal_son said:
Nice Chris,I see you have planted an insane amount of plants again. So glad that they are rebounding from the early season issues. The 7 Pot Lava is a spiked up monstrosity,can't wait to see those pods. Do you have any other new or intetesting plants for this season besides those?

Have a safe holiday.

Wouldn't you guess what's over by that fence....MORE PEPPERS.  Haha.  Yeah, I have a problem I admit it. :)
stc3248 said:
Wow Chris...that's a ton of plants in a little space! So whatcha got cooking along that back fence and the other beds over by the cable box???

Awesome update and space layout. I grow in a very small area as well so space management while maintaining eye appealing landscape is always a challenge. You have done both justice. You do have a slight problem, you like me cannot say no to planting too many plants!

so it has begun. :dance:  I like the delicate branches of the tovarii. Also like that you have a grow area near the patio and some unique varieties of peppers.

Spicegeist, your Pimenta de Neyde x Bhut F1s are awesome looking too so far.  No pods yet. :)  More to follow as they progress. 

Chris

Back