• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CMPMAN1974 Growing Thread - 2009

Couple of no-namers picked today. :)

P1080451-1.jpg

P1080450.jpg

Eggplant are done this season. The weather was just too cold to pull a decent crop of them this year. Tomatoes are done. It's just peppers ripening now and cold weather stuff is growing (lettuce, asian greens, beets, radishes, etc.).

Why these are called African Nagas, I have no idea. lol. These are the only two pods my plant made. They have excellent fragrance/flavor though. The Pimenta Morango pods go through a beautiful transition in color.

P1080497.jpg

P1080495.jpg

Going to play with these sweet cayennes to make a powder mix with the hot stuff. Should be interesting. Again, not from my garden. There is no way I could pull these harvests here and bug free pods. :)

P1080506.jpg

P1080507.jpg

great assortment of peppers Chris...

I am still about 2-3 weeks away from my larger harvest(s)

Chris you are an absolutely amazing pepper collector and grower. Many factors conspired upon you this year but we all know you'll be back better than ever. I saw the wind storms up your way over the weekend and the long sleeve sweater wearing summer you had. Many of us at THP would be short on variety without your growing skills. Thanks for the props above.:)

Thaks PRF. I appreciate it. I do my best. Everyday more is ripening. :) This is a 'daily' harvest. There are still so so many pods on the plants. We have a possible frost alert Thursday though. It may be over soon. There are easily 1,000+ pods left out there.

Chris

P1080524.jpg

cmpman1974 said:
There are easily 1,000+ pods left out there.

Chris

Do you plan on doing that thing were you trim all the foliage off? I was wondering how well that has worked for you?

Great harvest & collection of hot peppers great job my friend never see so many rare & new variety from any one on internet Chris you are just "Master pepper collector" congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Few new ones today....this chocolate twisted habanero is the oddest plant ever. I'll let Scoville comment more. lol. The fruit are heatless and tasteless. THe pod variability and size is amazing. This isn't the biggest even. Would you believe these two are off the same plant? :)

chris

P1080538.jpg

P1080536.jpg

P1080535.jpg

Yes Josh, I may do that again. We may get frost tonight so it won't matter. I think it helped the ripening process in 2008.

Thanks 915river. :) Can you e-mail me? I'm trying to e-mail you, but its getting rejected. I think I may have the wrong e-mail address since you moved.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
Yes Josh, I may do that again. We may get frost tonight so it won't matter. I think it helped the ripening process in 2008.

Chris

I was thinking about trying it this season. How long before the last harvest would you recommend doing this?

Back